IGNORED

What's become of Sister Suze?

missbrooklyn

She seems to have dropped off the radar. I know she seems to have cancelled her marriage. Have we heard anything about her recently? I pray that she hasn't purposed to return to her parents and The Way. Ew, sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

And since I can't figure out how to edit my last post, let me add that her facebook account also has mysteriously disappeared. Uh oh.

Yes, I just noticed her Facebook page is gone. I hope she hasn't returned to the dark side.

I looked for her on her sister's FB and she's no longer listed as a friend. I hope she's okay and didn't get sucked back into the cult life.

I looked for her on her sister's FB and she's no longer listed as a friend. I hope she's okay and didn't get sucked back into the cult life.

If she closed her facebook account then she would no longer be listed as a friend on anyone's page- it doesn't necessarily mean she un-friended her sister.

I also hope she wasn't sucked back into the cult. Maybe she just wanted some privacy after cancelling the wedding.

yeah can't find nick woodard on facebook anymore either!

No idea what is going on there... really hope she hasn't been brought back to the cult. Or they haven't tried to indoctrine them both!

I have a friend that was recently engaged and posted it on FB. I noticed a week or so later she no longer had FB and neither did her fiance? I am still so confused. She doesn't live near me but we talk every so often and are friends so I know she wouldn't have deleted me (plus both she and him don't show up on anyone's friends lists and I even signed on my husband's name to see if she showed up and she didn't, so it seems like they deleted their profiles.) I wonder if they're like Suze and called off the wedding and deleted their FB's to avoid the awkwardness of it.

Suze is a strong, smart young woman. She walked away from her nutty family and thrived. I am so hoping she makes it!

Maybe Suze' had her FB profile temporarily deactivated because of the breakup. Some of my friends have deactivated their FB profiles for different reasons. One friend deactivated hers for Lent and I have another friend who deactivates here and there because she works as a model in LA and Las Vegas. She does her deactivations while on modeling assignments for security issues. My boyfriend has a boyfriend who deactivated his FB while he was going through basic training in the Army. Suze could have decided deactivate to maybe get over Nick. Maybe Nick did the same or permanently deleted his.

I hope Suze doesn't go back to the fundie lifestyle. I hope she is still staying with Rebekah in Texas. She earned a baking certificate and has been getting some job experience.

She may have just made her profile completely private and unsearchable.

If she closed her facebook account then she would no longer be listed as a friend on anyone's page- it doesn't necessarily mean she un-friended her sister.

I also hope she wasn't sucked back into the cult. Maybe she just wanted some privacy after cancelling the wedding.

That's what I meant. I didn't mean to imply she had un-friended her sister, quite the opposite. Her sister would be the last person she would un-friend, leading me to believe she's shut down altogether. Just checked my own friend list and got a message that the account has indeed been deactivated. :(

In this case, I just don't see her going back to the cult. I sort of wonder though if she was getting threats and pressure from her own family to at least draw less attention to her "rebellion". It must look really bad for her parents and the movement in general and I could see them trying to hush the whole thing even they can't get her back.

My guess is for privacy and embarrassment reasons. All her older siblings had only one person whom they fell in love with and married; if anything, she probably wanted the same thing and when she realized it was all over, she probably felt embarrassed by it. This girl fell hard for Nick so to have it all taken away, especially after bridal shopping would be embarrassing for any girl who is put in that position.

I feel bad for her, I honestly do. She seemed perfectly okay at Priscilla's wedding but then a weeks later, they broke up. My guess is that Nick did not feel comfortable with Suze's family being super fundy and possibly not approving of the engagement that caused the split.

I hope she doesn't revert back to being a fundy girl, thinking that's the only way she'll find happiness. She's a strong girl and deserves all the happiness she can get but she shouldn't let a failed engagement as an excuse for anything. Shit happens but you move on from it. I just seriously hope Smugs and Anna don't use her as a story to tell Mack on why dating fails and chaperoned courtship/engagement equals successful marriage.

How did you guys find out about her wedding being called off & the break-up?

In a weird, I don't really know her way, I feel really sad for her. I really wanted her to have this great marriage & life just to stick it to her disappointing family members. I'm sure she eventually will, but this sucks.

On her google+ account. she removed pictures of her with Nick from the "Reunion" album plus changed her status from "engaged" to "single." Also, prior to deleting her Facebook, she did remove a few albums of her with Nick and posted a pretty depressing status about hate really being apathy, something like that.

Who knows, maybe she'll end up like her brother, Daniel. From his Facebook lately, it looks like he and Candice have left conservative and fundamentalist Christianity completely behind. Someone asked him if he was drunk and he responded with "Nah bro, I wish!"

If the engagement is broken, I don't blame her for wanting privacy to heal. Suze, if you're still lurking, I wish you much happiness and joy!

Archived