IGNORED

What bugs you about the Duggars

homeschoolmomma1

Okay I know we can continue to add to this list but I thought it would be interesting to see the list.

* The way they homeschool- there is no organization

*They are never at home to 'home'school.I personally think this who election thing is a waste of time and resources

* They think that you can just redo something if you get it wrong. Although not always a bad thing but let's be realistic. Were we all allowed to redue chapters and tests throughout school? at work? I wonder how much they redue with their schoolwork? do they redue tests?

*Duggar Time

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that they can't ever DISCUSS their beliefs,(or much else), but instead just give reflexive non-answer to everything.

Oh, and their way of raising, er, training, kids is abusive on SO many levels.

The fact that their science education is limited to teaching them complete bullshit and having them back it up with soundbites they don't understand. Sorry, I'm still angry about the science thread.

They won't let any of the girls have an education beyond high school, or go to a real college.

I think Jill was doing College Minus, but I don't think the others are. I think Jill is the exception, because the Duggars need someone who will support them through 20+ pregnancies/births without bitching at them to use a damn condom, and Michelle is fully aware she can't teach Jill everything. At least for regular K-12 homeschooling she brings in tutors for the music lessons. Or at least she used to.

The others? Well, they can either go work for Gothard like Jana, become a photographer like Jinger, or be a Mommy like they're supposed to.

I hate the way so many people are sucked in by the Wholesome Christian Family bullshit.

I hate how restricted the kids' lives are when both their parents had pretty normal lives until J'Caleb - and clearly JB and Michelle's previous experiences don't make them less 'Godly' now.

I hate how they treat the 'odd' kids like Josiah and Joy.

Other than outings specifically for the show, all the children seem very isolated from the rest of society.

The fact that they can't ever DISCUSS their beliefs,(or much else), but instead just give reflexive non-answer to everything.

Oh, and their way of raising, er, training, kids is abusive on SO many levels.

Yeah, definately these! They talk about how "children are a blessing" and yet I'd love to see them reverse that - are THEY a "blessing" to their children? They've got so many frieking kids they have to sign up to have one-on-one time with their parents. WTF?

OT: Great thread to be my first post. Duggars are by far my favorite fundies :D

The complete lack of critical thinking. I have plenty of negative things to say about Kody Brown, but his kids are allowed to think for themselves, question things, and to join mainstream society. Madison has said she will not be a sister wife. One of the Duggar girls would never be able to do that.

How they lie about things like it never happened.

How they only worry about themselves and what can be done for them. Nevermind asking/begging for a discount is taking food out of another man's children's mouths but can he give them a discount because they are a huge family?

Disrespect for others by not being on time, not respecting others beliefs, wants, desires, feelings and not respecting our planet.

Stealing their children's childhood away from them.

Something I can't stand and has and will end friendships is liars, cheats and thieves. The Duggars are just that, liars cheats and thieves.

What bugs me is they don't want the best for their children. They don't give their children a good education. They keep them sheltered. Michelle doesn't take care of her children. They think they are better than everyone else. They are hypocrites.

Duggar time. It's the most arrogant and self-absorbed trait that they can have. It's not just that they chronically keep everyone waiting for them to deign to show up; it's also how they joke and laugh and act like it's no big deal to waste everyone else's time.

I hate how they deny their kids the choices and chances that they had. It makes me mad hearing them go on about science, proving that they don't understand what they're talking about, and therefore don't think that their kids could benefit. If an adult wants to live life like they do, it's fine by me, but I can't get behind wilfully denying your kids the knowledge and skills they may need if they leave the bubble and go in the world. They're setting their kids up for failure if they ever leave, because they don't seem to know how to engage with their world, criticisms and the realization their opinion is not the only valid one. Personally, I consider that a form of "benevolent" neglect.

I homeschool so I 'understand' some of the homeschool theory but you STILL NEED TO EDUCATE YOUR KIDS.. and the PARENTS need to do the educating.

Going to ONE political rally is ok as a learning field trip. Taking 6 months to tail a campaign is NOT ok.

Having kids who are interested in building is great, get them to a lego club, taking a year off to build a friggin house is NOT OK.

Where are all the 'toys'. You have 19 kids, why don't we ever see TOYS. Where are the Legos, the Little Tikes Climbers, the dolls, the hotwheels, the Tonka Trucks, Fisher Price little people play sets, horse stuff, dinosaurs, WTF are all the toys. Do not bull shit me and tell me all the kids need is a fooseball table and a pool table and that dumbass in door slide.

Plus where are Josie's OT/PT 'toys'. She should have stuff coming out your ass. That child needs more than pedisure and O2 Tubes. She should have 'special' blocks, soft climbing toys, etc. Any ot/pt website will show you what is needed.

Does anyone remember all the toys the Gosselins had or the family with 6 kids in Indiana? It looked like a friggin Toys R Us blew up in there.

The science shit, you can not teach anything with ignoring science. How can do you physics with out 'science'. How old are the Egyptian Pyramids, how did those get build with out machines? How can you explore that with out google? With out a library card?

Math, shit you can't really understand math if you disregard science. (they needed math to build those pyramids)

They are just fucked.

What bugs me is they don't want the best for their children. They don't give their children a good education. They keep them sheltered. Michelle doesn't take care of her children. They think they are better than everyone else. They are hypocrites.

Yes! It would be one thing if they were only horribly abusive but on top of that they think they are model parents. It's infuriating.

They talk about each child being a unique creation, and yet in reality the kids are permitted only what Gothard has approved (midwife, mom, etc). Anything outside that box is ungodly or rebelious. It's pathetic!

They have no problem using (and *gasp* even praising) females when it's convenient for them even while preventing their daughters from going to a real, accredited nursing school or even just a liberal arts college. Dr. Sarver is female, as were plenty of people who took care of Josie while in the NICU, and yet they allow their own daughters only to fit within the gothard-approved box!

My biggest disappointment with the Duggars is that follow Gothard brainlessly. I think most of the rest of the problems proceed from there. The wasted potential, the lack of adequate education, the hamstrung lives, etc. all comes back to following a self-serving egotist.

Lack of education - what the kids 'know' a lot of it is spewing. They repeat what they are taught to say.

The fact that they have many people thinking they are nice and sweet and oh I'm mourning my miscarried baby...not milking that poor baby's death for everything they can.

That people think because they are super nice their cult is less bad. If a super nice Neo-Nazi got a TV show would it be cool?

How messed up their kids will be.

I am not sure there is enough time in the day to list all that bugs me about the Duggars. I think the easier question is what doesn't bug you about the Duggars. The list would be much shorter.

The hypocrisy is what bugs me the most. "We homeschool!" No, you don't. "Michelle homeschools!" No, she doesn't. "Michelle is mother of the year!" Michelle does nothing. "We love science!" No, you don't. "Our daughters choose to stay at home!" No, they don't. The list could go on and on and on. They are horrible, lying sacks of shit.

* Duggar time

* Poor excuse for "homeschoolers"

* Evasiveness when asked anything out of their box

* Michelle's utter lack of parenting and total self-absorbedness

Their complete lack of respect for anything or anyone else. Global warming? Feh! We'll keep on using disposable everything for every single meal even though we have an industrial dishwasher that can do a whole load in minutes! Appointment at 9.30? Cool, we'll start getting 21 people ready to go at 9.15. They can wait for us! After all, we're the DUGGARS.

Their dishonesty: IE, saying in one interview that they're quiverfull then in another interview several years later, claiming they've never been a part of it and instead "We've heard of it". Right. That's like Romney saying "I've heard of Mormonism". John posing with guns? "Oh, he was going hunting. We love squirrel soup!" Give me a break. Just say "He was going to the shooting range and one of the girls made him do a silly pose for a picture and it got a little out of hand". Just be HONEST.

That they think they can tell everyone else how to live their life. If they believe that birth control isn't for them, cool. Don't tell me that I can't use birth control because it'll "cause abortion" or "give me cancer". Don't tell my friends who have been trying for almost 20 years now to have just one child that they just aren't praying enough, either.

That Michelle gets praise for beign such a "great mom". She births them, nurses them, then passes them off. That's not a mother. How could anyone who uses the Pearls' method of 'training', gives her children a pathetic excuse for an education, sees nothing wrong with taking a micropremie around the world on a trip, and generally just ignores her kids and can't say anything more than a vague "This one's very busy" or "This one likes to talk" about their personality, etc. be seen as a great mom?

All of the above, +

Michelle's creepy baby voice

The empty eyes on most of them

Their mindless defenders/the influence they have on the public who don't see beneath the surface

I hate the way so many people are sucked in by the Wholesome Christian Family bullshit.

I hate how restricted the kids' lives are when both their parents had pretty normal lives until J'Caleb - and clearly JB and Michelle's previous experiences don't make them less 'Godly' now.

I hate how they treat the 'odd' kids like Josiah and Joy.

This.

I don't care about how they choose to live. One of the consequences of having choices is that you can make the wrong choice, or simply a choice that is not to another person's taste. None of my nevermind if their choices only affected JB, Michelle, and their offspring.

What drives me APESHIT about them is that they are actively part of a movement trying to impose their choices on the rest of society. And that they do this in the name of Christianity. A 2000 year old religious tradition they have made over in Gothard's image in the last 30 years. That does not merely "bug" me.

Archived