IGNORED

Keep Feminine... Don't take out the trash.

Deleted07

A 'lovely' poem I found... :| trainingdaughtersteachingwives.com/?p=704

I don’t mind if you

open the door

or take out the trash for me.

I don’t mind if you

fill up the gas tank,

and shovel the dirt, you see.

I also don’t mind if you

open the jar;

Nope, I think that’s sweet.

I can do it myself

I’m not really weak;

They’re not things that I couldn’t do.

But doing those things as the man in my life

to be the strong one

and care for your wife

shows me the beauty of my design.

It preserves my womanhood,

and keeps me feminine,

to love me as I was created as:

Woman

~by Jacque Dixon

:roll:

Thought you ladies might have some words for this tripe!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:roll: Thought you ladies might have some words for this tripe!!!

Actually -

I have no words.

(and if the garbage is full, or it stinks, I take it out)

I think if my taking the trash out made Mr. Long Island feel like less of a man, then we have bigger problems to discuss.

My husband takes out the trash (because that's how we divided up domestic chores) and opens jars (because I physically can't.) But now I feel an overwhelming desire to revisit who does what just so no one thinks he's "protecting my femininity".

If I made my husband take out the trash it'd be a disaster. Every time I try to make him do it, he puts it on the back porch and is like, I'll do it in a sec just let me finish _____ first. I go off and do my own thing, then the next day I open the door to discover that the trash never got taken all the way out and the squirrels have gotten into it. I no longer make sunnidude do trash duty.

The poem itself isn't that bad, except for the last two stanzas. I really don't mind if my husband does me favors... it's nice! But never do I think it "preserves my womanhood". That sounds disgusting. I don't even know what it means, but it makes me think like preserving= renewing a sealed hymen. :? Yes, I went there. But that's the visual that came to mind when she wrote "preserving my womenhood". Yuck.

I think if my taking the trash out made Mr. Long Island feel like less of a man, then we have bigger problems to discuss.
....Sing it sister!

That's um... interesting.

Unfortunately it's just my mom and I so a female is going to have t take out the trash no matter what. GASP.

They must think I am a total butch because I always take the trash out. My fiance is a germaphobe, and I am the exact opposite so I get the dirty jobs! Which is fine by me, I am not afraid of a little garbage!

The poem itself isn't that bad, except for the last two stanzas. I really don't mind if my husband does me favors... it's nice! But never do I think it "preserves my womanhood". That sounds disgusting. I don't even know what it means, but it makes me think like preserving= renewing a sealed hymen. :? Yes, I went there. But that's the visual that came to mind when she wrote "preserving my womenhood". Yuck.

I agree.

I hate taking out the kitchen trash so my hubby does it. :) I take out the bathroom trash.

Now, it would be great if hubby Mr.MRS, would fill up my car for me...but you can't get everything in life. ;) I envy you ladies who live in Jersey (an attendant fills up the vehicle, its illegal to do it yourself there).

My biggest problem with this shitty excuse for a poem was with the "fill up the gas tank" part. What the fuck? It's not fucking rocket science to fill up a gas tank, nor does it require much physical strength. You unscrew the gas cap, pick up the gas nozzle, press the button for what type of fuel you want, insert nozzle, pump. I don't see why you need to be a Manly Man to fill up a... oh fuck it, we're talking fundies here.

None of that stuff is particularly difficult for either sex to do; and I can open my own damn jars, thank you very much. Admittedly, jars are sometimes just hard to open, but I don't pass them off to the nearest penis-bearer to preserve my femininity.

i must be an eternal optimist, but at least it says she CAN do those things. I wouldn't expect that kind of "poem" to admit that. But then if she's perfectly capable of doing those things, just as well as her husband can, how are those naturally masculine things? Makes no sense, even by their twisted logic.

I laugh at this for different reasons. I have no problems taking out the trash. I was the youngest kid in my family and after my three siblings left the house, I was put on trash duty and I never had issues with it. I live with my boyfriend now and he takes out the trash half of the time. Last year, he broke his leg and was on crutches for two months before getting a walking boot. He joked during that time, that breaking his leg got him out of certain chores. I guess fundie women who expect their husbands to take out the trash while on crutches.

My biggest problem with this shitty excuse for a poem was with the "fill up the gas tank" part. What the fuck? It's not fucking rocket science to fill up a gas tank, nor does it require much physical strength. You unscrew the gas cap, pick up the gas nozzle, press the button for what type of fuel you want, insert nozzle, pump. I don't see why you need to be a Manly Man to fill up a... oh fuck it, we're talking fundies here.

None of that stuff is particularly difficult for either sex to do; and I can open my own damn jars, thank you very much. Admittedly, jars are sometimes just hard to open, but I don't pass them off to the nearest penis-bearer to preserve my femininity.

This made me LOL....I've known how to pump gas since I was 10. It's really pretty simple. I also take out the trash, open my own jars, and can change oil and brake pads on a car. These people would probably be horrified by me. :)

Thank god my femininity is intact! My 14 y/o son takes out the trash.

To each his own I guess, but since I've been taking out the trash and filling my own gas tank for a bazillion years, it's really no big deal to me. I even haul the big bins up to the top of the driveway every week (trash, recycleables, and yard waste) and then back down again the next morning. I feel it's good exercise :)

What would really make me happy is if some guy wanted to come scrub my toilets, or perhaps wash my windows, inside and out. Now that would really big a big help.

That poem made my eyeballs twitch. I've read good poems where they switch up the rhyme and meter between stanzas, but, yeah... not today.

I always wonder why antifeminists keep putting up the "holding doors open" as something really major that men do as a service to women. I mean, sure, it's thoughtful not to slam the door in my face but I held a door open not twenty minutes ago and it involved no particular sacrifice on my part.

So, they're tough enough to live off the grid or give birth on a toilet, but bringing the can to the curb will ruin them?? Um, OK. I personally have never pumped my own gas as I live in NJ buy in a pinch I could probably figure it out with no lasting side effects.

My husband takes the trash out now or one of the sons will if Dad is gone on business. As a kid it was my job or one of my sisters as in a family of mostly female one doesn't have any choice to say that's a boy job nor would such talk fly with my mother as she also had my brother cooking and washing dishes.

When I was teen I wrote a poem once and it was more about getting out from my controlling father's house. I remember writing that I wasn't puppet to be controled and so forth and at the end I demanded that my strings be cut. I later destroyed the poem as I never wanted it to see the light of day and I already had several writen pieces published in local sources against my will. (stuff done in school and published by the school) She might write better if she went with her teenage angst.

I take out my own trash and I put gas in my car the only thing a man ever does is my neighbor will kill bugs that I can't reach or that dive bomb me and REFUSE TO DIE. Otherwise I do all the "manly" stuff on my own. Not hard at all.

Lol. Add a few more words and you get Fundies Ripping Off Foghat! :lol:

I don’t mind if you

open the door

or take out the trash for me.

I just wanna make love to you.

I don’t mind if you

fill up the gas tank,

and shovel the dirt, you see.

I also don’t mind if you

open the jar;

Nope, I think that’s sweet.

I can do it myself

I’m not really weak;

They’re not things that I couldn’t do.

But doing those things as the man in my life

to be the strong one

and care for your wife

shows me the beauty of my design.

It preserves my womanhood,

and keeps me feminine,

to love me as I was created as:

So, they're tough enough to live off the grid or give birth on a toilet, but bringing the can to the curb will ruin them?? Um, OK. I personally have never pumped my own gas as I live in NJ buy in a pinch I could probably figure it out with no lasting side effects.

So Jealous! Your gas is SOOO much cheaper too. For me its the touching the handle/germ thing. I try use a glove or a paper towel. I'm sure those handle have never been cleaned.

I hate it when a woman is perfectly capable of doing something, but doesn't just to make a man feel stronger and herself look weaker.

I can open doors (around here whoever gets to it first holds it open), take out trash, and open jars. I can also change a tire, unclog the sink, and mow the grass (although my husband likes to work in the yard).

The flip side of that is that I can't cook worth a damn so my husband does that. He doesn't reach my bar on housekeeping skills so I do all of that. We divide things up based on what each person does best or prefers to do. There are no preconceived gender rolls here.

Archived