IGNORED

Duck Dynasty

Whydoyouask

Just watched the most recent, kept an open mind.

Chuckled at Si: "That's the icing on top o'the iceberg."

LOL'ed at Si being "choked" by the mannequin arm.

Aww'ed when Si talked sense to Willie about Sadie growing up.

Otherwise, pretty tepid tv. Wonder what their ratings are? If still good, I e no doubt there will be an S4, but I won't watch it unless NOTHING else is on. Yawn. Also amazing a show cam ho from 99% wstchable to maybe 10%. JMHO of course.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't figure me out. I have 2 episodes of this and 19KAC on my DVR, and have only watched the Duggar episode from last night and nothing else. Maybe the novelty is wearing off for me?

I can't figure me out. I have 2 episodes of this and 19KAC on my DVR, and have only watched the Duggar episode from last night and nothing else. Maybe the novelty is wearing off for me?

I think that's what happened to me. And yet others continue to delight in it. Mileages vary.

ETA: Seeing the previews for the episode about Jase's wedding ring, my first thought was, yeah, REal HOusewilves of NYC did that last year, the one guy's wife got him a ring.

Then I saw that he loses the ring, and I thougt, yeah, I Love Lucy did that in 1954, Lucy lost her ring.

And then I realized, I'm no longer in the desirable demographic, am I ? LOL ... good storylines get recycled. I'm gonna look at the ring episode just to see if MRs. Jase's jawline has firmed up as much as it appeared to have at the high school football game. If so, and if it's as nicely done as Kay's eyes and chin were, then when I'm at my goal weight, I will include the Robertson femmes' plastic surgeon on my shortlist!!!! :dance:

Me too on the *ahem* firming up. I just got Botox and Juvaderm yesterday -so worth the pain btw- and when it's time to do more I pray I can find someone that good. The ring gag has been done to death. I'll still keep the series on my dvr schedule, but I'll wait until I'm out of books and absolutely nothing is on to watch.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the show. Maybe its because it reminds me so much of my own family. I'm looking forward to visiting Outdoor World and seeing their products next weekend. And I can not get enough of their quotes...Jack!

We spent our Thanksgiving watching this. I was struck by how intelligent the family actually seems. They're pretty well spoken, twanginess aside. So, it turns out that the dad, Phil, went to Louisiana Tech and played football. When he quit his senior year, Terry Bradshaw (yes, that Terry Bradshaw) moved up into the starting QB spot. The dad was a teacher and actually got his Masters. Apparently, everyone in the family, but Si, went to college.

I have been enlightened...maybe I can give this show a chance now. I thought it was another one of those awful reality shows of rednecks that people were getting sucked into. This makes it sound so much less terrible that I should probably watch it lol

Jase, Willie, and their wives, not to mention Phil and Kay, hold absolutely no interest for me.

I'm going to have to come clean, I love me some Si. ;)

I figure in a year or so Youtube will have collected all of "The Sayings of Si", and I can watch them. The show overall? Meh.

Jase, Willie, and their wives, not to mention Phil and Kay, hold absolutely no interest for me.

I'm going to have to come clean, I love me some Si. ;)

I figure in a year or so Youtube will have collected all of "The Sayings of Si", and I can watch them. The show overall? Meh.

I absolutely fell for him all over again when he told Wilie in the dress store, "You raised your daughter right, trust her, now!" I"m sure it was in the script but I wanted to swat Willie when he said, more or less, "Shut up, Si."

To this day, if I have time I don't type or say "ASAP" - I Si it up and say "Double-a-s-a-please!"

Still meh on the rest of the show and the family overall. Whachagonnadew.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read on msn that Willie and Cory are going to the White House dinner this Saturday as guests of CBN's Pat Robertson. I knew they were religious, but that really turns me off. I don't think I can enjoy watching their show if they keep company with Pat Robertson. It makes me feel icky.

I just read on msn that Willie and Cory are going to the White House dinner this Saturday as guests of CBN's Pat Robertson. I knew they were religious, but that really turns mEne off. I don't think I can enjoy watching their show if they keep company with Pat Robertson. It makes me feel icky.

If that's true, it's enough for me - I no longer have to explain why my enjoyment of their show in seasons 1 & 2, and before I read their book, went away.

Just for bits & grins, though, stuff I found so the-opposite-of-entertaining about the Hawaii finale:

The predictable reactions to the sarong. "Willy, you look like a girl." Way to insult females everywhere, whoever said that (and I think it was a female).

Si's shorts and the ladies' warning that he'd be falling out of them. GahROSS. :?

Having to see Phil's hairy back and have him go on and on about how weird a massage is, until he finally got it.

Any complaining about being in Hawaii. You're in Hawaii, you numnuts. H-a-w-a ... never mind.

Endearing/enjoyable things ... Sister JuneBug says that Si's insistence that the Mayans were in Hawaii is spot-on the same as our LateSisterJuneBug used to come up with all kind of "troo fax" - if you say so, Sis ... then that was kind of neat, being reminiscent of our late sis.

Kay falling asleep in the room. I get it. I'm a little younger than she is, and naps are very important. :sleeping: Very restful after a long journey, too, and especially so, when one's napping in Paradise. Which to her credit, she realized and seemed to be enjoying to the full extent of a plump old woman's ability!

But Pat Robertson? Phew. I bet they've contributed to Todd Akin, too. :naughty:

ETA: Pat Robertson, confirmed. http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news= ... f=obinsite

The Neelys?????? :shock: They've never struck me as Pat types.

If that's true, it's enough for me - I no longer have to explain why my enjoyment of their show in seasons 1 & 2, and before I read their book, went away.

Just for bits & grins, though, stuff I found so the-opposite-of-entertaining about the Hawaii finale:

The predictable reactions to the sarong. "Willy, you look like a girl." Way to insult females everywhere, whoever said that (and I think it was a female).

Si's shorts and the ladies' warning that he'd be falling out of them. GahROSS. :?

Having to see Phil's hairy back and have him go on and on about how weird a massage is, until he finally got it.

Any complaining about being in Hawaii. You're in Hawaii, you numnuts. H-a-w-a ... never mind.

Endearing/enjoyable things ... Sister JuneBug says that Si's insistence that the Mayans were in Hawaii is spot-on the same as our LateSisterJuneBug used to come up with all kind of "troo fax" - if you say so, Sis ... then that was kind of neat, being reminiscent of our late sis.

Kay falling asleep in the room. I get it. I'm a little younger than she is, and naps are very important. :sleeping: Very restful after a long journey, too, and especially so, when one's napping in Paradise. Which to her credit, she realized and seemed to be enjoying to the full extent of a plump old woman's ability!

But Pat Robertson? Phew. I bet they've contributed to Todd Akin, too. :naughty:

ETA: Pat Robertson, confirmed. http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news= ... f=obinsite

The Neelys?????? :shock: They've never struck me as Pat types.

It made me want to clear out my recipe file, but you know, I love to eat. Good food transcends douchery :wink-penguin: Surprised me too, though.

ETA Just deleted it off of my DVR. I just can't support that. Shed a tear cause I will miss Si.

laura oz, I'm deleting, too, as soon as my TSU has seen it (if he wants to).

Si's bon mots are memorable enough to stay in memory whether or not I ever see the rest of the clan again.

:lol:

ETA: Tom Brokaw, the news dude, boycotts the Press Correspondents Dinner because it's too full of celebrities du jour .... http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/26/tom-broka ... ps-dinner/

... does this put Pat Robertson in the same category as Lindsey Lohan? Inquiring minds wanna know! :drool:

While I find Jase's deadpan (but clearly scripted) comments sometimes funny, the only character I really like is ole Si. But the preaching and the "happy, happy, happy" and Phil's extreme fear of even appearing anything less than 100% male - old, boring, and not worth my time.

And what is it about old fundie married folk - that they need to shove their overactive sexuality in our faces? To Phil and Kay - if you two still dig each other and like to get busy between the sheets, that's great. But keep it to yourselves! It's a little something I call "having some class." Give it whirl sometime.

While I find Jase's deadpan (but clearly scripted) comments sometimes funny, the only character I really like is ole Si. But the preaching and the "happy, happy, happy" and Phil's extreme fear of even appearing anything less than 100% male - old, boring, and not worth my time.

And what is it about old fundie married folk - that they need to shove their overactive sexuality in our faces? To Phil and Kay - if you two still dig each other and like to get busy between the sheets, that's great. But keep it to yourselves! It's a little something I call "having some class." Give it whirl sometime.

:D :D :D ......get it?

:D :D :D ......get it?

LOL happy, happy, happy, right?

Also, Phil is always mocking yuppies, but his three sons are all yuppies, with beards.

Also, Phil is always mocking yuppies, but his three sons are all yuppies, with beards.

You got it!

:doh: :doh: :doh: I was totally over-thinking that :lol:

Archived