IGNORED

Maybe the Stinking Lousewife is a Women

GolightlyGrrl

The Stinking Lousewife has an opinion piece posted at the US News and World Report debate section. It's on the Violence Against Women Acts (VAWA). Of course, she's against it. Bitches had it coming.

http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/shoul ... authorized

Naturally, her leg humpers come out in support of her. And it looks like Laura was a staff writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer in her younger years. Wow, the Philadelphia Inquirer must be so proud to have employed such a racist, misogynistic, homophobic, classist, xenophophic and hate-filled shrew.

Oh, Laura was also once a cheerleader.

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/201 ... n-and-now/

Furthermore, some conservative activists object to the law entirely, arguing that it does not cut down on—and might even increase—instances of domestic abuse while overextending the federal government’s jurisdiction

This wasn't from TH's article but was from the main one. How do they justify saying that the law will increase examples of domestic abuse? That doesn't make sense to me

Is there a quote or something that proves TH's sex?

This wasn't from TH's article but was from the main one. How do they justify saying that the law will increase examples of domestic abuse? That doesn't make sense to me

Is there a quote or something that proves TH's sex?

I just thought because the piece showed her picture and she said she used to work for the Philadelphia Inquirer, which can be verified.

She and the other no woman are winning in votes, and it's pretty obvious that her minions have down voted the Yes-sayers.

OK Jingers, GO. Vote her down! :twisted:

Also, the photo of her as a cheerleader looks to me like a kid who made a letter, stuck it on her dress (backwards, if you please) and had mom take a photo. I don't think she was an actual part of a cheer squad. This woman is delusional--we know that. Now she's a Revisionist Historian, too!

They justify the law as increasing violence only because reporting has gone up in its wake - the law didn't make the violence increase, it probably just increased reporting and convictions (where before charges would be dropped or offenders set free). Fuckwads

She and the other no woman are winning in votes, and it's pretty obvious that her minions have down voted the Yes-sayers.

OK Jingers, GO. Vote her down! :twisted:

Also, the photo of her as a cheerleader looks to me like a kid who made a letter, stuck it on her dress (backwards, if you please) and had mom take a photo. I don't think she was an actual part of a cheer squad. This woman is delusional--we know that. Now she's a Revisionist Historian, too!

I thought the same thing when I saw the cheerleader outfit. It looks like a half-assed costume.

I wouldn't be surprised there are women who misogynist, or sexist, or think women are one step above apes.

It's these types of women that allows so much abusive practices to go on. It's why there exists Saudi Arabian women who are "thankful" for a system that forces females to suffer adult punishments as children and bestowed children's rights as adults. These same types of women enforce the double standards for their sons and treat girls like second class people because God approves. Religion is a powerful motivator. As long as you can coach your actions in terms of being Godly, people are willing to submit to anything, even their own abuse.

Heck, in this country, plenty of nonfundie women stay with their abuser believing God would disapprove of divorce. I had a good friend whose mother realized a couple of years into her marriage that she wanted a divorce. Her conservative Church disagreed and convinced her it was her Christian duty to stay and be a better wife. She later fled the marriage after two kids, 20 years of unhappiness and a major depressive episode.

We like to think much of patriarchal attitudes are perpetuated by men. However, in most cultures, it's the women who enforce those practices. Women are the ones who teach their sons it's ok to hurt "loose" women. They are the ones who teach daughters their only value is their virginity. They are the ones who allow newly married females to be abused. It's ironic that there are still women today who would use their rights to fight against the very movement that gives them these rights.

Could be, also could be that the pic was reversed for some reason. I developed pictures backwards before on purpose, so that could have happened here.

This may not be the right place for this question, but I noticed something when searching for her first VAWA related post. Is she openly racist, as in whites are God's chose people, racist? Or is she one of those "we're being persecuted because we can't be offensive without getting called on it" racists? In the end, it doesn't matter, I suppose. I was just wondering how insane she actually was.

Thing which always gets me about the Lousewife is she pretends she is the most rational and logical person evar, but all her politics and those of her commenters are absolutely emotion based.

Dharun Ravi was a young Indian man upset by the concept of sodomy who is being bullied for Tyler Clementi's death. He was so devastated by the concept of sodomy he decided to film some?

S/he should stop invoking communist terms and the USSR when s/he has no. fucking. clue what the words s/he use mean. A huge pet peeve of mine, granted, but some of the right wing accusations against communism are pretty much the same as if I said "A central plank of the Republican platform is sex with cows." Bewildering.

Women shouldn't do maths or science as they are too stupid. Yet "her" daughter is very interested in IT, and s/he seems pleased by this. Fucking logic, how does it work?

Men are being thrown out of the military constantly so ebil wimmens can get in. I had forgotten how oversubscribed the military was. *headdesk*

Women shouldn't do maths or science as they are too stupid. Yet "her" daughter is very interested in IT, and s/he seems pleased by this. Fucking logic, how does it work?

I think Ada, Countess of Lovelace and Rear Admiral Grace Hopper would have something to say about that. Some people wonder why we need classes that focus on the contributions women have made to science and other fields - this is why.

I think Ada, Countess of Lovelace and Rear Admiral Grace Hopper would have something to say about that. Some people wonder why we need classes that focus on the contributions women have made to science and other fields - this is why.

Thanks for this! I knew about Ada but not Grace Hopper and was amazed.

I always heard that women were hopeless at maths and I deeply, deeply regret it. It's coloured my whole life. I was programming in Basic when I was eight, Visual Basic when I was in my teens and took C++ courses as an adult (long time ago now). I had offers to take computing as a degree at decent universities, even without maths. But sorrowfully decided I was too thick at maths to do it.

And everyone knows women can't do maths anyway. That's what our maths teacher told the girls in my class when we were ten. He refused on principle to let a girl answer in class, and a girl who was interested in extra maths study, he refused her for the same reason.

This is why I hate the Lousewife and her ilk. How many girls are out there being told "You silly thing! Maths are for boys!"

Thanks for this! I knew about Ada but not Grace Hopper and was amazed.

You're welcome! Wasn't she awesome? :-)

I always heard that women were hopeless at maths and I deeply, deeply regret it. It's coloured my whole life. I was programming in Basic when I was eight, Visual Basic when I was in my teens and took C++ courses as an adult (long time ago now). I had offers to take computing as a degree at decent universities, even without maths. But sorrowfully decided I was too thick at maths to do it.

I'm so sorry. Have you considered taking classes in programming? I don't know if you're in uni now but there may be online courses you could take if you aren't.

I was very fortunate as a girl because my teachers encouraged me in math - I even did competitions in junior high. My parents also encouraged me to explore my interests in science; they bought me a microscope when I was 8 or so. I hope the blogger doesn't hold her daughter back.

Awesome indeed! I can't believe I never heard about Grace Hopper before. Her example could inspire a lot of young women.

I'm not in uni now but have seriously considered doing more academic work and would like to take up programming again. I would like to apply for a Masters in an unrelated subject (it's an aspect of political science) and I have been told I probably will be accepted on the strength of my undergrad dissertation which is on the same subject and my degree. So focusing on that, but hoping at some time to at least try again with programming. I used to love it...

I too hope the Lousewife doesn't hold back her kid. I fear she will, however.

I just thought because the piece showed her picture and she said she used to work for the Philadelphia Inquirer, which can be verified.

I'd love to see someone verify this claim: I suspect the staff at US News & World Report didn't bother.

I'm not in uni now but have seriously considered doing more academic work and would like to take up programming again. I would like to apply for a Masters in an unrelated subject (it's an aspect of political science) and I have been told I probably will be accepted on the strength of my undergrad dissertation which is on the same subject and my degree. So focusing on that, but hoping at some time to at least try again with programming. I used to love it...

I hope you go for it! :-)

I've thought about going back for my master's but I want to get a firmer idea of what I want to be when I grow up.

I'd love to see someone verify this claim: I suspect the staff at US News & World Report didn't bother.

Hmm, I'm curious, too. Philadelphia Inquirer is not some rinky-dink newspaper; it's a major daily.

Archived