IGNORED

Michelle Explains Caleb’s name

duchess0592

I think I am breaking a rule because I have not hit 70 posts yet but this seemed big enough news to be worth it. Michele was explaining how they came to name all the kids with J names and I thought she was going to skip the first miscarriage but she said that they were going to name it Caleb because both names were strong Bible names. Sorry for rule breaking but this is a good time that it’s better to seek forgiveness then ask permission... I hope

Yeah, she said that it would be neat if it was a boy and they could name it Caleb because Joshua and Caleb were tight in the bible. Then they lost him/it and became prego with twins. She doesnt explain why JD couldnt be named Caleb and Jana something else... like Jana. I call bullshit on the whole thing. In all their bantering about how they killed their baybeee with ebil birth control they never named until recently.

It has to do with when you signed up. If you just signed up in the last couple weeks then I believe it won't let you start a new thread if you have less than 100 posts. Users who already had an account when the rule was made were grandfathered in.

I think that if they had a name in mind, it was John, and when the twins were born they used it having never named their miscarriage.

I *sort* of buy the naming, but not really as a formal thing. I "named" the baby I lost to a very early miscarriage. It was weird because I just felt it was a girl, and a name came to me out of the blue. It's not a name I'd ever use for a child. It's not something I share with people. But it's just what came to my mind,

Maybe something similar happened with Michelle, and now that they lost Jubilee she is talking about it? I dunno.

Yeah, she said that it would be neat if it was a boy and they could name it Caleb because Joshua and Caleb were tight in the bible. Then they lost him/it and became prego with twins. She doesnt explain why JD couldnt be named Caleb and Jana something else... like Jana. I call bullshit on the whole thing. In all their bantering about how they killed their baybeee with ebil birth control they never named until recently.

You could be right I really don't know,

Good to know about that rule

The other thing that stuck me was the blank look on almost all the kids faces when they were told, I know everyone greaves in different ways and some don't cry or show emotion to cope but it's strange that they all did this except the oldest girls.

Still very sad episode, it can't be easy to bury a child

Where was this "explanation" posted? Did she say it in an episode? (I have them on DVR but haven't caught up because I don't have enough alcohol in my house...)

This.

Which is why I call bullshit on that whole ultrasound filming. Where was Jill? Why Bill the ultrasound guy? They are so full of shit. Since they hadn't used the J'Caleb story in even the most recent "The Pill Killed our Baybeeeeeee!" stump speeches, this was a last minute make-up.

And just to confirm, "Tina" was ID'ed as an "ultrasound tech" not a doctor, so good catch, FJers!

Where was this "explanation" posted? Did she say it in an episode? (I have them on DVR but haven't caught up because I don't have enough alcohol in my house...)

It's been here for at least a few weeks:

http://duggarfamily.com/content/home/31 ... _tradition

She repeated it pretty much verbatim in the episode. Right down to the "Joshua and Caleb hung out together in the Bible, and they were great guys."

My son's name is Joshua and if my daughter had been a boy we had chose the name Caleb. I knew they were both Biblical names, but other than that our choice was just a coincidence. My Josh is named after Joshua Bolt from Here Come the Brides TV series, I was about 8 years old when that show was on TV and it is and always has been my very favorite boys name. My Josh also has long hair, plays ebil video games, wears black, and is allowed to be alone with girls (gasp).

I don't believe anything that comes out of Michelle's mouth anymore. She always sounds so scripted and the word precious makes me want to gag.

Wait, what's the rule? Are we newbies not supposed to start threads?

I don't think you can start a thread if you're under 75 posts and joined after the rule was put in place. Maybe I'm just imagining things, but I think my "New Topic" button didn't appear atop any of the boards until I hit 75.

I think that if they had a name in mind, it was John, and when the twins were born they used it having never named their miscarriage.

Since they never mentioned having named that miscarriage in their whole 'the pill killed my baybee!' I don't think they named it at all, even informally. If they did, they could have used the name to prove the point of how they had to be quiverfull because they killed a real live baybee. I'm convinced they just said the first name that popped into their head to not look bad about treating Jubilee as more of a life than "Caleb", especially when that would contradict their supposed world view

I don't know how true the whole "Caleb" story is, but I do know that if I was pregnant, being the name nerd I am I'd be thinking names pretty heavily as soon as I saw those two lines (or whatever confirmation). I also know that if I miscarried that child or had a stillbirth, I could never reuse that name. I would feel as though I was replacing a child who, until the moment of miscarriage, had felt very real to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Jchelle felt that way too.

Of course, I also wouldn't be surprised if she made that whole story up.

Since they never mentioned having named that miscarriage in their whole 'the pill killed my baybee!' I don't think they named it at all, even informally. If they did, they could have used the name to prove the point of how they had to be quiverfull because they killed a real live baybee. I'm convinced they just said the first name that popped into their head to not look bad about treating Jubilee as more of a life than "Caleb", especially when that would contradict their supposed world view

When did they first mention "caleb"? I feel like I remember hearing about Caleb back when they were still doing the specials with all the matching jumper outfits.

Why did the Duggars give Jubilee a masculine middle name?

They're wannabe fake Jews.

When did they first mention "caleb"? I feel like I remember hearing about Caleb back when they were still doing the specials with all the matching jumper outfits.

A couple of weeks ago, I couldn't sleep and watched 3 of the 4 original specials (I skipped On the Road...) and yes, she mentioned the miscarriage morphing into twins, but a name was never mentioned.

Yeah, but that doesn't explain the male name.

It sounds Jewish...I think that's all they care about. I'm surprised the didn't go with 'Isreal' or 'l'chaim'.

My son's name is Joshua and if my daughter had been a boy we had chose the name Caleb. I knew they were both Biblical names, but other than that our choice was just a coincidence. My Josh is named after Joshua Bolt from Here Come the Brides TV series, I was about 8 years old when that show was on TV and it is and always has been my very favorite boys name. My Josh also has long hair, plays ebil video games, wears black, and is allowed to be alone with girls (gasp).

Not to derail the thread, but I just have to stick my head in real quick and say I thought I was the only person on the planet who remembers that show! :lol: My favourite was Jeremy, but that's because I had a huge crush on Bobby Sherman. :laughing-rolling:

Sorry, I'll just pop on out again now as I have absolutely nothing pertinent to add to this thread. :doh:

Not to derail the thread, but I just have to stick my head in real quick and say I thought I was the only person on the planet who remembers that show! :lol: My favourite was Jeremy, but that's because I had a huge crush on Bobby Sherman. :laughing-rolling:

Sorry, I'll just pop on out again now as I have absolutely nothing pertinent to add to this thread. :doh:

That doesn't stop the rest of us from posting! :P

Hey did anybody notice that they actually DID list "Jenesis" as a possible name for a girl?!! I'm pretty sure that was one of our bets way back when we were guessing... but kind of as a joke. I heard that and I thought NOOOOOO!!! Not Jenesis with a J!!!! :evil:

That doesn't stop the rest of us from posting! :P

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Hey did anybody notice that they actually DID list "Jenesis" as a possible name for a girl?!! I'm pretty sure that was one of our bets way back when we were guessing... but kind of as a joke. I heard that and I thought NOOOOOO!!! Not Jenesis with a J!!!! :evil:

There HAVE to be some J names left without resorting to that kind of asininity.

I knew a girl named Jalissa. As an Alyssa I am waiting for Jalyssa or Malyssa (spelling it unique like Mackynzie, that way they will know baby will be the only one around the dining room table with that name). :lol:

Archived