IGNORED

Anna T is Taking Some Heat

slh12280

Bringing up politics regarding Israel= not a good idea. I didn't find the post itself inflammatory, but people got riled up in the comments, that's for sure.

ccostello.blogspot.com

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why she calls the Palistinian/Isreali conflict an Arab/Jewish conflict.

Oh, my! Someone accused her of living in occupied territory, and she did not deny it at all. She pretty much confirmed it without saying so.

Edited because I realized I posted personal information about her from a private Facebook account, and that's not a very nice thing to do.

I don't get why she calls the Palistinian/Isreali conflict an Arab/Jewish conflict.

Because it is?

Bringing up politics regarding Israel= not a good idea. I didn't find the post itself inflammatory, but people got riled up in the comments, that's for sure.

ccostello.blogspot.com

I think Anna T is generally a twit, but really? She lives in Israel. She can talk politics all she wants.

(Disclaimer: There is a lot I don't know about international politics. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or oversimplifying this.) I think her point is that Palestine is not a real country. It is all Israel as far as she is concerned. This is the main reason there is conflict in the middle east. Extreme Muslims don't believe Israel has a right to exist, and extreme Jews believe Israel must exist as it was at the time of Solomon's temple. They consider Palestine to be part of Israel.

(Disclaimer: There is a lot I don't know about international politics. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or oversimplifying this.) I think her point is that Palestine is not a real country. It is all Israel as far as she is concerned. This is the main reason there is conflict in the middle east. Extreme Muslims don't believe Israel has a right to exist, and extreme Jews believe Israel must exist as it was at the time of Solomon's temple. They consider Palestine to be part of Israel.

"Palestine" *isn't* a real country.

OK, I thought it was. I should probably stick to stuff I actually know about.

To be fair, it depends on who you ask.

OK, I thought it was. I should probably stick to stuff I actually know about.

It's not an officially recognized state, at least. I also don't think you can simplify the opinions to what "extreme" Muslims vs. "extreme" Jews think. Among other things, left/right politics are involved.

It's not an officially recognized state, at least. I also don't think you can simplify the opinions to what "extreme" Muslims vs. "extreme" Jews think. Among other things, left/right politics are involved.

Very true. Some of the most extreme Jews are all for the destruction of Israel.

"Palestine" *isn't* a real country.

Do you think Palestine isn't a real country the way Vatican City isn't a real country? I heard that even the UN was starting to recognize Palestine. It seems like a long time coming though.

The list of countries that have and have not recognized it is very telling.

Telling of who have strong US alliances, yes.

And if you look at most of the countries who haven't recognised Palestine, most have a two-state solution as official policy.

That isn't to say the reality of the situation isn't incredibly complicated, but it's easy to forget that, outside the US and Israel, attitudes to and conversations about Palestine are a lot more nuanced.

Telling of who have strong US alliances, yes.

And if you look at most of the countries who haven't recognised Palestine, most have a two-state solution as official policy.

That isn't to say the reality of the situation isn't incredibly complicated, but it's easy to forget that, outside the US and Israel, attitudes to and conversations about Palestine are a lot more nuanced.

Exactly - you could hardly say that most of the EU countries, for instance (especially Sweden) don't want to eventually recognise Palestine.

And I have a feeling this is the new peanut butter so I'm backing out while my blood pressure's still normal.

Exactly - you could hardly say that most of the EU countries, for instance (especially Sweden) don't want to eventually recognise Palestine.

And I have a feeling this is the new peanut butter so I'm backing out while my blood pressure's still normal.

LOL, me too. Generally this is a topic I think is just incredibly complicated, and I don't have a fierce opinion about what's the right or wrong move going forward, just wanted to insert some facts about Palestine's recognition into the conversation. But with that, I'm done ;)

I'm all for a two-state solution. But I would not say that "Palestine" is a country, currently.

ETA: why are people getting scared away from this thread? Nobody is getting crazy....

Anna T generally avoid politics. However, the few times she blogs about it, I get the impression she very much sides with the settlers who encroach on areas of dispute where the Israeli gov't have tried to prevent people from building up new settlements as part of a peace accord. I don't know if she herself lives around those areas, but she has made it clear that Jews were there first and was God ordained. I doubt Anna T understands the naunce or complexity of the debate. She's way too fundie to see anything outside of black and white. It makes me wonder how she approaches or treats Arab or Muslims she sees though.

:shock:

:-?

Palestine is the new peanut butter?

/backs slowly out of thread

WHat do the Palestinians think about taking peanut butter to school? And what do the Isrealis say? You know, I bet that the Great Peanut Butter War is what started all the problems over there. One side says it's OK in schools, the other side says no. One side says crunchy, the other side says smooth. Damn PB is ruining the world!! :D

WHat do the Palestinians think about taking peanut butter to school? And what do the Isrealis say? You know, I bet that the Great Peanut Butter War is what started all the problems over there. One side says it's OK in schools, the other side says no. One side says crunchy, the other side says smooth. Damn PB is ruining the world!! :D

:lol: :clap: :lol:

Archived