IGNORED

The Brown Family and 'Church'

Turning-A-New-Leaf

I was curious about The Brown Family and 'church'. Since on the show, Sister Wives, they refer to church and attending a church, participating in activities, etc.

On the Wikipedia site, The Brown Family is discussed and their 'church' background is that The Browns are a family belonging to the Apostolic United Brethren Church. However, while reading I discovered that the members of AUB don't use the word church or like to call it a church. It discussed that there are a few centers, located in Mexico and Utah and that there are no churches as in other faiths.

Is it interesting that The Brown Family describes it this way ?

Does anyone know about The Brown Family's 'church' ? What is was that they attended ? Or are apart of ?

Yes, they are part of the AUB. I think they were using the term church on TV because its what most people will relate to. The AUB is the most liberal Polygamily group in Utah. I think that the Browns do their own services on Sunday in their home right now.

IIRC, in the episode that showed the teenagers trying to make friends, they talked about how they didn't have a church home at the time because their denomination didn't have a congregation in Vegas, and they wouldn't be welcome at 'regular' Mormon churches. So, yeah, that pretty much leaves home churching.

Archived