IGNORED

Watching your sisters NOT get married

Daenerys

I keep thinking about some of the younger fundy girls, like Mary Maxwell. She is looking at her future in her sister, who at 30 is still unmarried and forced to 'serve' Daddy at home. Now, Sarah might have grown up in the same crazy household, but as the eldest there was always that 'hope' for her future; at some point, she thought, Daddy would allow her to leave and get married. Mary is simultaneously being raised under the idea of being a future helpmeet and seeing in her older sister the reality that Daddy might not let her go, and how miserable her life will be if he doesn't. God, it makes me depressed just to think about it!

Well, Mary is only 15 and Stevie is 60. When she is 30, he will be 75 (if he is still around). Hopefully, by then he will be in touch with his own mortality and more willing to let at least Mary go.

Well, Mary is only 15 and Stevie is 60. When she is 30, he will be 75 (if he is still around). Hopefully, by then he will be in touch with his own mortality and more willing to let at least Mary go.

I don't think Steve Maxwell can BE any more conscious of his own mortality. Dude seems to revel in it.

I'm guessing Anna will get married off young, maybe to that ginger kid that's been hanging about. That will restore Steve's legitimacy as Patriarch and injure Sarah's self-esteem enough so that she'll be even less likely to leave all in one fell swoop.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I see Anna married to John Marie within a few years. They will probably establish business links with him first, via John and Joseph, and then send Anna off to be his helpmeet soon after.

My only hope for Sarah is that Grandma and Grandpa will need a live-in help a some point, which will align her more closely with Grandma and Aunt Tami, in the event that she should ever choose to leave home.

But really, her chances of leaving the compound are slim. If either Chris or Nathan has a special needs child, they will 'need' a live-in nanny and Sarah the Author could be turned into Sarah-the-chief-cook-and-bottle-washer before she has had time to say "Maxwell Moody"....

He'll need a LOT more help then.

Archived