IGNORED

The USA in 2030 - what will fundies have done to us?

Daenerys

Move to NY State...sure we sometimes have extreme winters, but we also have lots and lots of equipment to remove our snow, and the taxes are high, BUT we are the 42nd religious state and we vote Democratic. We also have very pleasant summers, springs and falls. There are many, many places to see, ie, Thousand Island, Niagara Falls, and others too numerous to mention. We are only a short distance from Canada, so visiting and sight-seeing there is easily reached. Just a suggestion.

I like what someone said above, change comes one funeral at a time. Let's look at the demographics of the religioius right...overwhelmingly white. The demos are not in their favor...the hispanic population is booming, and tends to vote democrat. If the GOP weren't so against brown people, they could probably have a huge share of the demographic...hispanics tend to be more conservative and value-oriented. They keep shooting themselves in the foot.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hispanic+voting+patterns&view=detail&id=B0DADF1F38FF104308BA1D59B04058FFFD7CFC9D&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

Right now it looks dire, and sometimes I worry too. I tend to agree it's the last acts of desperation in a rapidly changing world that is leaving them behind, and knocking them off the pedestal of superiority.

My big concern is with the next election, a state like Ohio will likely, once again, decide the race. There are a few states teetering on the fence too...North Carolina and Florida for example. However, I'm hoping the influx of hispanics and snowbirds fleeing the north for sun will open up the gap a bit wider for the dems.

There will always be conservative pockets in the US, and I don't think places like Oklahoma or Mississippi will be changing anytime soon, if ever. Let's just keep hoping the landscape shifts where it matters most.

Move to NY State...sure we sometimes have extreme winters, but we also have lots and lots of equipment to remove our snow, and the taxes are high, BUT we are the 42nd religious state and we vote Democratic. We also have very pleasant summers, springs and falls. There are many, many places to see, ie, Thousand Island, Niagara Falls, and others too numerous to mention. We are only a short distance from Canada, so visiting and sight-seeing there is easily reached. Just a suggestion.

Yeah, but it's cheaper to just work in New York and live in New Jersey :P Plus, we don't have to pump our own gas!

Archived