IGNORED

Feelin' Feminine is back up

ohpotteryourotter

Jocelyn's Feelin' Feminine site is up and running again.

The newest post is about......Bollenhuts? Now, I personally find that fascinating, but wtf does that have to do with a modesty site?

In other Dixon news, Jacque has once again talked about in one of her recent posts about Matt being in New York and working. Do you think they are trying to save up and move back?

Jacque has also blogged about a book she likes that embraces the idea of women leading their families. Maybe she's finally admitting the fact that she's the one who wears the pants in that family. Figuratively speaking, of course. :)

On their family website, Jacque does say that they are going to be leaving CR, but that they're not sure where they will go next.

It's always bugged me that the "Challenging Femininity" picture in the side bar looks sunburnt. I wouldn't like pictures of my sunburnt face bandied about the internet, frankly.

covericon.png

Speaking of the sidebar, I did a double-take seeing a link for "the no 'poo method."

Talk about shitty phrasing.

The Dixons have never been known for stellar writing. They can't even manage correct punctuation of plural nouns.

Another interesting thing to note is that the contributors link isn't working. It could be nothing but I can't help but wonder if Jocelyn is no longer running the site.

FF was one of my gateway sites way back when. The site does seem to be under new management, though. The focus doesn't seem to be on modesty.

Jocelyn was a gateway fundie for me too. I think she/the Dixon women do run it, but, ahem, delegate more than they did before.

A Pondering Heart is still down. I wonder how Jocelyn's doing.

Interesting that Jacque uses 'God' on her blog and not Yah or whatever. Also yes Jacque, you sure do spend a lot of time on the computer :roll:

EDIT: DFM appears to be hacked/have some kind of problem with it.

The Dixons have never been known for stellar writing. They can't even manage correct punctuation of plural nouns.

The Dixon's may not be stellar writers, but they can't be blamed for this one. That's what the movement is known as, colloquially.

FF has been my gateway too. There seems to have been increasingly less investment in the website, they haven't done a "Challenging femininity" since August for instance, and the content's become less strident, more like tips on beauty, dressing, cooking etc.

Interestingly enough, Rachel Dixon's blog is also private now. I wonder if the family lost their status as semi-royalty after Jocelyn's failed courtships and increasingly bizarre ideas.

FF has been my gateway too. There seems to have been increasingly less investment in the website, they haven't done a "Challenging femininity" since August for instance, and the content's become less strident, more like tips on beauty, dressing, cooking etc.

Interestingly enough, Rachel Dixon's blog is also private now. I wonder if the family lost their status as semi-royalty after Jocelyn's failed courtships and increasingly bizarre ideas.

I am surprised that Rachel's blog is now private seeing as all she posted was recipes and photos of animals and flowers. The Dixons haven't been any kind of royalty for a loooong time though, and I think the Amanda stuff as well as moving to CR illegally and begging for donations was as much a catalyst as the New World Order stuff.

Going from Amanda's blog, she seems to have had some nice times with her dad while he's been in the US. She even has nose and lip piercings now :D She seems really happy, I'm so glad for her.

Indeed, I didn't check Rachel's blog very regularly but there was hardly anything very personal. But she did mention Jocelyn's engagement to Leandro and Amanda.

What's Amanda's blog? I never remember the name.

Does anyone else think that "Feelin' Feminine" sounds like something you'd see on a feminine hygiene commercial? Like, a brand of douche or something? :?

I have a hard time time taking it seriously on the title alone, never mind the content...

I was sure that Jacque said somewhere she has a nose piercing, too, but her blog is also closed so I cannot confirm that. What is this trend with nose piercings?

It seems to be a Hebrew Roots thing - Rebekah was given a nose ring by Isaac so it's seen as acceptable body jewellery from a Biblical perspective. Better than dismissing piercings as Satanic I guess...

Edited to clarify that Amanda is a mainstream Christian so I don't think hers is for the same reason.

I think the Rebekah thing is a way to justify wanting a nose piercing, since fundies aren't supposed to follow fashions. I remember Lina used the same excuse.

Oh, and I understand the Dixons used to be more normal, before sliding into skirts only, and then fake Judaism, and then various increasingly crazy ideas?

Yeah they used to be mainstream (albeit conservative) Christians. In fairness they loudly say how both Christians and Jews are doing it wrong so really they have their own Dixon speshul snowflake religion. It's Jacque's America as Babylon and New World Order stuff that scares me D: And those kids in CR do not look healthy.

Amanda looks so different to them now.

Have you read her latest post about growing hair long?

Nothing against that (only against the opinion that a woman with long hair is somehow more feminine or more of a woman than one with short hair), but she advises to use essential oils undiluted. Granted, she uses only peppermint and lavender, but many other essential oils which other people might use can be downright harmful, and also those she uses on her scalp can irritate the sensitive skin there severely!

Usually, essential oils are used diluted in a carrier oil.

I know, I know, this is a trifle compared to many issues we discuss here, but I think it's really irresponsible to hand out such counsel.

I didn't think this was worth making a new topic for, but Jocelyn has a new Etsy shop selling handmade wooden items.

etsy.com/shop/flughteringsparrow?ref=pr_shop_more

If she made them herself, I am impressed.

Because it's a pretty 'manly' thing for a fundie girl to do, not to mention having an independent income.

And is there a reason you can't construct proper sentences?

Archived