IGNORED

Sick kids = no free household help

Koala

:evil: Zsuzsu's kids are sick and what is she worried about? Why not having them to help out around the house of course.

two of the three boys are running a low-grade fever and feeling nauseous. Thus, they are in bed resting, drinking Reed's ginger soda, and snacking on freshly fried corn tortillas. (Yes, that's the only think they are able to keep down - beats me!) I am sorely missing the two sets of helping hands.

Stop having babies crazy lady...you've got your hands full enough as it is.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are feeling nauseous and eating oily chips? Interesting approach. Why not, say, take them to a doctor?

The post actually went on to say how she DID have free help though, as some good Christian man came and cleaned her pool for free.

Just what she needs.

They are feeling nauseous and eating oily chips? Interesting approach. Why not, say, take them to a doctor?

Don't be silly. Doctors are reprobates.

You know, for someone whose kids are never sick, her kids sure are sick a lot.

The post actually went on to say how she DID have free help though, as some good Christian man came and cleaned her pool for free.

Just what she needs.

It was probably a guy from the church.2

It was probably a guy from the church.2

I think she said in another post that the "lord" told him to do it. Because in Zsuzsu's mind, cleaning her pool is right at the top of god's list :roll:

Tortilla Chips almost always make my stomach feel better. Especially if I'm eating them with salsa. (Yes, really. My stomach is backwards.)

I expected her to make them help anyways even if they're sick. They'll probably get some crazy home remedy if they get any sicker. She has all those kids because she thinks God says so, so makes sense that they're little more than free labour. If she was sick, I don't think the kids would miss her helping hand, especially when they get a little older and actually are doing everything

Nausea and vomiting does't always require a doctor's appointment right away or even at all. It depends on all the symptoms, the severity, and how long they go on for.

Nausea and vomiting does't always require a doctor's appointment right away or even at all. It depends on all the symptoms, the severity, and how long they go on for.

I have never been to the doctor for flu-like symptoms alone. My mother (a medical professional) was against unnecessary medication, which she believed came from unnecessary doctor visits. She also thinks of medicine as a "back up" for when your body can't fight it on its own. Plus, doctors can't do much for a virus anyway, except make you more comfortable while it runs its course. For most cases, you can wait 24 to see how someone's immune system is doing before deciding how necessary a visit is. My mother isn't the only one. I know a lot of parents who don't bring their children in until day 2, except in emergencies.

When I read things like that, I wonder how much schooling the boys are getting if she misses their helping hands when they are sick. Of course ZsuZsu isn't letting us know if it's just them putting up dishes after dinner or helping her run the household all day that she's missing, but if she misses their help when they are sick enough to comment on it, I'm not hopeful that they are getting the level of schooling they need and that they don't spend their days doing Mama's chores.

But then again, since ZsuZsu is one of the most reprehensible women discussed here, it's easy to believe the worst about her. In my brain she never gets the benefit of the doubt.

I agree. Kids throw up far more easily than adults do, and if they just feel queasy and haven't even thrown up yet, I wouldn't rush them to the doctor, not for a "low-grade" fever and little or no vomiting. I mean, honestly, what's the doctor going to do most of the time? They'll say "It's a virus, I can't help you, come back if they get worse!" and send us home.

I have nothing against doctors or medicine, I just don't feel like wasting everybody's time and making other people sick in the waiting room and on the bus just to hear that they'll recover in a day or so, which I already know.

I have never been to the doctor for flu-like symptoms alone. My mother (a medical professional) was against unnecessary medication, which she believed came from unnecessary doctor visits. She also thinks of medicine as a "back up" for when your body can't fight it on its own. Plus, doctors can't do much for a virus anyway, except make you more comfortable while it runs its course. For most cases, you can wait 24 to see how someone's immune system is doing before deciding how necessary a visit is. My mother isn't the only one. I know a lot of parents who don't bring their children in until day 2, except in emergencies.

If one of my children had recently been sick enough to be in the hospital, I would totally take them in for a minor ailment.

I admit, I don't fuck around with stomach flus. I might jump the gun a bit. I had a kid with a mild stomach flu one day, that night he was in emergency surgery because that mild flu had been appendicitis and his appendix had already ruptured. My doctor is not going to treat unless treatment is needed and he knows I don't want that either.

The oh-so-healthy Reed's soda she specifies still has something like 40g of sugar per bottle. I love it, but I don't buy it that often, and I don't think a sugar rush would make me feel better when sick. I would recommend Ginger People's ginger soother to her, I think even kids would like it. Not that Zsu reads here ;)

If one of my children had recently been sick enough to be in the hospital, I would totally take them in for a minor ailment.

I admit, I don't fuck around with stomach flus. I might jump the gun a bit. I had a kid with a mild stomach flu one day, that night he was in emergency surgery because that mild flu had been appendicitis and his appendix had already ruptured. My doctor is not going to treat unless treatment is needed and he knows I don't want that either.

I don't really blame people either way. Really, I think that when it comes to doctors visits for kids, it has a lot to do with how comfortable the parent feels and whether or not they want a second opinion/instruction on how to care best for their child. If you want to take your kid in for everything, that's awesome! Clearly, you love your kid and are very concerned about their well being. And I honestly mean that, no snark.

However, I also understand the opposite position. If you know how, you may feel comfortable treating run of the mill illnesses on your own or at least delaying doctors visits until it is clearly necessary. What is very important is that you know your limits and that when in any doubt, you seek appropriate care.

Here is where Zsu fails: she doesn't know her limitations. She thinks she is a doctor, when really, I probably have more medical knowledge simply because I shadowed my mother for most of my childhood (ah, life before HIPPA). She thinks far too much of her medical abilities, and therefore she tries to treat things that are way out of her league.

Plus seeking a second opinion would force her to admit that sometimes with children, a parent can miss things that and outsider would easily catch, and therefore having your children evaluated by 3rd parties can be very beneficial. She's really anti-anyone being able to provide something for her kids that she can't, so I have a feeling that she is very personally resistant to doctor visits.

Awe, poor Zsuzy, no child labour to make her day easier. Welcome to real motherhood hon!

I could have written what you just wrote, I agree so much. Unless there are other symptoms indicating go in NOW (like when my daughter was an infant and spent about six hours throwing up and my gut feeling combined with thinking her soft spot felt ever so slightly indented, in which case I had my mother-in-law drive us to the ER and she ended up being hospitalized for a couple days), then I'm a wait-and-see person, though if my gut ever says go anyway, then I do.

If someone isn't sure go in anyway, but I think doctors should spend more time educating parents on when they really need to go in and what to watch for and less time prescribing penicillin for colds just to appease parents (which keeps them thinking a doctor is needed for everything).

I don't know how sick Zsu's kids are or what their medical histories are, but at the least, they need to be allowed to rest without her complaining about being down a couple sets of hands for housework.

However, I also understand the opposite position. If you know how, you may feel comfortable treating run of the mill illnesses on your own or at least delaying doctors visits until it is clearly necessary. What is very important is that you know your limits and that when in any doubt, you seek appropriate care.

Here is where Zsu fails: she doesn't know her limitations. She thinks she is a doctor, when really, I probably have more medical knowledge simply because I shadowed my mother for most of my childhood (ah, life before HIPPA). She thinks far too much of her medical abilities, and therefore she tries to treat things that are way out of her league.

Plus seeking a second opinion would force her to admit that sometimes with children, a parent can miss things that and outsider would easily catch, and therefore having your children evaluated by 3rd parties can be very beneficial. She's really anti-anyone being able to provide something for her kids that she can't, so I have a feeling that she is very personally resistant to doctor visits.

YES! Knowing one's limits can be a matter of life and death. Some people are more skilled in evaluating illnesses at home, whether because of experience or study, and some don't have much in the way of skills and should go in and try to learn. But Zsu wouldn't admit she's ever wrong. She saw nothing wrong with blaming the families of kids who died in a school shooting for sending their kids to a public school. (I wonder what she thought about the community-led Amish school that had that shooting. Those people live far closer to the bible than she ever would.)

I speculate part of her aversions to doctors to the degree she is (I'm pretty adverse to them and only go when really needed, but she makes me look like someone who will run to the doctor over the sniffled) is that she doesn't want to risk a non-Christian doctor curing her kids. It would be harder to claim god led the hand of a doctor who doesn't believe in god.

The oh-so-healthy Reed's soda she specifies still has something like 40g of sugar per bottle. I love it, but I don't buy it that often, and I don't think a sugar rush would make me feel better when sick. I would recommend Ginger People's ginger soother to her, I think even kids would like it. Not that Zsu reads here ;)

Honestly, if a person's sick and can't keep much down, something with a lot of sugar isn't the worst thing in the world for them to have.

I know a lot of people who drink ginger ale to help deal with illnesses. For me, I sometimes drink 7Up or Sprite during stomach ailments and other illnesses. My boyfriend and I don't drink regular sodas that much but we keep a couple of 12 packs of Sprite in case of illnesses.

hey are feeling nauseous and eating oily chips? Interesting approach. Why not, say, take them to a doctor?

They are not OILY chips, they are FRESHLY fried chips. :roll: It bugs me that Zsu feels it is necessary to qualify all of her food choices with unnecessary details, why not just say ginger ale and tortilla chips. That's right, because she has to always think she is better than regular moms who just give their kids Canada Dry.

Archived