IGNORED

Any Update on Priscilla Bittner?

NurseNell

We discussed Priscilla Bittner a few months ago when someone here accidently learned she was in prison in New York state for alleged sexual abuse. She still had a Facebook page at that time but it is gone now. Her sister Jacqueline's blog went private. I didn't find any updated news stories via google. Does anyone have any updated information?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she's still in jail, not prison, still awaiting sentencing. I imagine some sort of psychological evaluations will come into play and possibly a plea deal to reduce her sentence. Depends on how much her family is involved and/or wants to support her. That's just my guess.

I think she's still in jail, not prison, still awaiting sentencing. I imagine some sort of psychological evaluations will come into play and possibly a plea deal to reduce her sentence. Depends on how much her family is involved and/or wants to support her. That's just my guess.

In January she showed up when I did a search of New York state inmates, now she doesn't. I couldn't find any updated stories. I feel really bad for her, it doesn't seem like her family was supporting her in any way.

She's listed in the county system to which she was extradited. I don't know why I'm being all cagey - this happened in my hometown and she's just downtown. The story seemed weird when I read it in the paper, and I was amazed when I saw it on here this morning. It would probably be weird to go visit her, right? Yeah...just checking.

Anyway, you can look her up here:

ongov.net/sheriff/ongov/lookup.html

She's listed in the county system to which she was extradited. I don't know why I'm being all cagey - this happened in my hometown and she's just downtown. The story seemed weird when I read it in the paper, and I was amazed when I saw it on here this morning. It would probably be weird to go visit her, right? Yeah...just checking.

Anyway, you can look her up here:

ongov.net/sheriff/ongov/lookup.html

Thanks. I feel bad for her that she's still in jail. I see her birthday was in February. I wonder if anyone in her family visited her. I don't know if she's guilty or not but I see her as a victim too of patriarchal religion, and her family seems to be treating her as if she doesn't exist.

Blimey, she's in a maximum security facility too. I can't imagine what a culture shock that must be for her.

Blimey, she's in a maximum security facility too. I can't imagine what a culture shock that must be for her.

Actually, she's in the Onondoga County jail, which is not a maximum security facility, more like medium. Also, she has not been convicted of anything, it looks like she is still in jail because she couldn't make a $50000 bail bond.

I was surprised to find out our county lock-up is classified as a maximum security facility, but in fact, it is. It's an austere place, and I'm guessing it is rather upsetting for many of the girls who are there.

• 1 month later...

She was indicted by a grand jury earlier this month. There must be some truly serious evidence against her for all of the charges. She's looking at some serious time. She obviously wasn't offered a plea deal or chose not to take one. Either way, I think she's going to wind up in prison for a very long time.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/ ... ted_o.html

Who is she? I read the news articles, but why was she discussed. She's from a fundie family?

I'm struggling to try and get my head around the allegations. It's so unusual for a teenager and female to do something like that, and very odd. Are there any theories?

Who is she? I read the news articles, but why was she discussed. She's from a fundie family?

I'm struggling to try and get my head around the allegations. It's so unusual for a teenager and female to do something like that, and very odd. Are there any theories?

If I remember correctly, she was from either a fundie family or a fundie lite family. After being raped, she started acting out so her family sent her to a Christian run facility where she was abused further. At some point, she ran away from home.

The allegations are terrible and, if true, she deserves whatever punishment she gets but I wish that their religion hadn't kept her parents from seeking qualified therapists.

Oh yes, I just found an old thread. This whole thing is so disturbing I don't think I'll read about it any more.

I think the fact that she was arrested back in December and only indicted a few week ago means that they probably spent their time building a rather strong case against her. The charges she was indicted for by the Grand Jury are the same she was arrested for which means she didn't either didn't try to plea bargain or any plea she tried to submit was denied. I'm no expert on the law but it seems to me they must have a strong case. At least 2 of her charges are Class A felonies and for those alone she's looking at 30 years. It seems like she's going to be spending a very long time in prison.

• 3 months later...
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/08/woman_admits_using_two_childre.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ She is guilty! Her family how ever lied about a lot to get the spot light off them.

I actually think that the sentence was fair. I hope that while in jail she saw a therapist to help her with everything from her past.

Wow, I'd been wondering what had happened to her. I hope she is going to get some proper help.

Did notice something in the comments though, somebody had linked to 'Miss' Raquel's blog. I presume Raquel knows them and at one point spoke about them on her blog, though that entry has now gone. Trouble is, this wont bode well for Raquel as people might think that the picture of Raquel is actually a picture of Priscilla. I can't stand Raquel, but I would not like to see her dragged into this.

Bittner will be returning to live with family in Fort Lee, Va., where she will be under probation supervision, Felasco said.

I don't think sending her back to her family is the best idea in the world. I almost think she would be better off in a half-way house or some type of residential treatment.

I don't think sending her back to her family is the best idea in the world. I almost think she would be better off in a half-way house or some type of residential treatment.

I agree. Her family hasn't been able to face reality and admit their role in how Priscilla became the person she is. Just pray and all will be fine. They threw her under the bus and didn't stand by her. They were embarrassed and wanted it all to just go away. I still have to wonder what was going on behind closed doors in the Bittner home. That brother who's in the military academy (Air Force?) gives me the heebie jeebies.

Is she going to be back with her parents? That would be bad. I hope it is some other family member that can get her into therapy and such. Priscilla has a long road ahead of her, I hope that it goes well.

Yes, Back with her family she GOES! They all were in court and I was there with the victims family! They were smirking like they got away with yet another thing! We feel bad for Priscilla as your right her parents lying to cover her tracks so they don't look bad hasn't helped her at all! Pixie dust how can that sentence be fair when you have NO clue the things she did to the people and the trouble her family has LIED and covered up for her that is only enabling her MORE! Also, They even lied trying to say the family did it to frame her ! Little did they know that the family was smart and expected that and they WILLINGLY handed over all of the electronic devices and Priscilla's was the only one that had stuff on it!

Yes, Back with her family she GOES! They all were in court and I was there with the victims family! They were smirking like they got away with yet another thing! We feel bad for Priscilla as your right her parents lying to cover her tracks so they don't look bad hasn't helped her at all! Pixie dust how can that sentence be fair when you have NO clue the things she did to the people and the trouble her family has LIED and covered up for her that is only enabling her MORE! Also, They even lied trying to say the family did it to frame her ! Little did they know that the family was smart and expected that and they WILLINGLY handed over all of the electronic devices and Priscilla's was the only one that had stuff on it!

Hmmm, how should I saw this? Bite me, troll. I can say whatever I damn well want to. I can have whatever opinion that I want. Priscilla has been a victim time and time again, and the girl needs help, lots of it. Throwing her in jail to rot will not help anyone.

Don't come in here, piss all over the carpet, and call me out. Go bother some other board.

Yes, Pixie you have a right to your point of view! just as I do mine and everyone else I am just saying that her family lying and covering up to hide things isn't making it better for her! Sorry if you took things wrong! I agree she needs help! But her family was slandering the family saying they set her up and put them through a lot too. I mean who knows how many people got to see those pictures??

Archived