IGNORED

But Grandma Duggar wants to do the laundry...

Fundilicious

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-matters/everyday-grandma-multigenerational-living-duggar-household.html

And then she helps us with our laundry every day. She is so precious. I said, "Grandma, we really didn't strategically place the guest room on the other side of the laundry room for that reason. I know it might look that way!" When she comes out of her room, she has to walk through the laundry room, and being the spirit that she has - she's so sweet - she'll start folding the laundry every morning.

Whatever you say Michelle. I'm really torn over Grandma Duggar. Part of me thinks she chooses this life and likes to be under her son's authoritative protection and gravy train, and another wonder if she is so far in, she isn't sure how to dig herself out and separate herself from being their house maid.

I think its interesting that they call it a guest room, when it is where grandma duggar lives fulltime. A guest room is where people temporarily stay. If I was a guest with my room right off the laundry room, I might think, this is intersting I guess they really didn't have anywhere to put it and don't use it often so it is okay. If I LIVED in that room, I would think, why do I have to walk through the laundry room multiple times each day. I would feel a bit like the maid of all work in the 19th century who slept in a cubby off the the kitchen/laundry workroom. If they were building such a giant house and knew grandma duggar would be living there, why didn't they build a true in-law suite--with its own entrance, livingroom, kitchen etc...

I would love to know what Grandma Duggar really thinks of Michelle. I will buy any tell-all book Grandma Duggar writes if she can manage to free herself from that sinking ship!

I'm not sure grandma duggar can afford to get out, even if she wanted to. I wouldn't be surprised if grandpa duggar left any money they had in trust with JB. Why did his parents move in with them in the first place?

I think Grandma Duggar is happy being around her grandchildren. Maybe she helps with the laundry to relive the J'Slaves a bit. I think Grandma is fundie lite but probably thinks that Boob and Mullet have way too many kids.

I'm not sure grandma duggar can afford to get out, even if she wanted to. I wouldn't be surprised if grandpa duggar left any money they had in trust with JB. Why did his parents move in with them in the first place?

Grandma Duggar owns a few rental properties and I kind of think Grandpa left her some money. I don't think Grandpa would leave all the money to JB. He disagreed with parts of JB and Michelle's lifestyle.

Yep, I'm pretty sure Grandma Duggar is still listed as the owner on multiple properties. I remember FJers were looking this up a couple months ago when someone thought there might be a TMZ/media story about the Duggars possibly having a lot of debt.

Hmm, maybe she does stay to provide some relief and individual attnetion for her grandkids. It still seems odd that if JB's dad didn't agree with his beliefs he would up and move in with them and thus subject himself and his wife to their brand of faith 24/7.

I don't think Grandma Duggar is fundie just conservative Christian. I remember way back when Grandpa was still alive she was explaining the whole NIKE thing after it came up while she was watching the kids. She looked like she was choosing her words carefully and did not agree with Jimbob or Michelle. Grandpa and Grandma moved in when Grandpa was dying so that she would have some help caring for him. I think after he passed away she stayed because what could keep you busier then being around the Duggars especially if you do a lot of the laundry. I think she feels sorry for the girls and wants to be there for them. She clearly spends a decent amount of time with Famy if you go off the facebook pictures and whatnot. I also think if she ever spoke out against Jimbob then he would cut off her contact with her grandkids.

If I were Grandma Duggar, i'd be sneaking itching powder into Boob's undershorts.... :twisted:

I don't think Grandma Duggar is fundie just conservative Christian. I remember way back when Grandpa was still alive she was explaining the whole NIKE thing after it came up while she was watching the kids. She looked like she was choosing her words carefully and did not agree with Jimbob or Michelle. Grandpa and Grandma moved in when Grandpa was dying so that she would have some help caring for him. I think after he passed away she stayed because what could keep you busier then being around the Duggars especially if you do a lot of the laundry. I think she feels sorry for the girls and wants to be there for them. She clearly spends a decent amount of time with Famy if you go off the facebook pictures and whatnot. I also think if she ever spoke out against Jimbob then he would cut off her contact with her grandkids.

I don't see Grandma ever speaking out against Jim Bob. She probably likes keeping peace. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't like Michelle. Grandma probably connects better with Famy and Deanna. I don't like Famy that much but I do admire her close bond with her grandmother.

I'm not sure she lives at the TTH all the time. I think it appears that way when they are filming, but she hasn't joined them on the campaign trail, and she isn't in every episode. I have a feeling it's all just creative editing.

She probably kept her own place and escapes when she's had enough.

Grandma Duggar owns a few rental properties and I kind of think Grandpa left her some money. I don't think Grandpa would leave all the money to JB. He disagreed with parts of JB and Michelle's lifestyle.

The real estate owned by Gma and Gpa duggar was all transferred to Gma and Jimboob upon the fathers death. I guess this has to do with Jboob assuming the patriarchal role over his mother.

I'm not sure she lives at the TTH all the time. I think it appears that way when they are filming, but she hasn't joined them on the campaign trail, and she isn't in every episode. I have a feeling it's all just creative editing.

She probably kept her own place and escapes when she's had enough.

I wonder if when she gets into that voting booth she'll vote for another canidate? Something about her voting for Romney (or whomever else) makes me smile.

The real estate owned by Gma and Gpa duggar was all transferred to Gma and Jimboob upon the fathers death. I guess this has to do with Jboob assuming the patriarchal role over his mother.

Ewww it just sounds weird. How is it biblical? What happened to respect your elders? Poor Grandma Duggar!

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-matters/everyday-grandma-multigenerational-living-duggar-household.html

Whatever you say Michelle. I'm really torn over Grandma Duggar. Part of me thinks she chooses this life and likes to be under her son's authoritative protection and gravy train, and another wonder if she is so far in, she isn't sure how to dig herself out and separate herself from being their house maid.

I think she moved in because she and Grandpa needed help when he was dying, then decided to stay a bit to be around family when she was grieving his death, and now she's... stuck. I remember thinking how young and vibrant and pretty she was in the brief glimpses we got of her before Grandpa got sick, but now she just seems to be flat, going through the motions. No doubt that would have happened to some extent with Grandpa's illness and death, but I think if she weren't stuck, she'd have slowly picked up the pieces and remained an involved grandma while still having her own life. Now she's really just another J'slave. And that's really sad. I think she's drunk the koolaid enough that she "keeps sweet" like she's told, but we see glimpses of independence, like that flash of anger I'm sure I saw when J'chelle announced her last pregnancy. I'd like to see her come fully to and give JBoob what for. I don't think his sister (Famy's mom) has drunk the koolaid, so I'm sure she'd have some backup.

I think Grandma and Grandpa D moved in with them, because I'm assuming that Grandma maybe wanted some help during Grandpa's final passing days. And I would also assume that even if they didn't agree with everything JB and Michelle did, they still love their grandchildren. If they are a close knit family, I could see Grandpa and Grandma wanting to let the children spend Grandpa's last days together as a family.

Now it terms of Grandma now, I've always suspected she is the type of woman who is hard working and loves to be involved. In which I mean with her Grandchildren, not just as another form of free labor. But, I suspect JB took Grandma aside and told her it's his way or the highway. Chances are Grandma doesn't want to live alone and thus tows the party line. We can see this in just the change in Grandma's demeanor. We only see her in dresses now and she gives JB the same doe-eyed stare Michelle gives him when he talks.

Of course just pure assumptions.

1. As a grown-ass woman, if someone referred to me as "precious" in a non-ironic way (especially if that person was younger than me), I would have to fight a serious bitch-slap impulse :roll:

2. If my daughter-in-law referred to me as "grandma" and she wasn't talking to my grandkids at the time, see #1.

3. If I lived in a place where it was expected that I would start sorting and folding laundry before I'd even had breakfast, I would be out of there in a hot second :evil:

What's that word the holy one Santorum used with a reporter....oh yeah. BULLSHIT!

ha ha, sounds like Michelle's been reading some criticism of the placement of Grandma's/guest room. It certainly is common to have the mail/nanny room by a laundry room, with a bathroom if lucky (like Alice on Brady Bunch).

Re laundry, once I heard Michelle say that it was "Grandma" that came up with their laundry system (i.e. storing similar sized clothes together in baskets rather than try to sort it by child).....I have a feeling that Grandma thinks (rightly) that Michelle is a moron and came up with that to save the j'slaves (and her own) sanity. I think Grandma sticks around for her grandkids and privately rolls her eyes at her dil and son.

Guest Anonymous

1. As a grown-ass woman, if someone referred to me as "precious" in a non-ironic way (especially if that person was younger than me), I would have to fight a serious bitch-slap impulse :roll:

2. If my daughter-in-law referred to me as "grandma" and she wasn't talking to my grandkids at the time, see #1.

3. If I lived in a place where it was expected that I would start sorting and folding laundry before I'd even had breakfast, I would be out of there in a hot second :evil:

And 4. I'd get my hands on an AK47, point it at Jim Boob and announce "Fuck off, sonny! I brought you into this world and I can send out out of it too".

It might be that after Jim died she chose to spend most of her time living at JB and M's house because she doesn't like being alone, all by herself, drowning in her thoughts. All her life she had her family, then Deana and JB left so she was with Jim, and then Jim passed away. It,s most likely that she'd rather have company and she's there with nothing to do so she might help the J'slaves with things, seeing as her daughter-in-law is so lazy re: the care of children and the house.

I think its interesting that they call it a guest room, when it is where grandma duggar lives fulltime. A guest room is where people temporarily stay. If I was a guest with my room right off the laundry room, I might think, this is intersting I guess they really didn't have anywhere to put it and don't use it often so it is okay. If I LIVED in that room, I would think, why do I have to walk through the laundry room multiple times each day. I would feel a bit like the maid of all work in the 19th century who slept in a cubby off the the kitchen/laundry workroom. If they were building such a giant house and knew grandma duggar would be living there, why didn't they build a true in-law suite--with its own entrance, livingroom, kitchen etc...

I don't think they built the house with the intention of Grandma living there, right? She moved in when Grandpa was sick and after he died, she stayed. Only to be turned into a housekeeper/nanny like the other J'Slaves.

Archived