IGNORED

Tiffany and Ben (Living a Simple Renaissance) Confuse me

Grace

I'm not totally up on this family but I do have her blog (asimplerenaissance.blogspot.com) in my reader and have mostly only been interested in that stinking adorable baby! She is so expressive and she makes me laugh out loud.

I assumed they came from super fundy families. But they drink. Fairly often. Enough to make a DD joke in their most recent post. AND (this is a new one) She's wearing JEANS in pictures from their trip to Spain. And their baby is about to turn 1 with no new pregnancy announcements.

So do you think they are loosening up as they are out on their own as their own family? Or are their families not quite as fundy as I thought?

Tiffany is one of Stacy McDonald's daughters (Stacy of "yoursacredcalling.com").

Stacy is *obsessed* with modesty and propriety, and other peoples' sex lives. I can only imagine how happy Tiffany must feel to be out from under her parents' thumbs...

I'll bet it does feel good to have at least 2,000 miles between oneself & Stacy McDonald!

I'll bet it does feel good to have at least 2,000 miles between oneself & Stacy McDonald!

Trufax - can you even imagine?

Not all children from such families end up like their parents. About a year ago I was in contact with a lady who shall remain nameless (even though her family is not fundy-famous whatsoever), she's a wife and mother now and lives far away from her family. She found her husband on her own and, despite still being religious, she not only drinks beer but brews her own batches, has a job, is going to nursing school, etc. She called her upbringing "interesting".

I have the impression they are not are loosening up now they're on their own. I've read Tiffany's blog from before she was married and I've definitely noticed changes. The McDonald daughters were my gateway fundies lol.

I think she's loosened up quite a bit! Or maybe that's how she's always been, but she wasn't able to express it until she got married and moved away. There are several blog posts of her looking rather sexy and "come hither" (isn't that what Stacy calls it?). She's fairly earthy/hip. Her hair is down more often, she's actually wearing pants in several pictures, etc. Did you notice they were in Europe? I hope it's because she's "under her husbands authority" and Ben is way cooler than the McDonald's.

I think they seem like pretty cool people. Despite their penchant for dressing up in period clothes and going to tea parties ;) They seem like people that would fit in with my church crowd, actually. I'm glad they are feeling empowered to loosen up a bit.

I got the impression that they might be moving to Europe for some reason. Did anyone else feel like she was hinting at that or did I imagine it?

And I just can't get over how adorable that sweet baby is!

They are not "cool." They are neo-Confederates.

asimplerenaissance.blogspot.com/2011/02/blast-from-past.html

"Yes, it is a Civil War Reenactment, and those are the gray uniforms we are rooting for, those are my brothers (literally), out there on the field. Before you ask those oft repeated questions we Confederates hear, let me first say a couple of words. First of all, I do not support the slavery of the South, and they were in the wrong on that front, but if you study history, you will find that there were many other issues that contributed to the War of Northern Aggression, and it is on those counts that I support the South."

Please don't be fooled by their relative sophistication. Tiffany can cook all the exotic food she wants and Ben can wear all the caftans and women's hats he wants (he sure seems to enjoy it), but that doesn't change the fact that they've drunk the Dominionist Kool-Aid and will pass it on to that sweet little baby.

The McDonalds are Presbyterians, so drinking is no big whoop.

Yeah, I know the Dad has mentioned drinking a "pint of ale" here and there but I definitely think Tiffany and Ben are more loose than her parents. I can't see Stacy approving of any drinking though.

I do think that it's interesting that their baby is 1 year old and Tiffany isn't preggo again. It could be that she's still nursing and that is partly why but I'm sort of hoping it's because they are choosing to just enjoy the one they have and not fall into the reproducing like rabbits speed the fundies she grew up with enjoy.

Archived