IGNORED

Duggars at Calvery Bible Church in Neenah WI (with pictures)

homeschoolmomma1

Poor Jana, this her third "Journey" isn't it?

She told the TWOP poster she's going to work as a counselor at the Journeys, like Priscilla Keller did before her marriage. She's going to be living at Gothard (or Journey) HQ in Illinois. I suppose she has to leave fairly soon to be trained for the first girls' Journey of the Spring. Heck, they might be dropping her off on their way home for all we know.

Jeremiah appears to have naturally curly hair (as does Josie), but since the boys always had crew cuts or inch-long hair lacquered to their heads with buckets of Dippity-Doo, it was impossible to tell.

eta: Jessa is not on this trip. There appear to be a couple of family friends.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She told the TWOP poster she's going to work as a counselor at the Journeys, like Priscilla Keller did before her marriage. She's going to be living at Gothard (or Journey) HQ in Illinois. I suppose she has to leave fairly soon to be trained for the first girls' Journey of the Spring. Heck, they might be dropping her off on their way home for all we know.

Jeremiah appears to have naturally curly hair (as does Josie), but since the boys always had crew cuts or inch-long hair lacquered to their heads with buckets of Dippity-Doo, it was impossible to tell.

Is Jana going to be at Gothard's camp in MI? It's only about an hour from my new home. And photography is my hobby.

OK, on Jeremiah, couldn't imagine a boy would be allowed to get a haircut. Lucky kid, I bet his sisters are jealous.

it makes me wonder what really happens at those retreats? You know there has to be at least some sexual activity happening. it is just too good of an opportunity and way too easy to keep it quiet with guilt and shaming. You know if Gothart liked females he has had his share like this brother did He just never got caught.

it makes me wonder what really happens at those retreats? You know there has to be at least some sexual activity happening. it is just too good of an opportunity and way too easy to keep it quiet with guilt and shaming. You know if Gothart liked females he has had his share like this brother did He just never got caught.

No, he made a vow when he was young. And HE.HAS.NEVER.BROKEN.ANY.OF.THE.VOWS.HE.MADE. So there. He wrote it and it must be true.

Wow, your aunt did a great job!

Anna looks very pregnant. That can't be a food baby.

Jim Bob's hair looks awful, like a toupee.

Jana is very pretty. I like the loose curls. Jinger should lose the crunchy perm.

ZOMG, a knee length skirt on Joy!

I dont know that she looks any more prego than she did in the pics we have from december. I think she IS pregnant, only because thats her purpose in life... but I'm not sure the pic is the end all. I guess we'll know this week.

Lets see... Next week Jesus made his way into Jerusalem... last supper... died... rose...

SO the Duggars make their way to NY to preach their own gospel!

Wow. Jim Bob. Just when I think my opinion of him couldn't possibly sink any lower he disses his dead father in public. Nice. What about "Honor thy father and mother?" I guess once they die all bets are off.

What a prick.

Jana working for Gothard= the ATI version of the oldest daughter in a large Catholic family going off to be a nun. Maybe she's doing it because she feels this is her calling, maybe it's simply the easiest way to get out of the house?

Jim Bob and his dad... I think living in poverty has scarred Jim Bob for life. But in general, I do not believe that a family should air their dirty laundry in public like that, especially now that JL is dead.

The Internet censorship makes perfect sense if we're talking about the little kids. Even the teens need some supervision. Plus, this is a famous family and they're at a higjer-than-average risk for being targeted by weirdos. But the adults in the family should be able to surf the Internet as much as they please.

eta: Jessa is not on this trip. There appear to be a couple of family friends.

Hmm, interesting. Was Priscilla counting when she worked at Journey?

Jana working for Gothard= the ATI version of the oldest daughter in a large Catholic family going off to be a nun. Maybe she's doing it because she feels this is her calling, maybe it's simply the easiest way to get out of the house?

Jim Bob and his dad... I think living in poverty has scarred Jim Bob for life. But in general, I do not believe that a family should air their dirty laundry in public like that, especially now that JL is dead.

The Internet censorship makes perfect sense if we're talking about the little kids. Even the teens need some supervision. Plus, this is a famous family and they're at a higjer-than-average risk for being targeted by weirdos. But the adults in the family should be able to surf the Internet as much as they please.

I think it's even sleazier because JL's wife is still alive. And fucking LIVES with him. And supposedly had a better marriage later in life (but when Michelle mentioned that part on the radio show, she gave all the credit to Mary for being a godly woman). Still, if that was the man I'd been married to for 40-something years (together nearly 50), I would tell them both where to get off. She has enough property and money of her own to move the hell out from under her son's tinker-toy, aluminum roof. Or just go live with Deanna. Amy may have to move out, but the grands could visit her there and keep her son of a bitch son and his delusional wife out of that relationship loop.

They don't do Journeys constantly; Pris met David Waller at HQ in between Journeys, so yes, they courted while working for Gothard in various capacities. I think their poorly-written stories are updated and posted at davidlovespriscilla.com (or something like that).

I think they are waiting to announce Anna's pregnancy. I saw in the Instagram thread about Josh liking some comment Tori Spelling made about her 4th pregnancy and about how she wanted kids. I really don't think Josh knows who she is and he probably doesn't know her from BH 90210. He and Anna wouldn't like a married couple who were previously married to either people and had an affair before divorcing their spouses. Josh just saw Tori saying that she loves kids and he thinks she is like him. I think this pregnancy will be Tori's last.

I laugh when some fundies say they like certain celebs that they barely know about. The Duggar kids talked about Dolly Parton's literacy charities. They don't know about some of the movies she has been in or the fact that she support gay rights. They also don't know about her being a partner/investor in one of the companies that produced Buffy the Vampire Slayer. When Lyndsie had her blog she mentioned being a Katherine Heigl fan. I doubt she knew that Katherine was raised Mormon. I can't see Lyndsie liking an ex-Mormon. Another laughable moron fundie is Tim Tebow. Lately the gossip rags have mentioned him liking or being linked to a few female celebs. Timmy probably does have crushes on some of the celebs he meets at parties, but he probably wouldn't date a liberal Jewish woman or a country singer who has several "shove to men" songs.

Fuck Jana getting brainwashed again. Being a slave at a Gothard retreat is probably easier than living w/her own family. I hope some serious lezzing off is going on at Camp Killaspirit!

Jim Bob just gets more and more douchy the more he talks. I can't wait to hear him explain why Santorum loses the election.

I hope Michelle is home 'sick' because FJ knocked her on her rhetorical ass.

ETA: Hope it's twins, Anna!

I think they are waiting to announce Anna's pregnancy. I saw in the Instagram thread about Josh liking some comment Tori Spelling made about her 4th pregnancy and about how she wanted kids. I really don't think Josh knows who she is and he probably doesn't know her from BH 90210. He and Anna wouldn't like a married couple who were previously married to either people and had an affair before getting divorcing their spouses. Josh just saw Tori saying that she loves kids and he thinks she is like him. I think this pregnancy will be Tori's last.

I laugh when some fundies say they like certain celebs that they barely know about. The Duggar kids talked about Dolly Parton's literacy charities. They don't know about some of the movies she has been in or the fact that she support gay rights. They also don't know about her being a partner/investor in one of the companies that produced Buffy the Vampire Slayer. When Lyndsie had her blog she mentioned being a Katherine Heigl fan. I doubt she knew that Katherine was raised Mormon. I can't see Lyndsie liking an ex-Mormon. Another laughable moron fundie is Tim Tebow. Lately the gossip rags have mentioned him liking or being linked to a few female celebs. Timmy probably does have crushes on some of the celebs he meets at parties, but he probably wouldn't date a liberal Jewish woman or a country singer who has several "shove to men" songs.

If Tori has a boy, I definitely think this will be her last because then she will have two girls and two boys with Dean. And Tori is definately not like the Duggars because I want to say that she used birth control between her second and third child considering it was over three years between the two pregnancies. I think the reason she got pregnant with the fourth so quickly after the third because she knows time is running out for her and it is probably better to get pregnant with the fouth one sooner rather later. She is going to be 39 in May.

I really laughed at the gossip about him dating Lindsey Vonn and Katie Perry. Both women are coming out of failed marriages. I don't see Tim and/or the people around him wanting him dating a divorced woman.

No, he made a vow when he was young. And HE.HAS.NEVER.BROKEN.ANY.OF.THE.VOWS.HE.MADE. So there. He wrote it and it must be true.

Yes just like catholic priests never break their vows. But I am sure the duggers believe every word of it.

Earlier, Gothard himself had indecent contact with some of his female staff, and "admitted in staff meetings that these actions were 'moral failures' on his part." (p. 54). I think the biblical term is "sin", not just "moral failures". However, the authors are not trying to be sensationalistic, but rather, simply pointing out Bill's style of leadership, especially his reluctance to deal with matters in a timely and biblical fashion, his dogmatism and authoritarianism, his lack of integrity, and his increasing tendency towards a legalistic reading of the Bible. With respect to the latter point, Bill Gothard's penchant for taking passages out of context, and his misunderstanding of basic hermeneutical principles have resulted in an assortment of bizarre and aberrational teachings that have alarmed many in the evangelical community. Dr. Ronald Allen, Professor of Bible Exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary, attended a Gothard seminar in 1973 and wrote of his experience:

Fuck Jana getting brainwashed again. Being a slave at a Gothard retreat is probably easier than living w/her own family. I hope some serious lezzing off is going on at Camp Killaspirit!

Jim Bob just gets more and more douchy the more he talks. I can't wait to hear him explain why Santorum loses the election.

I hope Michelle is home 'sick' because FJ knocked her on her rhetorical ass.

ETA: Hope it's twins, Anna!

He will say that Americans are brainwashed against godly people like Santorum or some shit like that. I laugh at the Duggars and their involvement with Santorum. I know several well-educated Republicans that would fucking hate being around the Duggars. I bet some of Santorum's staffers probably don't like them being around either.

As for Michelle, she is probably hate home crying because she got her ass handed to her and she knows some of the Duggar fans might find out about Gothard. The Duggars were always going to fade away but it is starting to happen now and they won't be to cope. Michelle also has to know about the TBN video re: overpopulation being posted on various sites and going viral.

If Tori has a boy, I definitely think this will be her last because then she will have two girls and two boys with Dean. And Tori is definately not like the Duggars because I want to say that she used birth control between her second and third child considering it was almost three years between the two.

I really laughed at the gossip about him dating Lindsey Vonn and Katie Perry. Both women are coming out of failed marriages. I don't see Tim and/or the people around him wanting him dating a divorced woman.

I was also thinking the same thing about Tori having a boy and then deciding it is enough. Despite her flaws, I would take Tori over Michelle any day. Tim Tebow has an ego now and he probably likes hanging out with celebs but when it comes down to it, he and Papa Bob wouldn't approve of him dating any female celeb.

ZOMG, a knee length skirt on Joy!

Knee length skirts on all of them!

7033374257_44d22d609f.jpg

6887277854_746006429f.jpg

Her life is over.

No. Not if she wakes up and makes a few changes. Josh would still be a fourth child, though.

No. Not if she wakes up and makes a few changes. Josh would still be a fourth child, though.

She is powerless to make any changes. Once they start squirting out spawn they can't turn back.

Knee length skirts on all of them!

7033374257_44d22d609f.jpg

6887277854_746006429f.jpg

It looks like one of the boys is wearing a pink tie. I wonder if asshat Santorum gave him shit about it.

As someone who lives close to Calvary Bible Church....I will tell you that I detest the pastor. When my son died a few months ago, his really close friend who was a girl went to speak with the pastor about her grief because her mom goes to the church. The pastor told her that my son died because he wasn't a Christian and she shouldn't have friends that were Agnostic because then she wouldn't be dealing with the grief of their death. (Cause Christian never die?????)

This girl's mother keeps dropping off these CD's for me to listen to (yeah NOT) of the sermons that he gives because the pastor tells the mom that it will help me heal. I'm sure my Quaker Memorial Service had her fit to be tied as there is no preaching of fire and brimstone.

Duh! It's because "the people who vote against Frothy have hardened their hearts against God". :roll:

As someone who lives close to Calvary Bible Church....I will tell you that I detest the pastor. When my son died a few months ago, his really close friend who was a girl went to speak with the pastor about her grief because her mom goes to the church. The pastor told her that my son died because he wasn't a Christian and she shouldn't have friends that were Agnostic because then she wouldn't be dealing with the grief of their death. (Cause Christian never die?????)

This girl's mother keeps dropping off these CD's for me to listen to (yeah NOT) of the sermons that he gives because the pastor tells the mom that it will help me heal. I'm sure my Quaker Memorial Service had her fit to be tied as there is no preaching of fire and brimstone.

I'm sorry about your son GiGi_41. I don't blame you for detesting the pastor.

Archived