IGNORED

Act like men?

fundies_like_zombies

New blog -can't decide if it is real or not.

actlikemenbestrong.blogspot.co.uk

"Firstly, how much education does a homemaker really need? Clearly, women have filled this role throughout history without much else but experience and advice from older women. Education is a good thing, but certainly post-secondary education is far beyond what is required to be a homemaker. It is also reasonable to suggest that learning senior level chemistry, physics, calculus, algebra, etc. at secondary school is superfluous for most people and even more so for the homemaker"

"the real source is in recognising that woman began withthout an independent identity, which is contrary to the modern teaching of being a "strong, inderpendent woman."

"It is hardly imaginable that women under the authority of men in marriage, home, and church, would then be sanctioned to step outside of their place of submission to independently take on the important task of choosing the nation’s leader. The inconsistency is glaring."

“The heart of her husband [bâ'al] trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain.†Pro 31:11 “Her husband [bâ'al] is known in the gates when he sits among the elders of the land.†Pro 31:23

“Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband [bâ'al] also, and he praises her:†Pro 31:28

One wonders how many women’s conversations about being a “Proverbs 31 woman†might be improved if the word “owner†was substituted for “husband†in this passage.

Closely related to the word “ba'al†is the word “bâ'al,†which also means to “rule over,†“posses,†“own,†but most importantly, “to marry.†On the one hand, the term is used in reference to ruling over man,

“ O LORD our God, other lords besides you have ruled [bâ'al.] over us, but your name alone we bring to remembrance.†Isa 26:13

While on the other hand, the exact same term is also applied to marriage"

I hope this is sartire. If not, the fuckery is strong in this one.

(bolding mine)

Suddenly I have had it up to HERE with these sickening fucks out there, always being down on women and coming up with an endless string of reasons to keep women submissive. BAH! Go do something useful with your life you weirdo. The world needs your energy for something constructive!

Also, I bet the women of Biblical times would kick these fools' asses! [/end rant]

(bolding mine)

Actually, the unfortunate truth is that ba'ali, the Hebrew word for husband comes from the word ba'al meaning owner. For this reason, many Israeli women opt to use a different word for husband these days.

For a blog called "Act Like Men", it sure spends a lot of time on women. Telling, no?

Honestly, can't all these people just go bury themselves someplace remote and stop interfering with us sane people? Good lord, they are so obsessed with what women outside their little sphere are up to. What, it's not enough to grind your heel in the necks of your own wives and daughters, you want every man everywhere to do the same?

ETA:

If a man has the right to establishes rules, and his wife is accountable to him, then he also has the right to enforce those rules.
I hope and pray this boy never inflicts himself on a woman. Much misery and abuse would surely follow.

Y'all, I think we have a winner here. Unlike some of the other bloggers that pay twisted lip service to how being a SAHM/D is the only way a woman could be happy, this guy doesn't seem to concern himself at all with a woman's happiness, or safety. It's like he truly hates women and doesn't feel any need to hide/fix this problem. I hope he's not the tip of some horrible iceberg.

I couldn't tell if it was real or just someone trying to make others angry.

Hope there will be some more posts but it looks like it has been a while.

Um, education helps you to develop critical thinking skills and improves your memory. A homemaker needs those skills, just like anyone else.

And if there is any expectation that a woman will homeschool her kids, shouldn't she have an education herself so she can teach her children? You need to understand something in order to teach others properly.

Um, education helps you to develop critical thinking skills and improves your memory. A homemaker needs those skills, just like anyone else.

Yes, but then she'd use that critical thinking to realize this patriarchy stuff is crap. Can't have that, now can we?

Yes, but then she'd use that critical thinking to realize this patriarchy stuff is crap. Can't have that, now can we?

That's true. And I guess that's why you would want to keep your kids ignorant. Easier to manipulate that way.

the real source is in recognising that woman began withthout an independent identity, which is contrary to the modern teaching of being a "strong, inderpendent woman."

I don't have an independent identity? What does he mean by that? Of course, we all have our own indentities. Is it that revolutionary to believe that women have their own hopes, dreams and thoughts? Of course, the site might be a parody but there are some people who really think like this.

Ah...the ever popular notion of keeping her barefoot in the summer and pregnant in the winter rears again it's ugly head.

"Firstly, how much education does a homemaker really need? Clearly, women have filled this role throughout history without much else but experience and advice from older women. Education is a good thing, but certainly post-secondary education is far beyond what is required to be a homemaker. It is also reasonable to suggest that learning senior level chemistry, physics, calculus, algebra, etc. at secondary school is superfluous for most people and even more so for the homemaker"

Throughout history men did without these things as well. Even being able to read was once elite. And throughout history, most women did work outside of their homes. Even if it as working on the farm, they were working, not sitting inside sewing and baking bread.

(bolding mine)

What satire? Ba'al does mean "owner" in Hebrew.

It should be noted, though, that there is a Jewish source (I cannot find it at the moment) that refers to women using the term "ish" (man/husband, just like "isha" means woman/wife) in the future instead of "ba'al".

Throughout history men did without these things as well. Even being able to read was once elite. And throughout history, most women did work outside of their homes. Even if it as working on the farm, they were working, not sitting inside sewing and baking bread.

Hey, sewing is skilled labor! My mom is a textile artist and well-known seamstress; years of watching her have shown me that sewing can be hard work.

what idiots like this don't understand they and their children all suffer if the woman is not educated. this has been proven in third world countries and this is what these fools want to bring back.

What satire? Ba'al does mean "owner" in Hebrew.

I didn't know that, stupidly assumed, and reacted badly to the idea of "ownership" of women. Sorry! Entirely my mistake. :oops: Thank you and Anise for clearing that up.

Edited to clarify that I really just jumped to conclusions, without knowing what I'm talking about.

It's OK. I did not intend to be obnoxious. Aren't old languages fun?

And they give me an opportunity to learn a lot. ;)

what idiots like this don't understand they and their children all suffer if the woman is not educated. this has been proven in third world countries and this is what these fools want to bring back.

I swear, these people see Afghanistan under the Taliban as a model society (except for the Muslim part). Or else they're just too damned stupid to understand that if everyone adopted (or was forced to adopt) their ideas about religion, family, and gender relations, we'd be just like Afghanistan within a couple of generations.

And Ba'al is strangely similar to a God the Israelites were admonished never to worship... so... don't worship your husbands, worship God, if you MUST worship someone!

I swear, these people see Afghanistan under the Taliban as a model society (except for the Muslim part). Or else they're just too damned stupid to understand that if everyone adopted (or was forced to adopt) their ideas about religion, family, and gender relations, we'd be just like Afghanistan within a couple of generations.

scary thought!

When fundies rule the world ............

Archived