IGNORED

Theresa of Theresa's Tapestry is pregnant again

silvia

I suspect that after kid #2, Theresa is going to have a change of heart about birth control and maybe read Taking Care of Your Fertility.

Even if you're only 20 or 21, back-to-back-to-back pregnancies aren't good for you.

I suspect that after kid #2, Theresa is going to have a change of heart about birth control and maybe read Taking Care of Your Fertility.

Even if you're only 20 or 21, back-to-back-to-back pregnancies aren't good for you.

I sure hope she does! I really like her and don't want her to feel like a broodmare--unless that's what she truly wants for herself. (Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great book, btw. I especially recommend it to people trying to make sense of irregular cycles.)

Agreed. Sounds like she had to do a whole lot of convincing of herself to get to a point of resignation acceptance at having back-to-back pregnancies. Also feel sad for her simply because her first one's still so young and yet she's looking at his "baby" pictures. How sad.

It actually didn't pay to stuff the quiver too full with arrows. A hunter or archer who did was apt to find himself unable to defend himself because the arrows broke, became warped or were jammed in too tightly to get them out.

This is a good description of the Duggars and Bates and other mega-families - when you jam too many in there it doesn't work.

• 5 months later...

Well, Bea, looks like your prediction has come to pass--Theresa has decided to put the brakes on her fecundity for the time being: theresastapestry.blogspot.com/2012/10/revision.html . I can't help but wonder if we at Free Jinger might have played a role in encouraging her to reconsider her previous stance. In any case, I'm thrilled--both that Theresa is starting to see Quiverfull extremism for what it really is, and that her husband apparently supports her in her new desire to limit her family size. Too bad stubbornly fecund martyrs like Kelly Bradrick can't have a similar 'change of heart'... Although, uh, that multi-post series Theresa says she wrote about birth control 'a few years ago' about which she is now so embarrassed that she can hardly go back to read it? It was actually written just last year: theresastapestry.blogspot.com/2011/02/family-planning-part-i.html and theresastapestry.blogspot.com/2011/02/family-planning-part-ii.html . Of course, it was also written before she gave birth to two kids in breathtakingly quick succession, so it probably seems like it was a lifetime ago.

On a side note, the 'this is what God wants me to do right now' thing you often hear from fundamentalists always seems like such a cop-out to me. That kind of hollow logic can be used to justify almost anything.

I saw this thread title and thought that she was pregnant AGAIN - she just had #2. My heart almost broke for her. So happy this was an old post with an update.

I don't think Theresa was ever on board fully with Quiverful. I think she felt that she had to play a certain role, especially getting married at such a young age. Reality with kids is so different from this idealized image that young fundies have - especially ones like her that dont come from a large family. It seems like they are embracing a more mainstream christianity, and I am so happy for that. Trent seems like a decent, nice guy, and Theresa seems smart. I think that they have a fighting shot at a normal life.

There's a pretty douchy comment from some woman saying basically that Theresa is wrong and that God disagrees with birth control and she's being brainwashed by the ebil heathens. IGNORE HER THERESA, you use that birth control girlfriend!

Archived