IGNORED

Carmon Friedrich posts on Visionary Womanhood

Witsec1

So, I don't know too much about Carmon Friedrich, but there was a thread about her on the old board: http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7516/W ... 30BM45o7RY

She has a post on visionarywomanhood.com: visionarywomanhood.com/put-confidence-princes/

The post is not too interesting, but it talks about her family's political activism and how her sons became disillusioned with the Republican candidates. Even Republicans are too "statist" for her. There is a picture of one of her sons at a pro-life rally he organized in the '90's. I wonder if this is Hans, the oldest son who rebelled, or another son?

Also, the following exchange is in the comments:

Jennifer SImon says:

April 3, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Great article. I’m encouraged by your family’s concern and activism. I would go one step further–For a woman, voting itself would be putting confidence in princes. If we focus on what God has given us to do, exercising dominion, He’ll give us more righteous leaders. We as women cannot, by exercising power, achieve His ends.

Lis says:

April 4, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Interesting, Jennifer~

I am truly curious~ are you suggesting that women don’t belong “in government†and shouldn’t exercise their lawful right and responsibility to vote? I would suggest that there ARE Biblical examples (Say, Deborah, the prophetess and judge for one. She was certainly politically active, with her husband’s support, not to mention God’s.) that set the precedent for women to be engaged “in the process†of governance.

I would be interested in seeing Biblical support for women being disengaged in the political realm.

And if I misunderstand what you are implying, please forgive my obtuseness… ;)

I find the VW blog interesting because the owner, Natalie Klejwa, is so obviously trying to package the Vision Forum crap to appeal to more mainstream Christians. She is a member of John Piper's congregation. It is interesting to me that she should start an online "ministry" instead of getting more involved in her local church.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Hans at the pro-life rally. He must cringe at the thought now; he's about as liberal as can be. Here's his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/hans.friedrich ... ch?sk=info

He did "Like" Brad Phillips' Persecution Project, though, which I find odd. I get the feeling he just tries to placate Carmon and keep her at arm's length so that he can live his life.

Archived