IGNORED

Pat Robertson, true man of God

Alana Rickman

http://tinyurl.com/c3ut7z7 (link will take you to Yahoo! Sports)

For those of you who don't follow American football, the Denver Broncos recently traded Christian golden boy Tim Tebow so they could get my beloved Peyton Manning to finish out his career with them. Pat Robertson thinks "it would serve [the Broncos] right" if Peyton, who has a history of serious neck problems, were injured/incapacitated this year. He is an asshat among asshats, that man.

The weirdest thing about this, to me, is that Peyton is also a Christian, and word on the street is that he's also pretty conservative politically. But he doesn't run his mouth about it ALL THE DAMN TIME like Tebow does, so clearly that means he's really just a godless heathen who deserves to be injured or paralyzed on the field because PR got all butthurt that the Broncos traded Jesus's BFF.

Robertson is a moron and an asshole. He acts as if Tebow is an amazing quarterback. Tebow is ok but not stellar. The Broncos had an 8-8 season and barely made into the playoffs. Tebow isn't deserving of anything in the NFL just because he is Christian. He isn't the only Christian in the NFL. There are others but they don't show boat their faith in the manner that Tebow does.

I actually saw that broadcast the other day and thought, "what a shitty thing to wish on someonem if that's christianity you can keep it, old man!"

http://tinyurl.com/c3ut7z7 (link will take you to Yahoo! Sports)

For those of you who don't follow American football, the Denver Broncos recently traded Christian golden boy Tim Tebow so they could get my beloved Peyton Manning to finish out his career with them. Pat Robertson thinks "it would serve [the Broncos] right" if Peyton, who has a history of serious neck problems, were injured/incapacitated this year. He is an asshat among asshats, that man.

The weirdest thing about this, to me, is that Peyton is also a Christian, and word on the street is that he's also pretty conservative politically. But he doesn't run his mouth about it ALL THE DAMN TIME like Tebow does, so clearly that means he's really just a godless heathen who deserves to be injured or paralyzed on the field because PR got all butthurt that the Broncos traded Jesus's BFF.

I guess I just don't understand all this "poor Tebow" attitude by so many. To go that route, a good case could be made that Peyton Manning was treated far worse! Of course, that's discounting that professional football is business--BIG business, and the owners do what they think will benefit them.

Nevertheless, Peyton's worth to the Colts franchise, and to Indianapolis, the city, cannot be over-emphasized. He is arguably the NFL's greatest QB, and it was painfully obvious in 2011 how weak and impotent the Colts were without him.

So.....if Tebow was treated callously, how much more so was Manning?

Pat Robertson has no idea what being a Christian is all about. Karma? What a colossal fool the man is.

(I have posted this before on FJ, and it is NOT an excuse at all).

I truly believe that Pat Robertson (who always had a large number of weird beliefs anyway) is now suffering from some form of senile dementia. He really should leave public life and Just. Shut. Up.

My husband is a Jets fan and he is NOT happy about this.

I would really love to see if Tebow will be corrupted by us eebil New Yorkers.

I truly believe that Pat Robertson (who always had a large number of weird beliefs anyway) is now suffering from some form of senile dementia. He really should leave public life and Just. Shut. Up.

I live in the same area he does, and the consensus here is generally the same. Why his sons or someone else in the 700 Club camp don't quietly force his retirement is beyond my comprehension. Unless they still believe everything he says. Which is entirely possible, sad to say. :roll:

I hope Tebow gets corrupted by Mark Sanchez. Sanchez parties and hangs around NYC quite a bit. I think Tebow will basically hang out mostly in Jersey. I can't stand the media attention Tebow gets but some of the attention is laughable. There have been a few articles in the past few days questioning about where Timmy will go to church in NYC or Jersey. I also laughed at the stupid articles about him being romantically linked to Dianna Agron from Glee, after he met her at some party. Timmy probably does find her attractive, but I doubt those two would ever date. Dianna is Jewish and liberal. I don't see Bob Tebow liking that. I also laughed at the Taylor Swift rumors because Taylor is Catholic and she tends to like actors more.

I live in the same area he does, and the consensus here is generally the same. Why his sons or someone else in the 700 Club camp don't quietly force his retirement is beyond my comprehension. Unless they still believe everything he says. Which is entirely possible, sad to say. :roll:

I think that is possible and I can see his sons having the "Dad is always right" mentality.

Agreed. He's always been out there and age has made it worse.

Archived