IGNORED

TTH Thinks the sexual revolution has made all women sluts

SpeakNow

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2012/03/on-the-lie-that-the-sexual-revolution-has-been-good-for-women/

Her son sounds like a great guy. Calling girls sluts left and right.

Wow, s/he is surprised that her (if she iiiis a she...) son thinks like that? "Startled by the vehemence of his anger and disgust?" Can she really not see that she is teaching her son to think like that? But yeah, she basically views the women as "used toilet paper" too. How...Christlike??

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha ha ha. She actually has a commenter now questioning why on earth any self-respecting woman would want anything to do with Kristor's son, not withstanding his blondeness and musculature. Laura agrees that Kristor's son's misogyny is a sign of good character!

So, let me get this straight. Kristor's son sees the women he lives and works with as covered in shit. They disgust him and he regards them as foul objects. And that shows he is admirable and marriage material how?

If I had a male partner I would want him to be the kind of person who if he saw a woman LITERALLY covered in shit would be concerned and thinking how to help her. Not some misogynistic weirdo who probably flinches when a dirty slut (i.e, a human female) brushes past him...then spends hours thinking about it late at night.

I can't imagine such a misogynist fundie would ever go to Stanford. That school is the epitome of everything that fundies hate. It is extremely diverse, with a very liberal bent, and people come from all over to learn and explore. I dunno. The commenter who wrote that isn't saying something....anyways, I'm sure said commenter wants everyone to think his son is this great catch but it's laughable any woman would put up with a man that treats a woman's worth on virginity. Maybe the son is frustrated his personality is preventing him from getting any? :)

My son – the one who is a blond muscular Viking type at Stanford – was home for a visit on Saturday and saw that headline in the Journal. He snarled with outrage and exploded: “Has the sexual revolution been good for women? Hell no! It has turned most of them into unmarriageable sluts. Those women are doomed. They are like used toilet paper. Who wants to touch it?â€

I was startled by the vehemence of his anger and disgust. Then I recalled that, for him, it’s personal. There are, apparently, very few women at Stanford whom he would consider dating. Their sexual immorality disqualifies almost all of them. So, his own prospects for successful marriage are quite poor.

I think it's great that Lawrence...Laura ETA (one of her sheeple) has raised such a nice considerate young man for taking himself out of the market so that he's not inflicting his pompous assholery on many an unsuspecting Stanford women. Now if you're game to advertise your intact hymen I suppose all bets are off.

PS I googled blond viking and the delicious looking Idis Elba of Thor comes up. I bet that would give NTH and her posse the vapors!

idris_elba_photo.jpg

I thought that this was supposed to be the son of a commenter? Either way, he doesn't exist - no man, no matter how misogynistic, in the 20th, 21st century, attending a decent university, is using the term "unmarriagable slut". No how, no way.

My son – the one who is a blond muscular Viking type at Stanford

Umm, I think she thinks that I should be falling at this guys feet trying to get a date with him...but not going to happen. Even though I fall into the acceptable category by her definition, the tall blond type just doesn't do it for me. Follow that up with his views on women and all I would like to do should I meet him, would be to "accidently" trip and spill very hot coffee on his groin ( and hope it does some damage) :)

edited for clarification

“He would not be so outraged if he did not value women highly.â€

Exactly. That’s what I meant earlier when I said women would find your son appealing.

Your comment calls to mind all the indifferent fathers, boyfriends and friends who never expressed disgust and so helped women undo themselves.

The stupid is burning me so much.

I thought that this was supposed to be the son of a commenter? Either way, he doesn't exist - no man, no matter how misogynistic, in the 20th, 21st century, attending a decent university, is using the term "unmarriagable slut". No how, no way.

You haven't read anything from the "Men's Rights Movement", have you? Most of them are in their teens and twenties and "unmarriageable slut" is the least of the nasty things they say about women.

The son is angry at all the 'used toilet paper sluts' because they create a less viable market for him? That's like me getting angry at straight women for being straight and therefore people I couldn't date. It would be arrogant and shitty beyond imagining. ATTENTION VIKING SON. YOU ARE THE POOP PAPER.

You haven't read anything from the "Men's Rights Movement", have you? Most of them are in their teens and twenties and "unmarriageable slut" is the least of the nasty things they say about women.

Lots are divorced middle aged men too. When my husband was getting his visa to come to the US we used the website http://www.visajourney.com. You run across a lot of men looking for Filipino wives after the breakup of a marriage, because American women are generally sluts and meanies.

On the other hand, there is the fascinating MENA women (Middle East North African) who areoften middle aged, divorced women looking for traditional Muslim men. If any of you are board and want some fascinating reading check out the forums of that website.

I keep thinking about a tall, erect man wearing a helmet with horns and a battle skirt while rowing a huge ship.

If this man exists and I'm not so sure he does and isn't made-up, he's probably just mad because isn't getting any action and feels he's entitled to get some. I sometimes wonder why I can't get any either, but I don't blame men for that. You can't make people interested in you. Even if I thought the guy was good-looking (not really attracted to blondes much), his views would turn me off. Stanford is a large school and he cannot possibly know the virginity status of all the young women at that school. He's just pissed that they aren't paying him any attention and therefore is resorting to blaming all the women at the school for being "used like toilet paper" and "unmarriagable sluts" who aren't worth his time instead of looking at himself and seeing that there are wonderful women there, but he's the problem. Unless he's met all the young women there and asked them if they've had sex yet, he can't know if they virgins or not. I don't think anyone at my school knows because I don't tell people I'm a virgin. I wouldn't tell people if I wasn't either. It's not important to anyone except your SO regarding how many or if you've ever slept with someone else.

Check out the beginning line of Laura's last comment. Does anyone else find this incredibly creepy ?

Laura writes:

Oh, I don’t agree. A sweet virginal lass is of eternal and unparalleled appeal, provided she has other good qualities too

Why is the hypothetical lad at Stanford anyway? Everyone knows that universities are the the home of teh eebil.

It's amusing that all these stay-at-home daughters are languishing in their castles while the young Viking looks for a virginal princess at the hallowed halls of academia.

Check out the beginning line of Laura's last comment. Does anyone else find this incredibly creepy?

Laura writes:

Oh, I don’t agree. A sweet virginal lass is of eternal and unparalleled appeal, provided she has other good qualities too

Creepy indeed. I wonder what ol' Laura hasn't told us about herself??

But wait, there's more! Laura says,

I think many women would admire a man like Kristor’s son. Obviously, he cares about character.

Yep - I really go for a guy who equates lovemaking with soiled toilet paper. Where can I find me some of that blond, muscular, Viking judgmentalism? Baby, oh baby!!

Check this out! Calling women sluts is preventing the viking from being complicit in the sins of "loose women"

According to the Catholic Church, there are nine ways to be complicit in another’s sin: by counsel, by command, by consent, by provocation, by praise or flattery, by concealment, by partaking, by silence, and by defence of the ill done. We have a positive obligation to condemn – in the spirit Kristor describes.

I don't know if she just "conveniently" forgot but the second most important commandment in the Bible (after loving G-d) is to love your neighbor as yourself. Calling women sluts is...well...none to loving. Did Jesus call Mary Madgelene a slut? Nope.

Also, let's not forget it takes two to tango. Behind every "slut" there is a male who engaged in a sexual act with her. Why should the women take all the shame?

If the "used" women are the problem then why do they have partners and fulfilling relationships while the "pure" man is single, alone and sexually frustrated? Food for thought.

The used toilet paper part was really the icing on the cake. Unless he is asking these girls, right off the bat, "are you a virgin?" how in the world is he going to know who is the virginal beauty vs the slut. as far as I know we, women, still don't have some sort of sign on our heads giving notice about the status of our virginity. So is he making assumptions based on looks, clothing, hair style, make-up, or things they say.

If the "used" women are the problem then why do they have partners and fulfilling relationships while the "pure" man is single, alone and sexually frustrated? Food for thought.

This.

Maybe "their way" does not work anymore.

So, in other words, Aryan god boy can't get laid, so he's blaming his sexual frustration on the 'sluts'?

This! I bet the young co-eds at Stanford are hardly beating down this guy's door, and it doesn't matter if their private parts are still fresh in the crate or have seen several miles of bad road. A hateful, sexist misogynistic jerk is hardly a prize.

Archived