IGNORED

What do fundy girls wear in bed?

Daenerys

The nightcap makes a return in this clip, but you also see at least one of the girls wearing a dress (again, who knows if it's staged): http://youtu.be/J2b1uMscilQ

Ugh, this video clip reminds me how much processed food the Duggars eat. Holy crap! Is it really harder to make homemade soup than it is to open 10 cans of processed? Okay, maybe, but the that family keeps the processed food companies in business for sure. Blech.

ETA: And oh my, yes, one of the girls is wearing a polo and a frumper to bed. WTF is that about? I guess it saves on laundry.

Ugh, this video clip reminds me how much processed food the Duggars eat. Holy crap! Is it really harder to make homemade soup than it is to open 10 cans of processed? Okay, maybe, but the that family keeps the processed food companies in business for sure. Blech.

ETA: And oh my, yes, one of the girls is wearing a polo and a frumper to bed. WTF is that about? I guess it saves on laundry.

Homemade soup is one of my most common things to eat because it IS easy (enough) to make, you can make a vat at a time, and it keeps (plus lots of soups you can freeze).

Have I mentioned I'm lazy? Yeah. Plus I just like my soup better (I put enough stuff in it that it's really more like halfway to stew).

Homemade soup is one of my most common things to eat because it IS easy (enough) to make, you can make a vat at a time, and it keeps (plus lots of soups you can freeze).

Have I mentioned I'm lazy? Yeah. Plus I just like my soup better (I put enough stuff in it that it's really more like halfway to stew).

Yep, me too! Soup is also cheap to make, you can control the seasonings, and it's a great way to use up veggies kicking around in the fridge! And I freeze soups, too, for those "go to" meals when I don't feel like cooking.

I just saw all those cans of Campbell's chunky soup on their pantry shelves and thought WOW! Hope they've got a good industrial can opener! Also, all those goldfish crackers. Wowie. With all those kids, you'd think they could put at least three of them on task to just make their own (homemade Cheez-it's aren't hard -- 5 ingredients and voila!).

Found the Christmas bit I was thinking of. Jana wasn't sewing nightgowns like I thought; I was picturing the petticoat. I think she was basically making Little House on the Prairie cosplay for her sisters, because we know they didn't typically actually wear bonnets. http://youtu.be/drgntDB4_-0

I'm big on soup. I also turn my left over veggie soup into chili by adding spices, beans and more tomatoes.

I cannot stomach canned cream soup. It makes a sound when it comes out of the can! Like dog food!

I cannot stomach canned cream soup. It makes a sound when it comes out of the can! Like dog food!

:lol:

SPLUK!

Except for cheap see-through, yuckiness from Wally World, I've never successful found girls nightgowns that cost less than $28-40 a piece. It would have cost me a fortune to outfit her in nothing but nightgowns.

Not even Kohls? I don't like Wally World pajamas, but I have found quality adult pajamas at Kohls and TJMaxx.

It's easy to find reasonable quality adult nightgowns at Target for $10-20. I suppose if one was really into having them for their daughters, it would be simple to take in/hem an XS one. One of my daughters went through a nightgown phase and we found them at thrift stores, which is probably what the Duggars do.

As for sleeping in clothes, a lot of kids wear their siblings' old tee shirts to bed. So I suppose a frumper is no different. I like the fitted jammies because they are safer if a fire occurs, although I would not mandate them if I had a child who liked something else.

Have we ever seen them use that outdoor grill or gazebo in the show?

They acted surprised that the outdoor grill was there. Uh, wouldn't they have ordered it at some point?

Seriously, when my food budget was £10 a week, soup was great for me. It's amazing how good veggies at the end of their shelf life taste when made into soup with some spices, sauteed onions etc. Even tomato soup made with canned tomatoes is better than Campbell's.

Also, I'd imagine a loose adult t-shirt would make a good length for a child's nightgown. When my mum got a lot of promotional t-shirts via her work (eg when a new Disney film was released on vhs) I'd often get them as nightdresses and/or beach cover-ups.

Seriously, when my food budget was £10 a week, soup was great for me. It's amazing how good veggies at the end of their shelf life taste when made into soup with some spices, sauteed onions etc. Even tomato soup made with canned tomatoes is better than Campbell's.

Also, I'd imagine a loose adult t-shirt would make a good length for a child's nightgown. When my mum got a lot of promotional t-shirts via her work (eg when a new Disney film was released on vhs) I'd often get them as nightdresses and/or beach cover-ups.

that's what I always slept in when I was a kid

Archived