IGNORED

Texas State Senator's Fort Worth office firebombed

narcoleption reflux

This happened yesterday, just a few blocks from my house.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/2 ... Firebombed

Sorry if I pasted the link incorrectly, but I am upset for many reasons. I know Wendy and have much respect for her. She is a strong supporter of Planned Parenthood and civil rights. The cops arrested the man who did this, but I am waiting to hear further details. I have some friends who work for the daily in Fort Worth who can give me new info, but it is strongly suspected that the firebomber is a religious extremist.

I wondered why I heard so many sirens yesterday afternoon, but shrugged it off because I live so close to downtown. Then, I got some phone calls from friends, asking me to walk over there. No one was injured, but there was quite a mess.

Mods, if this topic doesn't belong here, please feel free to move it. I just wanted to let everyone know. Some scary stuff is happening in Texas.

If the attacker is someone from the Christian right, the news will not make his religion as as big an issue as they would if he was a Muslim extremist. With the political climate so heated, I'm surprised that we don't hear more of these types of attacks.

The person who set off the bomb is a terrorist and I hope that the news media dubs him one

edited because I can't spell

The latest report states that the bomber is a 40-year-old homeless man who'd been to Wendy's office twice before the attack.

No mention of any religious affiliation. I'm still waiting to hear more from my buddies at the Star-T. Weird thing is, the attack was a few blocks from my house and the guy was arrested two blocks away from my husband's restaurant. He mentioned it to me this morning, and I told him what I knew about it.

Cue Twilight Zone theme.

Archived