IGNORED

Legislator Says Women Should Witness Abortions

doggie

Maybe OK, as long as every male past puberty who wants to engage in sex has to witness a vaginal birth, a C-section, and an abortion, AND spend 3-4 months wearing one of those fake baby bellies, then a minimum of 6-8 weeks taking care of one of those newborn dolls that can be programmed to scream and pee and poop (I'd make it a real baby if there were any way to do that). WITHOUT any help or relief. Oh, and he has to successfully keep up with EVERYTHING he's doing (school, work, etc.), remain clean and well-groomed at all times, and STAY SWEET while doing all this.

Isn't it interesting that it's always only females who are subject to all this nonsense, which is always perpetrated by males. I believe it still takes two sexes to procreate?

I would vote yes for that. Then I'd go put my hair in a ponytail, change clothes, go back, and vote yes again.

This is making me wonder what anti-choice people really think happens during an abortion. Do they envision some grisly, blood-spattered-all-over-the-walls operation? I've seen video and basically, it's a woman in stirrups and the doctor is working between her legs with dilators and then the contents of the uterus are suctioned out and that's it. Like 5-10 minutes total.

I think they've been taken in by their own propaganda.

I often wonder this too. I mean really - have they made ANY effort to learn how the majority of abortions happen?

I always giggle when I hear pro-lifers ramble on about its a baby and show graphic images of late-term abortions. I've had two abortions - both at the 6/7 week mark, a blob the size of pea was removed, it took about 2-5 minutes if that, there was no blood, screaming, devil-worshiping, or lightening at any time. The worst part was having your lady bits exposed to a doctor and nurse (although no more awkward then the yearly pap smear). They spew stories of "I had an abortion and I regret it and I'm so sad" for every 1 of those stories there are 1000 more women proclaiming "I'm so glad I did it! (and in my case - twice :dance: )

I'd be interested to watch an abortion procedure just out of my own sciencey curiosity - although I imagine it very similar to lypo-suction or the regular suction device a dentist uses when working in your mouth.

I often wonder this too. I mean really - have they made ANY effort to learn how the majority of abortions happen?

I always giggle when I hear pro-lifers ramble on about its a baby and show graphic images of late-term abortions. I've had two abortions - both at the 6/7 week mark, a blob the size of pea was removed, it took about 2-5 minutes if that, there was no blood, screaming, devil-worshiping, or lightening at any time. The worst part was having your lady bits exposed to a doctor and nurse (although no more awkward then the yearly pap smear). They spew stories of "I had an abortion and I regret it and I'm so sad" for every 1 of those stories there are 1000 more women proclaiming "I'm so glad I did it! (and in my case - twice :dance: )

I'd be interested to watch an abortion procedure just out of my own sciencey curiosity - although I imagine it very similar to lypo-suction or the regular suction device a dentist uses when working in your mouth.

My mom had a D&C at one point for SOMETHING. I can't remember what. But her doc told her it was the same procedure as an abortion and my mom even said afterwards "i'm pro life and I don't see what all the propaganda is talking about, it took 10 minutes, its not like there was gore everywhere".

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I don't know what they think a standard abortion entails. I've never seen one in person, but I have on film.

If you watch the documentary Lake of Fire, you can see one there.

Guest Anonymous
Yeah, it's ridiculous. I don't know what they think a standard abortion entails. I've never seen one in person, but I have on film.

If you watch the documentary Lake of Fire, you can see one there.

A lake of fire is what I'd like to consign these fuckwits to.

Another Republican obsessed with ladybits - only this particular Republican is a woman. Is this the new turn things are going to take? Avoid ebil abortion by going girl-on-girl?

Yeah, I know. Too good to be true.

Yeah, that would definitely violate HIPPA... and I'm certain that allowing non-medical people in the room would require patient consent, which would require the consent of the person having the procedure done.

I'd be willing to share the laparoscopic photo of my cystic ovary if it will encourage other women with uncooperative ovaries to take hormonal birth control as needed. Would the anti-choicers be okay with that or would they just brand me a slut?

I think we should force young people to watch videos of people causing a coneception.

Seriously, the absurdity is beginning to show even to folks on their own team, no?

I think we should force young people to watch videos of people causing a coneception.

Seriously, the absurdity is beginning to show even to folks on their own team, no?

I totally agree! I mean, if we want people to see how evil abortion is, we ought to show them on video. Likewise, if we don't want unwed people to have sex before marriage, we ought to show them videos of unmarried people having sex. That way they can see how ebil it is! :roll:

I don't understand all these ideas that have come up lately from politicians. Who are they to force physicians (and nurses, and assistants, et cetera) to practice a certain way? Because wishing for rules that force women to witness abortions, get transvaginal ultrasounds, and be told about fetal development by their doctors IS telling people how to practice medicine and health care.

I have seen lots of abortions, and lots of childbirths as well.

The childbirth is WAY scarier to watch. There have been times when I've seen tears happening and had to concentrate really hard on not cringing, swearing, or saying OW OW OW OW EEEEWW. Add forceps to the mix, and other interventions when you've got a baby in distress or a mother whose life is at risk, and it is enough to make one swear off sex for good. (I actually had a conversation with a few women in my med class and completely losing one's libido during the obstetrics rotation was almost universally common.

And I am pretty far to the crunchy granola 'birth is a natural experience' end of the medical spectrum. It is alternately amazing and horrifying what our bodies are made to do.

Oh, and also, watching some abortions is what convinced me that I could do them, hahahaha, take that dumb legislator! The early ones are such a simple thing to do, and empowering for the woman. The later ones, while messier, are nothing like the screaming blood splatter crush-and-dismember horror shows that Right To Lifers (of which my parents are card-carrying members) lead you to believe.

Out of all the procedures I've witnessed, a D&C (although for miscarriage) would barely constitute as surgery. Seriously, only those that's never stepped inside an OR would think abortions constitute a scene out of a horror flick. Interestingly, the most blood I've ever seen splattered was during C-sections. Holy smokes, I had to wear surgical boots for those procedures!

I am so sick of all these caveats being put on abortion and birth control. It's to the point that I would stubbornly sit through whatever crap they come up with and get the abortion anyway. I am stubborn like that.

I have seen lots of abortions, and lots of childbirths as well.

The childbirth is WAY scarier to watch.

maybe we should force women to watch a video of childbirth before deciding NOT to have an abortion, it would make as much sense

Archived