IGNORED

Brandy learning to sew all over again....

Witsec6

themanydailyblessings.blogspot.ca/

She'll be sewing skirts and "Christian shirts" (whatever that means), and yet another "house tour" is on the way (This is our family bed, this is our stockpile of wheat berries, this is our kids' playroom where we keep limiting their access to "ungodly" toys and books).

It will be interesting to see what her fridge looks like again without the pepsi throwback.

Guest Anonymous
Once the house is good and clean, I'm breaking out the sewing machine and getting serious about learning to sew. I want the last bit of clothes I bought {a few skirts for each of us and some new Christian shirts} to be the last I buy for us girls. If I can at all help it.

I wonder what Christian shirts look like.... :)

maybe the "christian shirts" are blouses. a previous entry talks about t-shirts having been made originally for men only. Never thought of a blouse as having any sort of religious view point but whatever.

I have an aunt who lives in a historic house, and every Christmas she participates in a charity auction where she and the owners of two others historical houses auction off a tour of their houses, and up to a set number, like six or something, can go. Last year the high bid was almost $6k. Who the hell pays that much to see the insides of three houses? Anyway, that would be more interesting. She does have a pretty kick-ass custom koi pond in the back yard with expensive hand-raised koi that surface to eat from your hand.

At least she's not charging for the tour of her "Christian" shirt factory.

I wonder what Christian shirts look like.... :)

I have a mental image of a shent made of denim with large gaudy crosses quilted onto it.

I have an aunt who lives in a historic house, and every Christmas she participates in a charity auction where she and the owners of two others historical houses auction off a tour of their houses, and up to a set number, like six or something, can go. Last year the high bid was almost $6k. Who the hell pays that much to see the insides of three houses?

Someone who makes enough money to need a big tax write-off, and who geeks out at historic house tours even harder than I do? :think:

That said, I have no idea what she means by "Christian shirts," but none of the images that come to my mind are very attractive. Clearance corner quilter's cotton? Bleached denim? Lace clown collars? Or maybe a knockoff of Michelle Duggar's infamous go-to garment--the green maternity top? :lol:

I wonder if they make Christian underwear?

She is channeling Candy again, so whatever Candy does or has done, Brandy will do. Again. She did the dresses only pictures. Home tour coming up. A tour of her home binder coming up - oh, can you stand the excitement? I'm sure bible tours are coming and how to homeschool and how to clean and make homemade cleaners.

If this version of them lasts that long. This is blog #3 for the year 2012. She is on about a four week rotation at this point.

I get whiplash thinking of the crazy that goes on in that house; the lack of consistency for the kids; the changing everything on a whim. Jason's newest blog is already gone, and so are both of their new Twitter accounts. It's like watching a fall off a cliff in slow motion. You can't do a damn thing to help the person, but you can't stop watching either and trying to find a way to change the outcome.

I'm so glad she's back! It's just like a country song. :D

Also, did you notice the apology post? She is amazing. No Etch-a-sketch for her.

And, she's getting rid of lots of heathen books. And grinding wheat berries. And putting massive buckets full of stuff in her house to prepare for the apocalypse.

*runs off to pop some popcorn*

This outghta be good.

A home tour? I can't imagine that being interesting unless your home has some cool historic value. These women sure think highly of themselves. If the "Christian shirts" are for a gender issue... do these people think Jesus walked around in slacks and manly plaid shirts and got a haircut every 2 weeks?

A home tour? I can't imagine that being interesting unless your home has some cool historic value. These women sure think highly of themselves. If the "Christian shirts" are for a gender issue... do these people think Jesus walked around in slacks and manly plaid shirts and got a haircut every 2 weeks?

Some of them do.

I figured she meant Christian T-shirts. When I was in middle school I loved crap like these:

apt1133_1_list.jpg

OurApostle.jpg

But I was 12 so I had an excuse :)

Some of them do.

It's amazing how many fundies (and even fundie-lite/quite mainstream albeit conservative Christians) want to make Jesus so uber-manly when it's safe to say the Biblical Jesus doesn't fit their cultural standards of manliness.

I really, REALLY want to comment on her blog about this latest nonsense.

Pretty much anyone can learn how to operate a basic sewing machine, and stitch 2 pieces of fabric together.

Constructing your own clothing, however, takes a LOT of time, and LOT of patience, neither of which she has. I started sewing in earnest about 12 years ago, and I'm still learning.

Those kids are going to end up wearing sacks.

Pretty much anyone can learn how to operate a basic sewing machine, and stitch 2 pieces of fabric together.

Constructing your own clothing, however, takes a LOT of time, and LOT of patience, neither of which she has. I started sewing in earnest about 12 years ago, and I'm still learning.

I've got the breakdown from U Can't Touch This stuck in my head, albeit with the lyrics slightly altered:

Break it down, Stop! It's frumpertime! da na na na na...

I have a mental image of a shent made of denim with large gaudy crosses quilted onto it.

Like Christmas sweaters, only worse!

Yep this. I suspect that the best she will be able to do at the moment is make a quick basic skirt from a yard of fabric; join the edges, hem the bottom, turn over the top and insert elastic. I wonder if she is planning on making frumpers. Lining a sleeveless bodice can be fiddly if you are learning to sew. There are lots of frumper patterns out there like the ones from the King's Daughters, which are probably aimed at novices with idiot proof instructions so she might be OK.

I've been sewing for more than 30 years so I do know what I am doing, I doubt someone who has the attention span of a goldfish like Brandy seems to have is going to be able to read and stick to a pattern, step by step as she will need to. If she can, brilliant. I love sewing and make nearly all mine and my daughter's clothes, you can get something really unique.

I wonder why she's so surprised that she likes Chinese tea and that it's good? The Chinese, um, sorta invented tea. They've got elaborate ceremonies and everything! My husband went to China recently, and the tea he brought home (freebies from the hotel even) is amazing and nothing like the stuff we can find around here.

I wonder what she expected Chinese tea to be like...

I wonder why she's so surprised that she likes Chinese tea and that it's good? The Chinese, um, sorta invented tea. They've got elaborate ceremonies and everything! My husband went to China recently, and the tea he brought home (freebies from the hotel even) is amazing and nothing like the stuff we can find around here.

I wonder what she expected Chinese tea to be like...

I'm guessing she never heard of China's history regarding tea a so she tossed out/ignored/pretended non-existence of everything having to do with it, since that's what she does with things she never learned about and look, she turned out just fine.

Alright, that was very mean and I can't normally snark on her because there is a sad level of pathetic there. I claim exhaustion.

I'm guessing she never heard of China's history regarding tea a so she tossed out/ignored/pretended non-existence of everything having to do with it, since that's what she does with things she never learned about and look, she turned out just fine.

Alright, that was very mean and I can't normally snark on her because there is a sad level of pathetic there. I claim exhaustion.

I think Brandy has convinced herself that price is not an indicator of quality, so she's not missing out on anything when they're only able to afford the cheapest stuff. I seem to recall a post to that effect on one of her old blogs - maybe brandysbrood? Where she wrote about how snobs buy expensive things as status symbols even though inexpensive things are just as good? So, she's surprised when the pricier Chinese tea is actually superior to less costly stuff.

*snicker snicker snicker*

Archived