IGNORED

Joy D?

Didi

320824_2427255240074_1212340332_3008223_2059630305_n.jpg

299734_2427164957817_1212340332_3008017_1910386385_n.jpg

not sure if this will show up here...

I was on a friend's facebook and looking through all of the pics that people have tagged of her over the years and this one was on there... it's only tagged with her name, but doesn't it look like Joy D?

Yep, that is definitely Joy Duggar. I'm rooting for the girl to leave the cult as soon as she turns 18. The last thing I want is for her to drink more kool aid and turn into like her robotic older sisters. She's way too spunky to follow that path.

She looks so happy in those pictures. Her eyes are full of life. I can see a huge difference between those photos and her on TV.

Definitely looks like her. Do you actually think your friend may have met her, or is it just someone who looks freakishly like Joy?

Yup, that's Joy. And in that first pic, your friend is wearing a Northwoods sweatshirt, so looks like she's been on a Journey to the Heart. :puke-front::puke-left::puke-right:

yeah, they are pics from journey to the heart... there is a group photo too but joy's hair is covering her face

I'm bit uncomfortable with posting photos from a friend's FB, especially as they are not of the friend. While, unfortunately, Joshie's and Famy's postings are fair game, I wonder if we shouldn't leave friends of friends out of the equation.

Gustava - I would too except that they are from a person's fb I am not friends with and the fb is "open" like i am not friends with her but can look at all of her pics... i did think about it before i posted though and as i left my friend's name out and they are on an 'open' page i felt it was ok. if mods think it crosses internet ethic lines feel free to remove them :)

and it just happened both pics of Joy my friend is in them... i think she may have been a leader for Joy's group?

That looks like Joy to me. As she gets older, it's interesting to see how much she's starting to resemble Jill!

I too have noticed that she is staring to look like Jill. I hope she doesn't become smug like Jill though.

Gustava - I would too except that they are from a person's fb I am not friends with and the fb is "open" like i am not friends with her but can look at all of her pics... i did think about it before i posted though and as i left my friend's name out and they are on an 'open' page i felt it was ok. if mods think it crosses internet ethic lines feel free to remove them :)

and it just happened both pics of Joy my friend is in them... i think she may have been a leader for Joy's group?

Thanks Didi. And I'm a major fan of Big Love!

Damn, so she's already been sent to indoctrination boot camp. Must have been late summer after they finished the never-ending book tour. They have one in the fall, but the trees look green and way up in the UP of Michigan, I imagine that would be one of the first places trees would begin to turn.

So we are sure this is Joy and not the look a like from the journey website? In on my phone and cant see there well enough lol

Definitely Joy and definitely a Northwoods sweatshirt and definitely out by the infamous lake. It's a Journey.

The fact that Joy is wearing plaid and not one of those Northwoods sweatshirts gives me hope for her. I'm not sure why. I guess I've never seen shirts like that as feminine (which is probably stereotypical of me, but I'm a straight female and I love plaid flannel shirts) which only says to me that she maybe isn't toeing the gender role line as much as she could be.

Bleh. I was hoping it was her look a like whos picture was plastered on the journey website. Remember when we speculated about the girl in the brown shirt? Well i dont want any girls going there but you know what i mean.

Joy not only looks just like Jill these days, she's beginning to sound (meaning her voice) just like Jill. Eerie, but with so many kids you’re bound to end up with a couple of who share a lot of their genes with each other. Johannah is beginning to look a lot like them too.

Jordyn, on the other hand, still doesn't look like she belongs to them. It may change when she gets older, but for now, vive la différence.

Michelle went to a sperm bank when nothing was happening on the horizon. Or she had an affair with a tlc guy.

The fact that Joy is wearing plaid and not one of those Northwoods sweatshirts gives me hope for her. I'm not sure why. I guess I've never seen shirts like that as feminine (which is probably stereotypical of me, but I'm a straight female and I love plaid flannel shirts) which only says to me that she maybe isn't toeing the gender role line as much as she could be.

Fitted plaid flannel shirts were all the rage... not last fall, but the one before, maybe (or was it the fall before that?). I have one myself, though I also wear a non-fitted flannel that's a relic of my 90's grunge days in middle school. :shock: Anyway, what's weird is that I've seen many fundie girls wearing them. I've even seen "matching" blue ones on the Roberts kids and another family. It sticks out in my mind because I, too, think of it as a less-feminine style (I have a pixie cut, and I always find myself putting on extra eyeliner when I wear my flannel shirt). Of course, I also consider polo shirts to be less feminine, and that's been a fundie staple for years.

Archived