IGNORED

Something I'm trying to understand - Grifting

BelieveinScience

I've noticed on a lot of christian based blogs that they run fundraisers for various things and talk about how God wants us to help those in need yadda yadda yadda. That's all fine and dandy but what I don't get is in all these fundraisers they are offering prizes like ipads, gift cards etc...

If God wants his people to help others in need doesn't that mean helping/giving without expecting anything in return?

I don't get the need to offer an incentive if its truly in the bible and these are true christians blogs are talking about. Or is there a verse in the bible that says "give only if there's a chance to win an ipad in return?"

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

From what I understand, there are companies that send bloggers free stuff about it so they will talk about it on their blogs, so that may be where the stuff is coming from. I'm sure Apple doesn't do that but maybe some gives the charity an iPad and that's where it starts?

From what I understand, there are companies that send bloggers free stuff about it so they will talk about it on their blogs, so that may be where the stuff is coming from. I'm sure Apple doesn't do that but maybe some gives the charity an iPad and that's where it starts?

Its a legal version of payola.

Oh no its not like that. Most of the stuff being given away in the fundraisers, the blog readers donate. Here's an example one- http://www.covenantbuilders.blogspot.com/p/mulligan-stew.html

Archived