IGNORED

Rachel is in labor (merged)

keeperrox

What's with the last comment "Rachel threw her baby away"? Is that perhaps their dad trying to get in one last jab?

Ruth's blog does seem to attract a particularly vicious species of troll; I tend to think that they're people associated with her background. (Though obviously I don't know myself, and have no way to check.)

That comment sounded like Darth Daddy and his evil attitude. How can anyone so hateful consider himself even one ounce of a Christian?

I'm so happy that things have gone this well for Rachel and she carried little Ella long enough for her to be that close to term. Some hospitals consider any child delivered before 37 weeks who goes to the nursery to be "in the NICU."

I hope Issiah got the paper work in and doesn't decide to be a douchebag about giving up his parental rights. [Not that I think he deserves them. What he deserves is a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.]

Here's hoping everything goes well. (Went well? Probably should be past tense by now, but maybe not...)

I'm encouraged by the "comically far from Gothardism" description of the adoptive couple, too. Sounds like the baby will be moving into a good, supportive home. I'm sure all this is very hard on Rachel (and Ruth, too) but I think she's made the best decision she could under the circumstances.

Maybe she choose a same sex couple.. ? How different from how she raised would that be :)

Maybe she choose a same sex couple.. ? How different from how she raised would that be :)

I have to admit, that thought does fill me with a certain sort of savage glee, since the very idea would presumably make Darth Daddy exquisitely uncomfortable.

(English needs a word for this feeling. I'm sure German has one already; they seem to get all the good words. This would be something like Schadenfreude, except with more of a sense of wishing a particularly poetic or appropriate sort of misfortune on another.)

Mainly, though, I'm just pleased at how pleasant and supportive the adoptive parents sound.

It's a good day to be born, Ellie shares a birthday with Quentin Tarantino.

This is too weird. I've never heard of Quentin Tarantino until today. My daughter sent me an email that she won a radio trivia contest by answering a question about him. And my daughter's older daughter K is 8 today. Her younger daughter is another baby Ella.

Happy birthday to you too.

This is also the day Isaiah gets is paternal comeuppance.

Isaiah who?

Isaiah who?

Isaiah the baby daddy who swears he never had sexual relations with that woman, but DNA will prove otherwise. From what I've read on Ruth's blog, it will go on record that he is the child's father, but he will have no claim to her. The proof of paternity will be there, and if Ellie grows up and wants to research her genetic background, she'll have both parents to reference.

Thanks for the happy birthday!

Isaiah who?

"Issiah" is the name Ruth gave the baby daddy who denies ever sleeping with Rachel. [My theory is that Rachel is not the first girl he had a fling with at an ATI conference. He knew just where to go so they could be alone. I wonder if he got any of the other girls pregnant and denies them, too?] She didn't want to reveal his real name to protect Rachel's privacy and safety.

That's what I thought when Ruth said the couple was non-traditional. Welcome to the world little Ella.

I'm thrilled to hear that Rachel is so strong and chose to give her child a bright and beautiful future over her parent's bullshit. Rachel, with that kind of backbone, your future is looking pretty amazing, too!

razingruth.blogspot.com/

I am proud of her sister for finding the best solution for herself and her baby. I am so proud that she found the confidence to do what she felt best. I am happy for the adoptive family and mixed sad/happy for Ruth's sister. Happy thoughts to all involved.

I'm glad the birth went smoothly for Rachel and I'm also glad the the baby is going to a non-Gothard family. I know it can be hard to give a baby up for adoption and I hope Rachel can cope with everything that has happened. I'm glad she has Ruth for support.

Archived