IGNORED

Nie.Nie has her 5th baby

NothingLeftToLose

I know we have had some recent good discussions on the Mormons and motherhood recently and this fits right in.

Nie.Nie of the NieNieDialogues has had her 5th baby and the 1st baby after surviving a plane crash. I have mixed feelings about this chick. I have compassion for her situation but other FJers have pointed out some incidents where she has used her "plane crash victim" to scam free christmas gifts and is suing the little TOWN where her plane crashed for damages. ???

Anyway - the tone of her interviews post plane crash seem to always end up with the most devastating thing being not knowing is she can continue to birth .....and it always struck me as sad since she already had FOUR kiddos.

So she just popped out #5 and should continue on to idea of mormon Sainthood ...sigh

I am conflicted about NieNie as well. I will say, I think the tone of her "birth announcement" is weird and fake sounding. She said yesterday that she didn't feel like being around the computer so she would be taking a few days off to enjoy the baby. Instead, she's back one day later with more information, and there's still more to come. Because we wouldn't want the celebrated birth of a child after a traumatic pregnancy to interfere with trolling for page clicks. And then this is right in the middle of it:

Did you know that my book is officially out now?

You can buy it anywhere books are sold.

Amen.

:? :roll: :?

I don't like her. Being in a plane crash really is no excuse to ask like how she does and play the victim card all the time then feed off of that victim card to make money. Asking for gifts from readers at christmas so she can show off where they came from so the readers can get publicity for their store then not doing it because there are too many, followed by regifting said gifts? Classless. Not caring about the safety for your kids by not buckling them in moving cars or putting them in life jackets in boats? Classless.

A lot of people have gone through tragic events in their lives and don't use that money to profit off of and keep playing the card over and over through manipulation like she seems to do. Look at Courtney Roth shes the example of class that all bloggers should try to strive to be like.

I'm just annoyed that she's draaaaaging out giving out any deatils about this baby, mostly to generate page clicks, I assume.

Her "blog" is pretty much one huge ad for various companies who give her free things. Not terribly interesting, in my opinion. I think she's been through a lot, but she's not the most likeable person sometimes. Who is?

Her "blog" is pretty much one huge ad for various companies who give her free things. Not terribly interesting, in my opinion. I think she's been through a lot, but she's not the most likeable person sometimes. Who is?

Reading back through her old, pre-crash posts, she's frequently far from likeable. I think she's a fundamentally self-centered person who isn't particularly smart or educated, and it shows in her writing.

nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2005/10/neck-brace-man.html

I took a deep breath of that “delicious breeze†and up I hiked, happy and content until, I ran into a man who had two rat pug dogs on leashes. Now, it needs to be said that he indeed had a neck brace on. I know being prejudice against people with disabilities is considered discourteous, but whom are we kidding it was an awesome sight, something right out of a amusing movie. His hair was gray and I was sure he was in his middle 60’s. Of course Nan and Bobby went right up to the rat pug dogs and sniffed them up and down. The man was so furious I thought his neck brace was going to pop.

“Don’t you know that dogs are supposed to be on leashes up here LADY�

The tone of his voice was cruel, but I think him calling me “lady†was more offensive. I smirked and apologized. It was true, the dogs were not controlled and I was having a ruff time calling them back to me. He yelled some more complaints as I walked past him. I went home to tell my dad that I ran into the world’s biggest grump.

nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2005/11/corzinepawlowskifernicola.html

Corzine, Fernicola, Consatino, Rozzo, Castillio, Lagtgona, Forchion, and Pawlowski.

These are the Men and Women that I had to vote for yesterday at the booth. I had to wonder as I stepped into the small, enclosed stall is the mob running for office? Unfortunately the democrats beat out the republicans. I am not saying that Dems are mobsters, but well, whatever. The republicans had names like Forrester, Coury, Boxwell, and Tidd. That seems normal enough to me. Like they say: Its all in a name…right?

She lost me altogether when she wrote about hitting her dog out of frustration, as if it were something cute to do. She's posted more than once about her or her husband kicking the dog, where it is clear that they actually, physically struck the animal rather than, say, kicking him out of a room. Not cool, Nie.

nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2007/06/nienies-friday-face_22.html

I don't mean to trivialize the fact that she's overcome some incredible medical challenges in the course of her recovery and pregnancy. But the idea that the only acceptable response to suffering is to become an inspiration is really damaging on many levels. I believe we've discussed before how Nie seems to struggle with processing the gap between her lived reality and the narrative she tries to present. And the fact that her 5th child is a real human baby and not a bridge from who Nie is to who she'd like to be isn't really coming through in her writing.

Its all about the click$ for Nienie. Prior to her accident she had a huge sense of entitlement and nothing changed after that. She made lemonade out of lemons is all. I dare say there are others in this world who have suffered tragedy but just didn't know how to monetize it.

Overall she kind of drives me crazy, but in a train wreck kinda way. I read her book in less than 24 hrs and it was actually extremely inspiring and since she used a ghost writer/collaborator- well written. I walked away "getting" her and I think I now have a better picture of how she got to be who she is, even aside from the accident. She is from Provo, Utah- born and raised. If you have lived in Utah like I have, that should explain it all. If you haven't lived in the "Happy Valley," then I recommend you check out the satirical Mormon Mommy blog seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com for further insight. I guess the bottom line is I admire her gratitude for her life, while finding her blog often annoying and at times opportunistic. I do think that she's generally on serious meds that affect her mental state and that is often evidenced by her seemingly lack of self awareness at times.

I took a deep breath of that “delicious breeze†and up I hiked, happy and content until, I ran into a man who had two rat pug dogs on leashes. Now, it needs to be said that he indeed had a neck brace on. I know being prejudice against people with disabilities is considered discourteous, but whom are we kidding it was an awesome sight, something right out of a amusing movie. His hair was gray and I was sure he was in his middle 60’s. Of course Nan and Bobby went right up to the rat pug dogs and sniffed them up and down. The man was so furious I thought his neck brace was going to pop.

“Don’t you know that dogs are supposed to be on leashes up here LADY�

The tone of his voice was cruel, but I think him calling me “lady†was more offensive. I smirked and apologized. It was true, the dogs were not controlled and I was having a ruff time calling them back to me. He yelled some more complaints as I walked past him. I went home to tell my dad that I ran into the world’s biggest grump.

RAT PUG DOGS?!?!?!?! Oh bitch it is on. :evil: I am sitting here fuming she would say such a horrible untruth and I am thinking such things that are going to cause me to burn in hell forever. She is a ....... never mind but it rhymes with bunt. I am not going to engage with her but I will be doing some unkind actions in her honor like ripping out every weed in my backyard while screaming curse words. Rat pug Dogs?!?!?! Oh bitch, these dogs are one of the 8 oldest breeds on the planet and one of the most people friendly animals ever. You Fucking Bitch!! Rat Dogs?!?!?

RAT PUG DOGS?!?!?!?! Oh bitch it is on. :evil: I am sitting here fuming she would say such a horrible untruth and I am thinking such things that are going to cause me to burn in hell forever. She is a ....... never mind but it rhymes with bunt. I am not going to engage with her but I will be doing some unkind actions in her honor like ripping out every weed in my backyard while screaming curse words. Rat pug Dogs?!?!?! Oh bitch, these dogs are one of the 8 oldest breeds on the planet and one of the most people friendly animals ever. You Fucking Bitch!! Rat Dogs?!?!?

I used to love pugs. I wanted one so bad to the point I used to talk to people at the local rescue when they came out to fair events in town about how to properly take care of pugs. Then someone told me that their eyes can pop out and it didn't bother me when I was told that (or so I thought) but then at the kennel I worked at we had a pug there and I got so excited and he was the first doggy I took out. Then those words "eyes pop out" came out in mind and I got freaked out. Sad day. I still think pugs are cute though :)

Pugs eyes only pop out if you put them in a collar and then yank very, very hard. Doing it like that could make any dog's eyes pop out. Put them in a harness and no popping out of eyes or losing pugs because their necks are the same size as their heads. They do have eyes issues if you're not careful but that can easily be aviodable with pug proffing your house and yard and regular vet visits.

Nienie, bitch I am still angry at you and wish I knew voodoo so I could stick pins in a doll that looked like you. I am just so mad at you!!!

Pugs eyes only pop out if you put them in a collar and then yank very, very hard. Doing it like that could make any dog's eyes pop out. Put them in a harness and no popping out of eyes or losing pugs because their necks are the same size as their heads. They do have eyes issues if you're not careful but that can easily be aviodable with pug proffing your house and yard and regular vet visits.

Nienie, bitch I am still angry at you and wish I knew voodoo so I could stick pins in a doll that looked like you. I am just so mad at you!!!

Okay thanks for that information I think I'll end up getting a pug from a rescue soon. I can deal with eye issues its just eyes popping out I cant deal with. I already knew to use harnesses on them instead of collars for that neck reason.

And the fact that her 5th child is a real human baby and not a bridge from who Nie is to who she'd like to be isn't really coming through in her writing.

I love the way you put this, I think it's spot on. My (admittedly unscientific) theory is that Stephanie has never really dealt with the trauma of her accident and injuries, and she seems to feel that if she can just keep saying she's happy and amass enough pretty things and do enough photoshoots and have enough babies, she can feel like herself again, but I think she's going to find that none of it does for her what she's hoping it will. I don't know if Mormons believe in counseling (it seems like their approach is to just soldier on and believe -- or at least pretend to believe -- that life is just peachy), but I think she could really use some.

Guest Anonymous

Reading back through her old, pre-crash posts, she's frequently far from likeable. I think she's a fundamentally self-centered person who isn't particularly smart or educated, and it shows in her writing.

She lost me altogether when she wrote about hitting her dog out of frustration, as if it were something cute to do. She's posted more than once about her or her husband kicking the dog, where it is clear that they actually, physically struck the animal rather than, say, kicking him out of a room. Not cool, Nie.

I don't mean to trivialize the fact that she's overcome some incredible medical challenges in the course of her recovery and pregnancy. But the idea that the only acceptable response to suffering is to become an inspiration is really damaging on many levels. I believe we've discussed before how Nie seems to struggle with processing the gap between her lived reality and the narrative she tries to present. And the fact that her 5th child is a real human baby and not a bridge from who Nie is to who she'd like to be isn't really coming through in her writing.

That was horribly mean of her. I love dogs and have two big dogs myself. I was walking my little guy a while ago and an unleashed dog attacked us. It shook me up way more than I would have thought - it was frightening. At least I was able to pick my dog up and shield him somewhat, if I had on a neck brace and wasn't able to quickly grab him I can only imagine what would have happened. The man was already injured and probably afraid that his dogs were going to be hurt. He was totally within his rights to be upset and she's an asshole.

I love the way you put this, I think it's spot on. My (admittedly unscientific) theory is that Stephanie has never really dealt with the trauma of her accident and injuries, and she seems to feel that if she can just keep saying she's happy and amass enough pretty things and do enough photoshoots and have enough babies, she can feel like herself again, but I think she's going to find that none of it does for her what she's hoping it will. I don't know if Mormons believe in counseling (it seems like their approach is to just soldier on and believe -- or at least pretend to believe -- that life is just peachy), but I think she could really use some.

Mormons do believe in counseling, but mostly with a therapist through LDS Social Services. The drawback is that it means often that there really is no confidentiality since a therapist working for the church can report things to someone's bishop.

I bought her book and have just started reading it and I'm up to the part where she discuss motherhood and knowing her purpose in life was to be a wife and a mother and man it's the Mormon motherhood thread all wrapped up in a little bow.

I'm hesitant to condemn a woman for her choice, I respect SAHM but the book its like her only purpose is to be a mother. There are so many more things you can be, just because you're a female does not mean motherhood is your only worth.

I feel sorry for her because of the accident but at the same time I hate that she uses it as an excuse to be a total &@$^(&^%@&^$@&*^#^!% to people. "Oh, sorry I screwed you over. But 80% of my body was burned and you'll never understand that so just deal with it!" Um, NO.

I just read her book. Honestly, she comes off more likable there.

And if she wants to be a mother I don't have an issue with that. Even if she feels like that is her 'only' purpose.

Um......WTF?!?!?!

So she likes the Republican names...because they sound "All American" and doesn't like the democrats names because they don't. She thinks disabled people are "funny". She thinks it's totally okay to have her dogs off leashes even though some people are scared to death of dogs and her dogs could possibly run into an "Alpha dog" which would result in all dogs being killed. Oh, and even though she was CLEARLY in the wrong, she blames the other guy for being a grump and smirks it off like an arrogant twat.

Horrible, horrible person.

There was an article about her in People, I think it was in the past 2 weeks or so. I wasn't impressed.

There was an article about her in People, I think it was in the past 2 weeks or so. I wasn't impressed.

She's been getting a lot of press. I suspect that she will eventually make it to the Today show. It is unfortunate that she couldn't write her own book.

Begged for gifts, promised to acknowledge, didn't acknowledge but boasted about regifting them?

That, my friends, is what they used to call "brass." And not in any good way.

Never mind the photos I saw, the one or three times I visited her site, of her children walking on the kitchen counters. A fall from which could cause brain damage, whether their heads hit the floor or another countertop. Never mind the photos of herself pre-accident, in which she's a physically beautiful young woman whose smugness is pretty evident.

I have a friend who lost her virginity at age 20 to three strangers who abducted her, beat her and raped her. Of course this was before blogging and my friend isn't LDS so doesn't have the encouragement to blog (like earlier LDS ladies were encouraged to keep comprehensive journals); but my friend's gone on to become a loving family woman, successful in an honest business and still married to the guy who she was engaged to at the time of the crime. She didn't tell me about her trauma until we'd known each other for 4 years, and then it was while I was trying to stand by her in another time of deep personal crisis for her.

Stephanie Nieman could learn from my friend, but she won't. On the other hand, I won't ever visit the Nie.nie blog again, so at least from here, there are "no click$ for you," Stephanie. I do hope for the best for her and her family - my definition of "the best" probably being a ways off from hers, but so it goes. :|

There's an article in Parade in this week's paper as well that's pretty light and cheerful.

Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://www.parade.com/news/2012/04/08-s ... elson.html

I read parts of the article earlier today at my parents' house, and was thinking, "Gee, she sounds familiar. I think they've discussed her on FreeJinger before, isn't she the woman who had the plane crash and her husband basically left her in the plane because he said he didn't want the kids to have two dead parents?" Now that I'm home I came here to investigate, and lo and behold, a thread about her on Page 1!

Personally, I thought this article was just a run-of-the-mill "There was tragedy! But she overcame it!" article. For all I know, it may even be snippets from her book; I didn't read it that closely (or all the way through) and didn't pay attention to the byline.

Archived