IGNORED

Quiverful/Fundie history; where did it all start?

Sola

You don't have to act like I don't understand you or that I am lying.

Yes, the people I know use the term QF. The way it was explained to me is there are lots of ways to be QF. When I asked anyway since I was confused how they could all claim to be QF and have vastly different core beliefs.

It's possible QF has a wider definition and the Duggar way of being QF isn't the only way.

I do think you're lying. I don't know of any Catholics that consider themselves QF, not even Santorum. I'm sure there are a few somewhere in existence, but I don't believe that you just happen to know several of them when it's so rare. I think you made a mistake and misunderstood and now you're lying about something to attempt to save face. As for the QF Baptists you know, they're probably actually Independent Fundamentalist Baptists (IFB) and either they're lying to you or you misunderstood. In any case, IFB are fundie like the Duggars.

I do think you're lying. I don't know of any Catholics that consider themselves QF, not even Santorum. I'm sure there are a few somewhere in existence, but I don't believe that you just happen to know several of them when it's so rare. I think you made a mistake and misunderstood and now you're lying about something to attempt to save face. As for the QF Baptists you know, they're probably actually Independent Fundamentalist Baptists (IFB) and either they're lying to you or you misunderstood. In any case, IFB are fundie like the Duggars.

Well okay then - it must make it easier to just assume everyone who has an opinion different from yours is lying.

If someone tells me they are QF who am I to argue with em? Then again I also don't believe Torah Observant means "fake Jew" so maybe I am just not sarcastic enough for some FJ threads.

In the 80's Mary Pride wrote "The Way Home". I have heard that book credited as the beginning of the quiverful movement as we know it.

I've put it on my wish list at PaperbackSwap, and I ordered her book The Child Abuse Industry from Amazon.

I do think you're lying. I don't know of any Catholics that consider themselves QF, not even Santorum. I'm sure there are a few somewhere in existence, but I don't believe that you just happen to know several of them when it's so rare.

I've been Catholic for 67 years and I've known lots of large Catholic families. None have ever referred to themselves as QF or even been aware of the term.

My neighbor is one of 23 children born to the same Mom and Dad. The Dad was an African Methodist Episcopal minister. They never used the term QF. In their case they just loved kids and considered the more, the merrier.

Well okay then - it must make it easier to just assume everyone who has an opinion different from yours is lying.

If someone tells me they are QF who am I to argue with em? Then again I also don't believe Torah Observant means "fake Jew" so maybe I am just not sarcastic enough for some FJ threads.

I don't believe they ever told you they are QF, and I'm not assuming you are lying simply because you disagree with me, only because your claim follows a very specific pattern with saving face after someone pointed out your mistake, and some completely unverifiable but vague claims about your "friends". But go ahead and believe that you're some martyr and that I'm just some big meanie for calling you on it. You can go cry to all those Catholic QFers that don't actually exist. The odds of you knowing more than one Catholic family that actually uses that label for themselves is smaller than your chance of getting hit by lightning, so I'm not inclined to believe it.

Archived