IGNORED

What 25 websites can the Duggars see?

Daenerys

didnt michelle say recently that jill was allowed to surf youtube?

also we know the girls have access to instagram on their phones.... or they used to.

How do you allow/not allow an adult to do something??

Im so confused.. or maybe Im just an ADULT who would go get her own damn phone, and her own job, her own apartment and some PANTS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can someone PLEASE explain this

http://www.conservapedia.com/Rape

Rape is the crime of forcing a person into sexual intercourse against their will. Statutory rape is the crime of coercing a child[1] (see age of consent).

United States government reports define the term "rape" very broadly to include even a threat of rape without any physical contact

Christian apologist Kyle Butt wrote: "In fact, in my debate with Dan Barker, Barker admitted that fact, and stated that under certain circumstances, rape would be a moral obligation (Butt and Barker, 2009)"[5] (see: Atheist Dan Barker Says Child Rape Could Be Moral).

"Previous sexual experience with a partner weakens mutual commitment in marriage and creates an unstable foundation for the conjugal relationship."

[citation needed]

These people seem to have a different definition of "trustworthy encyclopedia" from mine.

I would bet that they block the sites of fellow fundies. I doubt Jim Bob and Michelle want the girls to go to a site where someone had put up all the details of their courtship. It's one thing to know that someone like the Bates boy is courting, it's another to see pictures or read about his adventures with his intended. It might give the girls ideas that that they should be doing the same thing. Seeing something can make you want something more than just knowing it exists. Or why would they want the kids to read about Erin taking a real college class. It may be at a crappy school but it is still a real classroom with other non-family members in it. Can't have the Duggar kids get ideas in their heads.

i kind of doubt they have access to only twenty five sites. even if they managed to pull that off with the phones as well as the computer they still have friends. we know joy uses her friend elizabeths phone to take pictures and post on instagram. how do we kow she doesnt use it for google too? i could see joy wanting to look something up so she borrows her friends phone to do it.

I don't get why one would have to block everything their teenage kids do if they feel they did a good job raising them? If you truly believe you raised them to be good biblical people why would you censor them so much? Insecurity issues.....

Are they counting all of the sites that are linked to from their family website? In that case duggarfamilydotcom = the whole wide internet.

I've been wondering about this too! I can't even imagine. What's the point in having the internet?

How many of them have iPhones now? Surely they can't restrict the web on them down to the few approved sites.

There are apps that block sites but that seems to be a lot of work to program for all those iPhones. I can't see Jim Bob or Jichelle putting in that much effort. Maybe one of the sister moms does it?

I don't get why one would have to block everything their teenage kids do if they feel they did a good job raising them? If you truly believe you raised them to be good biblical people why would you censor them so much? Insecurity issues.....

:clap: Thank you! When my dad was helping upgrade my computer (I was around 13 or 14, I think) he told me he wasn't going to put the parental locks back on because he trusted me not to go to any bad sites. The locks were only on before to protect my siblings and I when we were younger in case we accidentally got onto a page we didn't mean to.

According to JB this is how many they are allowed access to... what are they likely to be?

1. MAKAZIVILLE :lol:

spreadingsantorum.com

:whistle:

Conservapedia... Ya know for school research and stuff. So they can get their edukayshun!

There was an IAMA on Reddit quite a while ago done by a guy who wrote for Conservapedia. He was a hardcore anti-theist. I thought it was hilarious.

They are allowed to visit any site that they wish but it's in their hearts to only view sites their family would approve of. They all decided this together.

They are allowed to visit any site that they wish but it's in their hearts to only view sites their family would approve of. They all decided this together.

I wonder how they feel about fetlife...since there is a christian domestic discipline group on there and all..

Conservapedia is even worse than Wikipedia! From the home page:

A strong turnout of 35% of registered voters is expected for today's key primary in Wisconsin.

In what world is one third of voters a strong turnout?

Thanks for telling us about conservapedia. My husband and I are having some laughs looking up some "new facts". I just looked at liberal. They list 2 famous liberals: Margaret Sanger and John Wayne Gacy! odd choices?

Whoever runs the site seems to spend alot of time writing about bestiality?

Conservapedia was started by Andrew Schlafley, son of outspoken anti-feminist and anti-ERA activist Phyllis Schlafley. Second generation extreme conservatism. His older brother, John, was outed as gay by a magazine in the 90s -- that must be a charming family dinner table at Thanksgiving!

http://www.conservapedia.com/Special:Statistics

Take a look at this page - scroll down to the list of most viewed pages:

Main Page 12,548,430

Atheism 5,257,839

Homosexual Agenda 3,794,777

Mental Health and Homosexuality 3,794,139

Arguments Against Homosexuality 3,792,533

New Testament and homosexuality 3,791,907

Ex-homosexuals 3,791,300

Debate:Why are there so few homosexual athletes 3,434,823

Homosexual intimidation 3,316,286

Failure of Experiments to Show Genetic Determinism For Homosexuality 3,315,892

If you're perusing conservapedia for the laffs, don't forget to check out their list of songs with "conservative values". Quite a few of them actually mean the complete opposite of what they claim they mean, and the rest are just reaching.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Special:Statistics

Take a look at this page - scroll down to the list of most viewed pages:

Main Page 12,548,430

Atheism 5,257,839

Homosexual Agenda 3,794,777

Mental Health and Homosexuality 3,794,139

Arguments Against Homosexuality 3,792,533

New Testament and homosexuality 3,791,907

Ex-homosexuals 3,791,300

Debate:Why are there so few homosexual athletes 3,434,823

Homosexual intimidation 3,316,286

Failure of Experiments to Show Genetic Determinism For Homosexuality 3,315,892

Why is that completely unsurprising?

Conservapedia has been taken over by trolls; in fact a lot of the editors/moderators turned out to be trolls and got kicked out a while ago.

From the "greatest conservative TV shows" list":

The Office: mockery of liberal ideology and political correctness in an office setting, without a liberal laugh track. The main character repeatedly encounters contradictions and absurdities as he tries to conform to liberal expectations. The show was most popular when its humor was conservative, and has declined in quality and popularity as its conservative humor has been diluted. Steve Carell played the main character for 6 years and was denied an Emmy by liberals every time, despite being by far the funniest actor on television.

For a while, we watched reruns of The Office at dinnertime. Every single time, my 84 year old, super conservative father would say "he's a horse's you know what" (that's an exact quote) whenever Michael would do something stupid. But conservative? Like when Pam was living with her fiance? When Jan went to a sperm bank to conceive, with the intention of being a single mother? "I'm not an alcoholic!" Meredith? Not to mention all kinds of creepy Creed? Where's the conservative there?

That's my reaction every time I wander over there too. The crap they come up with is insane.

I just went there, and LOL'd. The very first link I clicked on was "homosexual agenda," which linked to a Wikipedia article that disparaged the very idea of a homosexual agenda. Way to rock your conservatism, Andrew Schlafly!

ETA that the list of "conservative" songs seems to be a list of ones the writer likes, so he's bending their lyrics to make them mean what he wants them to. "RESPECT"--about the "conservative" value of respect for women? Come on, now!

-The Duggar's own website

-Fox News

-VIsion Forum

-This conservapedia ridiculousness

-College Minus?

-Rick Santorum's campaign page

-What about Weather Channel, or is the 36-hour forecast considered to be defrauding?

-What about Weather Channel, or is the 36-hour forecast considered to be defrauding?

You never know what those promiscuous weather women might be wearing. :roll:

Archived