IGNORED

Tornado in Dallas/Ft Worth

ladypuglover

Are all our Free Jingerians ok? My stomach is just in knots thinks of the poor folks in that area. Good thoughts and Prayers and later action will be needed.

Can someone remind everyone which organizations will help the most for the people effected by this tornado.

I live in Bedford, Texas between Dallas and Fort worth. It got pretty dicey for awhile with a tornado to the north, one to the east and another south of us at one point so we hunkered down in a bathroom for a little whiler but we managed to dodge the worse somehow.The Red cross has set up shelters all aver the areas to deal with those who were devastated, some losing everything, and we will most certainly get financial aid.What makes me saddest is the old people who lose their homes or property when disaster happens.

I live in Bedford, Texas between Dallas and Fort worth. It got pretty dicey for awhile with a tornado to the north, one to the east and another south of us at one point so we hunkered down in a bathroom for a little whiler but we managed to dodge the worse somehow.The Red cross has set up shelters all aver the areas to deal with those who were devastated, some losing everything, and we will most certainly get financial aid.What makes me saddest is the old people who lose their homes or property when disaster happens.

I'm so glad you're ok. I agree able the elderly.

My family that lives in the Abilene area had a hail storm. I hope everyone's okay. Perhaps this should be moved to Chatter?

Bumping this to add that no one died and IMO we have the excellent newscasters and meteorologists in the area to thank for that. Fundies take note, science saved some lives!

I have a friend who works for the ARC in Phoenix. She said they were in contact with the people at the Dallas HQ of ARC and those people were watching the storm from their storm shelter. As soon as the weather was good enough for travel the trucks went out to the neighborhoods that were destroyed and started to help people. They do help a lot of people and for the most part are volunteers.

So when can we expect teh manly menz of Braderick.org :lol: to swing into action and help everyone all the good white christian folk out?

Archived