IGNORED

Defrauding televangelists

Elle

I am extraordinarily pleased that we do not get this channel where I live. Don't tell Paul and Jan, they think they are seen everywhere.

I remember when I lived in GA they were on yet another financial campaign to buy another broadcasting satellite. They put up a stained glass window in their studio with a picture of a satellite, and Paul said "The Lord spoke to me and told me 'satellite'!" It was so bizarre. And of course Jan was there dressed up in her frilly little-girl dresses with purple and pink hair, dabbing her tears. Later on, they had Jan's plastic surgeon on offering to match some donations. It was an incredible freak show.

Worst of all, the satellite was so they could close their "broadcast to the whole world!!!!" gap, by broadcasting to The Middle East.

Coincidence that there was subsequently a surge in Islamic fundamentalism complete with crazy folks hell-bent on attacking americans? I think not. Watching their show for half an hour made me mildy violence-prone and homocidally enraged [/sort-of sarcasm]

Tammy Faye and Jim at least admitted they screwed up. Tammy Faye seemed like a decent person and she stood up for gay rights mainly because a relative of hers committed suicide after revealing he was gay. Several years Tammy Faye did the reality show The Surreal Life and she was very sweet to other cast members including Ron Jeremy. Tammy Faye and Jim's son Jay also has a ministry and he seems like a great guy.

These people turn my stomach...at least Tammy Faye ended up an open person and honest - these folks, well. As for their network, well, I laugh because Hinn is from Toronto (Don Mills). I must admit that I've been amused by Creflo Dollar (talk about appropriate name) and enjoy Joyce Meyers (although she's been accused of fleecing too)...but would I ever give any of these people cash? Um, no.

I've heard about the Joyce Meyers fleecing rumors. Her reputation did tank a bit after one of her security guards was accused and later convicted of murdering his wife and sons. Some of followers ditched her after that.

I have a weird affection for Tammy Faye. I seriously want to hang out with her, have some wine, go shopping....whatever!

Let us know if that happens. Good luck finding her. ;)

Archived