IGNORED

Duggars at Calvery Bible Church in Neenah WI (with pictures)

homeschoolmomma1

I think it was JimBob who mentioned that some of the kids were sick.

Yes mentioned in first post :)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI there is a video clip of this on Youtube. However, I'm at work and I cannot include the link. The title is "Seeing the duggars!! ( from 19 kids and counting)" It was uploaded on March 31st.

Can someone find this for me and embed the video?

Could someone give me a rundown or link on what JimBoob has been saying about his Father?

You can listen to Michelle's radio show, which is linked here (maybe a couple pages back now). Boob and she trashed him with the exact same lines. I hoped that since Mullet was at home when she called into the radio show, the kids wouldn't hear, but Boob said that stuff in front of his kids, which really pissed me off.

What about families like the Vanderhoffs? They adopted some of their children, but I think they're in ATI.

Maybe they only have a problem with interracial parents? To people who judge based on race, it's one thing for whites to adopt a minority child but a white and non-white marrying is a completely different type of race mixing. I haven't read any miscegenation laws lately, but I'm pretty sure they were all about prohibiting marriages and said nothing about mixing the races via adoption.

I hoped that since Mullet was at home when she called into the radio show, the kids wouldn't hear,

NOOO...I wanted them to hear me call mommy nuts. Maybe Jessa heard and silently agreed with me? 8-)

NOOO...I wanted them to hear me call mommy nuts. Maybe Jessa heard and silently agreed with me? 8-)

THAT would have been fine with me, you know that. It was the trashing of the children's grandfather that I took issue with. I can't believe Mary is allowing them to air that dirty laundry in public, especially in front of the little kids who just knew he was Grandpa.

It was the trashing of the children's grandfather that I took issue with.

Same here. They may say 'Honor Your Parents' until the kids ears bleed, but the subtle lessons of trashing dead parents will come back to bite them. Don't they realize everytime the do it the odds of a tell-all book go up?

The Spanish midwife Jill is studying with is Venessa Giron. I've recognized her several times in various Instagram photos. She's been hanging out with the Duggars a lot.

Google made it official: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/familyHealth/WomensHealth/Documents/LicensedMidwifeApprentices.pdf Jill is listed in the second page.

The Spanish midwife Jill is studying with is Venessa Giron. I've recognized her several times in various Instagram photos. She's been hanging out with the Duggars a lot.

Google made it official: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/familyHealth/WomensHealth/Documents/LicensedMidwifeApprentices.pdf Jill is listed in the second page.

Good job :clap: :clap: Dishing it on the second post. Excellent. You have a bright future here at FJ :dance:

Good job :clap: :clap: Dishing it on the second post. Excellent. You have a bright future here at FJ :dance:

Good for Jill! :clap:

Glad to see that Jill is finally taking steps towards becoming a midwife instead of just "thinking about it". :clap:

This information does make Jubilee's "birth certificate" make a little more sense. Jill, Venessa Giron and Sarah Walker were listed as attending the delivery (as discussed on the thread for the VSE). Based on that link Venessa is a certified lay midwife and both Jill and Sarah are her apprentices. At least there was someone with real training there.

Google made it official: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/program ... ntices.pdf Jill is listed in the second page.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :dance:

Yay! Good for Jill! My biggest hope is that the other sisters, especialy Joy and Johanna can look at their older sister and see that outside employment does NOT lead to rebellion and disownment from the family. They need a reliable working female role-model, and Lord knows they aren't getting it from Famy.

I found the midwife's myspace page. She attended Oral Roberts University and she is originally from Texas.

I'm not really sure how much credit I give Jill for that accomplishment. I mean, yes, it is really good to see one of the kids doing something that's not just "thinking about studying" or CollegeMinus. But I hope this "lay midwife apprentice" is just a step toward further training, because it's pretty useless by itself. Lay midwives are basically just doulas or labor coaches, and lay midwifery is illegal in many places. There is no certification program or centralized training program. Obviously, some people are fine with having unattended homebirths as they hope for uncomplicated delivery, but some midwives are not always up front about what they are trained to do and the services they are capable of providing. I'd hate for someone to be expecting a person who was actually receiving a certification in nursing or midwifery, and getting Jill Duggar instead :(

I think Jill is planning on being a doula - midwife requires actual schooling here. More than just following another midwife around and reading a book or two.

Even if she does become one, my hat is still safe from being eaten as she will still not have completed an actual college degree course.

slickcat79 said:

I'm not really sure how much credit I give Jill for that accomplishment. I mean, yes, it is really good to see one of the kids doing something that's not just "thinking about studying" or CollegeMinus. But I hope this "lay midwife apprentice" is just a step toward further training, because it's pretty useless by itself. Lay midwives are basically just doulas or labor coaches, and lay midwifery is illegal in many places. There is no certification program or centralized training program. Obviously, some people are fine with having unattended homebirths as they hope for uncomplicated delivery, but some midwives are not always up front about what they are trained to do and the services they are capable of providing. I'd hate for someone to be expecting a person who was actually receiving a certification in nursing or midwifery, and getting Jill Duggar instead :(

Based on what I found she will pass some type of certification test. She has a two year apprenticeship under this Giron lady (it expires 8/31/13), then she has to take a licensing exam.

5. Licensing Examination

After provisions 1-4, listed in Section 301.01, are satisfactorily completed, the

applicant is eligible to sit for the licensing exam.

1. Pass the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM) written

examination. The exam may be administered by the Arkansas Department

of Health and Human Services, Division of Health, or at a regularly

scheduled test site arranged through NARM.

2. Pass the Arkansas Midwife Regulations exam with a score of 75% or

higher. This exam is administered by the Division.

3. If necessary to obtain a passing score, the examinations may be taken up

to three times. If the Midwife fails either the NARM exam or the

Arkansas Midwife Regulations exam three times, she must repeat an

apprenticeship before being allowed to re-test.

healthy.arkansas.gov/aboutADH/RulesRegs/LayMidwifery.pdf

Who'd want a lay midwife when much more qualified nurse midwifes are available? Besides gothardites, that is....

Who'd want a lay midwife when much more qualified nurse midwifes are available? Besides gothardites, that is....

But look at how they breed, if she becomes the go-to gal for Gothards, she'll never run out of work. Good for Jill, she might actually learn some skills useful for employment.

Quite a lot of left wing, hippy types go for having a doula rather than a midwife. Some mums have doulas to assist in the earlier stages of labour and a qualified midwife later, especially with home births.

Quite a lot of left wing, hippy types go for having a doula rather than a midwife. Some mums have doulas to assist in the earlier stages of labour and a qualified midwife later, especially with home births.

Yup here in New Mexico a lot of hippie types are doing stuff like that. When I was in college, I had a classmate whose wife went through an experience like that at their home. The midwife was in and out throughout the day and the doula mostly monitored the wife. This couple were hippie types.

Archived