IGNORED

Morton family tree

alikat

I tried using the search function to work out the Morton/Smith/Wissman family tree, but couldn't find anything that told me who was related/married to who.

Are Lise, Prentiss, Rachel and Kressant sisters? Who is Adeline?

Does anyone else find them hard to keep track of!?

I know the Wissman's are married into the Grady family and the Beasley's, I didn't know they were connected to the Mortons and Smiths aswell?

I was trying to work this out over the weekend... I think I have a bit more of an idea now?

Michael Morton Jr married Kressant Smith

Katie Morton married Alan Smith

Wesley Morton married Rachel Smith

Cleveland Morton married Lise Marie Kendall (?)

Dorothy Morton married Noah Sanders

Adeline Morton

Martha Morton

(and a whole bunch of little Morton brothers (6?) I haven't been able to work out)

So Kressant, Rachel and Alan are siblings who all married Mortons...I had always wondered why they were called S'Mortons...fail. Prentiss is Lise Marie's sister.

The Wissmans aren't connected to this bunch.

Alan Smith married Katie Morton. They have 5 kids, Brett, Ronald, Esther, Wallace, and Anna.

Then during the preparations for Katie and Alan's wedding, Michael Morton began courting, and eventually married Kressant Smith. They have 4 kids, Michael III "Critter", Carlos, Jonathan, and Isabella. They are allegedly expecting # 5 but it hasn't been officially announced.

Cleveland apparently wasn't ready to marry, and was skipped over for the time being.

Some time later Wesley Morton married Rachel Smith. They have 3 kids, Joseph, William, and Ariana.

Then Noah Sanders married Dorthy Morton. They have a son Enoch.

Finally apparently Cleve had found a suitable bride, and married Lise Kendall in a double wedding with her younger sister Prentiss and her husband Chandler Allen. Both couples are now expecting.

Then out of nowhere the youngest Smith biological child, Bethany was engaged and married Danny Lane. They are apparently expecting, but the Smiths are not blogging much anymore and Lanes are not public.

At home still for the Morton kids are Adeline, Martha, Andrew, Sam, John, Edwin, and Paul.

Noah Sanders' older half sister is LL (aka Vitafam), who has seven kids Sam, Ian, Adam, Ellen, Willa, Mira, and Finn. She crosses back and forth between fundie and fundie lite.

A cheat sheet is helpful.

Don't forget the grandparents! The... Morton grandfather (?) married the Smith grandmother (?) in the middle of the Smith-Morton marriages, further linking those two families.

The Lanes don't have a public blog but the kids pop up here and there on everyone else's blogs. Brittany is the only one who's over 18, but there are also at least two younger sisters in their teens, so, more match-up potential.

Alan Smith married Katie Morton. They have 5 kids, Brett, Ronald, Esther, Wallace, and Anna.

Then during the preparations for Katie and Alan's wedding, Michael Morton began courting, and eventually married Kressant Smith. They have 4 kids, Michael III "Critter", Carlos, Jonathan, and Isabella. They are allegedly expecting # 5 but it hasn't been officially announced.

Cleveland apparently wasn't ready to marry, and was skipped over for the time being.

Some time later Wesley Morton married Rachel Smith. They have 3 kids, Joseph, William, and Ariana.

Finally apparently Cleve had found a suitable bride, and married Lise Kendall in a double wedding with her younger sister Prentiss and her husband Chandler Allen. Both couples are now expecting.

Then out of nowhere the youngest Smith biological child, Bethany was engaged and married Danny Lane. They are apparently expecting, but the Smiths are not blogging much anymore and Lanes are not public.

At home still for the Morton kids are Adeline, Martha, Andrew, Sam, John, Edwin, and Paul.

Noah Sanders' older half sister is LL (aka Vitafam), who has seven kids Sam, Ian, Adam, Ellen, Willa, Mira, and Finn. She crosses back and forth between fundie and fundie lite.

I am in awe of you right now. :shock:

I am in awe of you right now. :shock:

LOL, the word document with all the names in order by age and by family is my saving grace. Seriously.

And I always forget the grandparents. :P

I am FASCINATED with the Mortons now. Why didn't I start reading their blog earlier???

I found this post on their old blog that is a good break-down of all the kids, as well as the marriages up to that point:

mortonclan.blogspot.com/2007/06/our-family.html

Only, can someone PLEASE share links of the Morton/Smith Grandparents' wedding? I find no trace of that with whatever poor googling skillz I haz...

Ok I think i found the grandparent's wedding thing......... is this it?

mortonclan.blogspot.com/2007/06/theyre-here-wedding-pictures-of-mr-and.html

I'm obviously going to have to look harder next time before opening my mouth to ask :(

edit to add: I found the engagement announcement of Grandpa and Grandma too:

mortonclan.blogspot.com/2007/06/we-have-grand-announcement.html

Slightly off topic, and not sure anyone would know the answer, but why does Kressant always wear a visor? The latest pics of Rachel's baby girl (which are beautiful pics) show Kressant, indoors, wearing that ever present visor.

Perhaps she has photo sensitivities?

That's a good point; I hadn't thought of that! My first thought was that it was a way to keep her hair off her face. But a hairband would work in that scenario.

Yeah, I don't have any reasoning behind it, but I figure she must have a reason (that it's not a fashion choice). I'm on a medication that gives me light sensitivity and honestly I probably SHOULD get a visor. With all the running back and forth they must do on the compound Kressant probably spends a good amount of time outside.

Guest Anonymous

Just an FYI...I have come across a Morton family that lived in colonial VA while doing my own family tree. I have no idea if there's any relation to Morton family discussed here. I'm tempted to find out though.

Just an FYI...I have come across a Morton family that lived in colonial VA while doing my own family tree. I have no idea if there's any relation to Morton family discussed here. I'm tempted to find out though.

The fundie Mortons are descended from a passenger on the Mayflower (big deal, so am I, though different passenger). If you're descended from the same one, you're probably related in some distant, distant way.

Guest Anonymous

Is the Mayflower part something the Morton's have actually said and did they back it up with any kind of evidence? Is there a link? Not doubting your word, I'm just curious about their family tree. I do have a few Mortons in my family tree, but they are from colonial VA, not the Mayflower/Plymouth branch. My evidence is sketchy at best, but I put it out there anyway as a way to connect with others who can confirm, correct, and work with me on it.

Well, somewhere on their old blog they talk about visiting the town of Morton (GA?) and running into someone who's actually distantly related to them, and talking about family tree stuff, so I assume they've done at least some research. Also on their old blog they take a trip Northeast and visit some graves of ancestors. Actually, that might be on the current blog - try the first posts from the current blog. Pretty sure there's at least one or two names mentioned there. They've never given an ancestry.com link or anything like that, though I think they're actually on there under the name of their farm. If you can't find anything after some searching let me know and I'll see what I can dig up.

Course, the easiest way is to email them and ask them if they think they're related to your branch. They'd probably be interested.

• 2 years later...

So based on the latest post on their blog and digging, the family is looking like:

Alan Smith + Katie Morton = Brett, Ronald, Esther, Wallace, Anna, Elizabeth, and a new little girl

Michael Morton + Kressant Smith = Michael, Carlos, Jonathan, Isabella, Byron, and Fletcher

Cleve Morton + Lise Kendall = Liam and Kendall

Wesley Morton + Rachel Smith = Joseph, William, Ariana, Luke, Olivia

Dorothy Morton + Noah Sanders = Enoch and Patrick

Martha Morton + Tayte Alexander = expecting

And then still at home: Adeline, Andrew (who I believe is courting Kennedy Decker?), Sam, John, Edwin, and Paul

And Bethany Smith married Danny Lane and they have Lewis, Lynnora, and are expecting.

Anyone else have any updates? It seems Adeline has stopped blogging, perhaps. Last post was from Christmas. Maybe she is courting?

You can find the Christmas picture at: mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/

Alan and Katie's new daughter is named Dorothy. lexiloumarie found it on Facebook.

I think Addie has quit blogging :| I hope I'm wrong.

• 1 month later...

Archived