IGNORED

What bugs you about the Duggars

homeschoolmomma1

Back to the very first comment, I'm okay with redoing chapters until you get it right. Isn't that one of the advantages of homeschooling, that you can teach at your child's pace and make sure he or she masters the material before moving on?

Obviously the SOTDRT can't be compared to real homeschooling, but I don't think the Duggars are actually redoing chapters until they master the material. That would require someone to actually be teaching them, assessing their work, and helping them review. I'm pretty sure their method of redoing things they didn't get right consists of reading a chapter on the computer and redoing the quiz over and over until they pass it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The singy songy voice of Michelle's especially when she's "homeschooling" and has the kids repeat after her "can you say per-pen-dicular".

Does Josh's voice bother anyone else? It may just be the fact that I'm familiar with his smuggarness but anytime I hear his voice I just get icked out

The "Modestwear" swim suits and the crusty boys' wetsuits. Don't know exactly why they bug me, but they do. Perhaps the fact that they can be just as modest with a long pair of shorts and a swimshirt and NOT attract as much attention "Hey look at me! I'm so MODEST!" How on earth can they learn to swim in those things. I did notice Josh wore shorts and a t-shirt when on the beach in Florida. I hope the Duggars got a BIG payback for promoting Modestwear on their show.

Obviously the SOTDRT can't be compared to real homeschooling, but I don't think the Duggars are actually redoing chapters until they master the material. That would require someone to actually be teaching them, assessing their work, and helping them review. I'm pretty sure their method of redoing things they didn't get right consists of reading a chapter on the computer and redoing the quiz over and over until they pass it.

I figured as much (don't watch the show, I have a low tolerance for that sort of thing), but I wasn't sure if the OP made a distinction between their redoing and normal, sane homeschoolers (or not homeschoolers!) redoing things.

The way they go on about so many possibilities and yet no one ever does anything.

'Maybe Josh will be a lawyer!'

'Maybe one of our girls will court soon!'

'Maybe Jill will go to midwifery school!'

Yeah, of course they will, right after you piss off out of your children's lives.

That they pimp their kids out. Fame WHORES. Also that they lie about so many things regarding thier life, too many to list.

The fact that they're willfully keeping their kids inexperienced and uneducated. If exposure to other people and ideas is enough to shatter their Christian faith, then it wasn't terribly robust to begin with.

Not only will the girls be unable to support themselves, I doubt like hell that the boys will either.

The fact that they're willfully keeping their kids inexperienced and uneducated. If exposure to other people and ideas is enough to shatter their Christian faith, then it wasn't terribly robust to begin with.

Not only will the girls be unable to support themselves, I doubt like hell that the boys will either.

They seem to be instituting a caste system within the families, kind of like the primogeniture practiced by some European aristocracies.

The oldest sons get businesses set up for them, but the younger sons have recently said in a few places that their ambitions are to work for Josh and John David. It seems like they were talking about long term goals rather than a way to earn teenage pocket money.

So the older boys get financial support from their family to establish themselves, then it seems they in turn are meant to support their younger brothers by offering them employment. But there is no way that the boys who end up as employees are going to end up with the income that the boys who are the purported owners will get.

Yet they are all meant to be able to support stay at home wives and mega families.

I can see in the future Josh living in the TTH, "overseeing" the family businesses. John David overseeing the maintenance side of the businesses. Joseph and Josiah being onsite managers. And all the howlers working for minimum wage or on commission selling and towing cars and maintaining rental properties.

The inequities between all their eventual families will surely create tension and resentment.

Also, it surprises me that they haven't pushed one of the boys towards learning some book keeping skills. Unlike actual accountancy, book keeping courses can be taken without any prior education (at least that's the case in Australia) and I would imagine it would be a skill that they would want within their self contained family business system.

The "Modestwear" swim suits and the crusty boys' wetsuits. Don't know exactly why they bug me, but they do. Perhaps the fact that they can be just as modest with a long pair of shorts and a swimshirt and NOT attract as much attention "Hey look at me! I'm so MODEST!" How on earth can they learn to swim in those things. I did notice Josh wore shorts and a t-shirt when on the beach in Florida. I hope the Duggars got a BIG payback for promoting Modestwear on their show.

It makes me chuckle to know that about the only other market for these things (ultra-modest swimwear) is to Muslims. The horror!

Okay I know I did a whole thread on the videos but I am just so frustrated tonight after hearing that the frame kits they used for the house were not actually 2 kits as they say but 3 because they said something to the company that something wasn't working and they gave them a all new kit free. that is why their house has the girls room side. I don't know but they are always changing their stories

Declining Opera's offer to pay for everyone's college education.

Wait, that actually happened? I thought that was a joke. How did they manage to get away with actually denying college money?

Does Josh's voice bother anyone else? It may just be the fact that I'm familiar with his smuggarness but anytime I hear his voice I just get icked out

No, it bugs the heck out of me too.

Wait, that actually happened? I thought that was a joke. How did they manage to get away with actually denying college money?

YES it did. I remember watching the Oprah show. I'm looking for you tube video but 100% sure it happened and was on tv. It was my "these people are crazy moment" .

YES it did. I remember watching the Oprah show. I'm looking for you tube video but 100% sure it happened and was on tv. It was my "these people are crazy moment" .

Really? I'd always heard that JimBob didn't allow it to air. I would love to see it if anyone hunts it down.

Really? I'd always heard that JimBob didn't allow it to air. I would love to see it if anyone hunts it down.

I can't understand how they'd be able to make that work..... How could they turn it down without ruining their reputation? They've already shown that they have no problem taking handouts so they can't pass it off that way.

I just watched Run, Duggars Run. They were so stupidly selfish throughout. It was a voluntary run for children and they showed up late and made a big joke about 'Duggar Time' and then turned up in jeans and denim skirts and then made a big speech about modesty when they were told they weren't appropriate to run in. I thought modesty was about not drawing attention to yourself. They made the whole thing about how they were attracting attention to themselves by looking so different (ie stupid). I guess the idea of wearing sportswear which is also modest didn't occur to them. Then everyone praised Jim Bob for managing to run a mile and wear himself out after he'd admitted to not having run for twenty years and not warming up. He didn't bother to do any kind of training and then proudly said that he had two cups of coffee that morning, instead of maybe drinking some water to hydrate himself. What got me the most were all the comments under the video saying about how wonderful the Duggars were and how selfless they were. Did they watch the same video?

I can't understand how they'd be able to make that work..... How could they turn it down without ruining their reputation? They've already shown that they have no problem taking handouts so they can't pass it off that way.

I think maybe moronBoob turned it down because he and Mullet don't really value college educations that much. I do agree if they had accepted Oprah's offer it wouldn't have hurt their reputation at all. A lot of people have known for a long time that the Duggars have gotten handouts from the church they used to attend and from people who live near them.

I watched Duggars on Stage just now. None of them understood the concept of acting or imagination and poor Jennifer was terrified when JB wore a fake beard, but when they saw it frightened her they all laughed and he picked her up until she was on the floor crying her eyes out, and then they made her be in the play. Someone underneath said she was a horrible toddler who cried all the time. Maybe she cries all the time because her family like scaring her or ignoring her. It made my blood boil!

Guest Anonymous

They seem to be instituting a caste system within the families, kind of like the primogeniture practiced by some European aristocracies.

The oldest sons get businesses set up for them, but the younger sons have recently said in a few places that their ambitions are to work for Josh and John David. It seems like they were talking about long term goals rather than a way to earn teenage pocket money.

So the older boys get financial support from their family to establish themselves, then it seems they in turn are meant to support their younger brothers by offering them employment. But there is no way that the boys who end up as employees are going to end up with the income that the boys who are the purported owners will get.

Yet they are all meant to be able to support stay at home wives and mega families.

I can see in the future Josh living in the TTH, "overseeing" the family businesses. John David overseeing the maintenance side of the businesses. Joseph and Josiah being onsite managers. And all the howlers working for minimum wage or on commission selling and towing cars and maintaining rental properties.

The inequities between all their eventual families will surely create tension and resentment.

I also have to wonder what will happen to these kids when they reach their 60s. If the girls never get to work in paid employment, and the boys run or work for various crappy "home businesses" they won't be able to collect social security. They won't have accumulated the necessary 10 years or 40 quarters' worth of creditable participation. Thanks to Boob and Milk Dud, their only hope will be marriage to someone who DOES have the necessary years of service.

I watched Duggars on Stage just now. None of them understood the concept of acting or imagination and poor Jennifer was terrified when JB wore a fake beard, but when they saw it frightened her they all laughed and he picked her up until she was on the floor crying her eyes out, and then they made her be in the play. Someone underneath said she was a horrible toddler who cried all the time. Maybe she cries all the time because her family like scaring her or ignoring her. It made my blood boil!

Holy shit, someone ACTUALLY wrote that? Newsflash, commentator: toddlers cry when someone who looks unfamiliar picks them up. Because Blob was wearing the beard, she thought he was a stranger. I can't even excuse that on the PR machine.

I think maybe moronBoob turned it down because he and Mullet don't really value college educations that much. I do agree if they had accepted Oprah's offer it wouldn't have hurt their reputation at all. A lot of people have known for a long time that the Duggars have gotten handouts from the church they used to attend and from people who live near them.

If they've publicly turned down an opportunity for their children to get a college education, why do people still think they're so great? I just don't get how dumb people are.

If they've publicly turned down an opportunity for their children to get a college education, why do people still think they're so great? I just don't get how dumb people are.

Some of the Duggar lovers are morons. They know about the handouts the Duggars have gotten through the years and they still "claim that the Duggars completely support their kids." The Duggars have never completely supported their family on their own. I have seen Duggar fans say that the Duggars "have managed money well and they don't have debts like some smaller families do." I know families with 2 or 3 kids that do have debts from buying homes or education debts. These families don't get handouts from their church or people in their towns like the Duggars did years ago. Boob and Mullet aren't any better than a couple with 2 kids who are paying off debts.

Archived