IGNORED

Pat Robertson On Homosexuality it's the debils fault

doggie

Ok now he really goes off the deep end.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/2 ... 82163.html

Learning that Pat Robertson has something newly outrageous to say about homosexuality isn't really all that shocking.

The "700 Club" host has never hidden the fact that he disapproves of the LGBT community (to put it lightly) and he has dedicated hours of air time to discussing the dangers of the so-called "homosexual lifestyle" (see a slideshow of Robertson's "greatest hits" below).

But in a recent broadcast (see the video above) Robertson truly outdid himself when he proposed that homosexuality is related to a type of "demonic possession."

The claim came during a segment about a man who, according to Robertson, "trolled the streets" for seven years looking for "cheap sex with other men" while his wife sat at home "completely clueless."

In response to the man's story, Robertson says:

"The world today says 'OK, so you are gay, you want to have affairs with men -- that's cool. You have an absolute right to do that, why not?'

That's not the right attitude. The attitude is that this is sin. It's wrong. And [this man] realized it was wrong but couldn't control it. But that type of conduct is wrong… he is obsessed. He has a compulsion. I would think that it is somehow related to demonic possession…"

I think he said this before. Sometimes it is funny to hear some of the shit he says but other times it is really fucked up. He's recent ramblings on Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow shows what an asshole he is.

Pat Robertson's been saying crazy things for years, but I don't think this is new. Fundamentalists and evangelicals often attribute homosexuality (or anything else they don't like) to demonic possession.

It is ignoring the fact that no one thinks cheating on your spouse is ok. (I mean carrying on behind their back knowing they would be hurt if they found out.) And it ignores gay couples in monogam(ish) relationships. Trolling for cheap sex can be self-destructive no matter what gender you're trolling for. Gay isn't the issue here. And blaming homosexuality or even the search for cheap thrills on demonic possession is just... Has Robertson been evaluated for senile dementia lately?

Archived