IGNORED

Abuse makes you gay? Fundie logic fail!

Boltingmadonna

I just heard, again, some Catholic fundies blathering about the evils of the gayness. Again, they advanced the theory that being sexually abused will make children gay. Here's how it works:

Boy child is abused by a man: he grows up to be attracted to men.

Girl child is abused by a man: she grows up to be attracted to women.

I'm scratching my head here. How does that work again?

So, if you're abused by a priest, do you grow up to lust after the Pope?

The title of this is misleading. In order for their logic to fail, they would have to use logic to begin with :)

Guest Anonymous

We had a(n otherwise seemingly intelligent) member of FJ spouting a lot of crap about transgender people's gender identity being a product of abuse, a little while back... there is a lot of nonsensical thinking around, sadly.

We had a(n otherwise seemingly intelligent) member of FJ spouting a lot of crap about transgender people's gender identity being a product of abuse, a little while back... there is a lot of nonsensical thinking around, sadly.

We did? I must have missed that. How on earth did they figure that out?

I just heard, again, some Catholic fundies blathering about the evils of the gayness. Again, they advanced the theory that being sexually abused will make children gay. Here's how it works:

Boy child is abused by a man: he grows up to be attracted to men.

Girl child is abused by a man: she grows up to be attracted to women.

I'm scratching my head here. How does that work again?

So, if you're abused by a priest, do you grow up to lust after the Pope?

Wait.. so men like those who abuse them while women run from them? I'm missing the logic there.

Wait.. so men like those who abuse them while women run from them? I'm missing the logic there.

Oh, there's no logic. They can spin any story of abuse to fit their worldview.

Man abused by man: has the power to make him "turn gay"

Woman abused by woman: has the power to make her "turn gay"

Man abused by woman: made him scared of women so that he "turned gay"

Woman abused by man: made her scared of men so that she "turned gay"

I don't what kind of abuse they think causes bisexuality. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

The whole thread seems to be deleted (it was a vile thread, with an FJer outing someone for being transgender) and the FJ perpetrator felt that the transgender person must have been abused, as the only possible 'excuse' for their transgender status.

Guest Anonymous

The whole thread seems to be deleted (it was a vile thread, with an FJer outing someone for being transgender) and the FJ perpetrator felt that the transgender person must have been abused, as the only possible 'excuse' for their transgender status.

Holy crap! :shock:

So let's have women sexually abuse our daughters so boys will lust after the sex who abused them and girls will lust after the opposite?

Holy crap! :shock:

That sounds horrible. :shock: I'm glad I wasn't there for that.

At one time didn't psychologists believe that almost everything was caused by a strong mother and weak father? That type of thinking has been debunked but some older people might still believe it to be true.

Yeah, this is what my parents believe (they don't know yet that they have a gay child who wasn't abused :whistle: ). My dad is pretty hateful towards gay people, but my mom will get all teary thinking about them because they're only gay because they were abused and it's all just so sad. A few years ago our church did a Sunday on gay people, and had two ex-gay people and a therapist talk about the "pattern of abuse" that leads to homosexuality. I stayed home because I knew it was happening and I knew it would just make me mad, but my mom came home with "a heart for homosexuals." (That probably sounds really weird if you aren't familiar with Evangelical lingo, doesn't it?) She's definitely been nicer about gay people since then, but it's still a really terrible attitude.

Oh, there's no logic. They can spin any story of abuse to fit their worldview.

Man abused by man: has the power to make him "turn gay"

Woman abused by woman: has the power to make her "turn gay"

Man abused by woman: made him scared of women so that he "turned gay"

Woman abused by man: made her scared of men so that she "turned gay"

I don't what kind of abuse they think causes bisexuality. :roll:

Hmm I guess bisexuals must have been abused by both a man and woman... or not abused at all... that's the only solution I can come up with! :dance: :roll:

Archived