IGNORED

Miss Raquel reviews The Hunger Games

formergothardite

Yeah, the theatre was "jammed pack.". SOTDRT FTW!

A warning: I HATE the r-word. I NEVER utter the r-word. But, when it comes to intentionally ignorant and willfully stupid people, I DO think it. Thus, in this sense, I dub "Miss" Raquel the Queen Goddess Empress of ALL the r-words in the whole fucking universe.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing I liked about the review was her disapproval of the others in the theater cheering for Twilight. While I was waiting in line for the midnight premiere there was a group of girls behind me that would not shut up for the entire time we were waiting in line. All they could talk about was how good looking Gail and Peeta were and which one was better looking than the other and why they thought so. They also said they couldn't wait to see it because it "would be just like Twilight!" and how they would love it if two guys were fighting over them. I had to restrain myself from turning around and telling them my opinion of Twilight. It boggles my mind how one could think those two movies were the same. If Bella was picked during the Reaping she would have just curled into the fetal position as soon as the Games began.

I don't agree that you can't be both a fan of Twilight and The Hunger Games. I think that there is a myriad of opinions on any given thing, so why be exclusionary? That being said, I have not read the Twilight books or seen the movies, but from what I've read about them, they sound abhorrent. The theater that I saw the Hunger Games in laughed their asses off at the Twilight trailer.... it started as a giggle on one side and then spread to the whole theater. It made me so proud. :clap:

I don't agree that you can't be both a fan of Twilight and The Hunger Games. I think that there is a myriad of opinions on any given thing, so why be exclusionary? That being said, I have not read the Twilight books or seen the movies, but from what I've read about them, they sound abhorrent. The theater that I saw the Hunger Games in laughed their asses off at the Twilight trailer.... it started as a giggle on one side and then spread to the whole theater. It made me so proud. :clap:

Oh i completely agree that you can be a fan of both but what annoyed me was that they were saying that the "love triangle" with Peeta, Gail, and Katniss was the most important element of the story. And how awesome it was that they were both fighting over Katniss. I think they must have been reading a different series because I don't remember any fighting. Another thing that annoyed me was when they were talking about the Reaping scene. Apparently Katniss needed to calm down because she completely overreacted when Prim's name was drawn. Ummm excuse me but her sister was about to be sent off to be killed I don't think someone could overreact in a situation like that.

They are probably the type that think Edward sneaking into Bella's room and watching her sleep from the corner is "oh soooo romantic" :squeals:

Archived