IGNORED

Someone is wanting the 'Persecuted by FJ' badge

Sola

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do these people care what people are saying about them and dedicating posts to prove us wrong? Its fascinating to me.

Because we are their enemies...we are persecuting them!

We're told to pray for our enemies and do good to those who persecute us.

Oh well...they are praying for us. There's always that :roll:

Besides, these people have NO clue what persecution even means - and neither do all these people who claim Christians in the US are being persecuted. These people are able to talk freely, blog freely and worship freely, but if you function in the public sphere, online or off, other people are ALSO free to comment on your dumbassery or lack thereof. I feel like a lot of fundies whine about how they're persecuted, but actually mean they're being prevented from persecuting others. BAWWWW.

Oh gosh I'm laughing so hard at her "I am honestly saddened by this intolerance towards Christians" statement. Umm isn't it christians that are trying to make gay marriages illegal, control women's uteruses, disallow BC, cut welfare spending etc..?? Intolerance alright.

but they are doing it with "love" and "the Lord" wants them to...except when they "misunderstand" him. We on the other hand are just a "den of vipers" on a mission from :twisted: :whistle:

Besides, these people have NO clue what persecution even means - and neither do all these people who claim Christians in the US are being persecuted. These people are able to talk freely, blog freely and worship freely, but if you function in the public sphere, online or off, other people are ALSO free to comment on your dumbassery or lack thereof. I feel like a lot of fundies whine about how they're persecuted, but actually mean they're being prevented from persecuting others. BAWWWW.

These self-described persecuted Christians are so annoying and a little disgusting. Over the weekend, I was at a women's retreat and met a woman from Estonia. She married a man from Poland and her FIL was a minister who was imprisoned for six years because he refused to stop conducting church services. He was beaten repeatedly and kept in solitary for much of the time. That is persecution. People calling you out for crazee, hateful stuff that you post on your blog or for beating your kids is not persecution.

These self-described persecuted Christians are so annoying and a little disgusting. Over the weekend, I was at a women's retreat and met a woman from Estonia. She married a man from Poland and her FIL was a minister who was imprisoned for six years because he refused to stop conducting church services. He was beaten repeatedly and kept in solitary for much of the time. That is persecution. People calling you out for crazee, hateful stuff that you post on your blog or for beating your kids is not persecution.

Exactly. And quite honestly, if Jesus is somewhere up there and watching these people cry persecution at every turn, he's probably either facepalming or throwing up. "You think you're being persecuted? Try getting some nails slammed through your hands and feet after being whipped and tortured by a foreign force occupying your country! THAT IS PERSECUTION. STFU."

Sorry, my inner Jesus needed a word.

QFT

"I am honestly saddened by this intolerance towards Christians"

I am honestly saddened by intolerance towards Christians in countries where it is illegal to be Christian. Yay for religious freedom! If you're a Christian in America, kindly STFU about religious persecution!

I was certain once he read them, he would ask me to delete the blog post (which he had approved before I posted)

Hence our disgust with patriarchy.

Poor Cheryl: she tried to use FJ's comments to get through to her abusive husband and he wouldn't even read them....

Sad. I didn't even think of that when I read it.

Whoever made the poster is my hero. Now I must tear myself away from persecuting others, make sure my hair is styled in a worldly fashion, and spend the day presenting my final projects at teh ebil university. Good day. *flounce*

This makes me think of when I first found Bitter But Brilliant, a forum with a section dedicated to criticizing posts on TWOP. At first, I was deeply horrified and almost stopped posting on TWOP. I thought, "Who do these people think they are? I'm just posting on TWOP for fun, why are they making fun of it? Don't they have anything better to do with their time?"

Then, as I read their comments, I began to think, "Well, makes sense. Oh yeah, it's annoying when people do that. I never thought about it that way before, they have a point." As a result, I thought more carefully about how I wrote my posts, because I want to add to the dialogue on a topic and not detract from it. A thoughtful person, when faced with criticism, thinks about whether that criticism is unwarranted or whether it has merit and changes their behavior accordingly.

Because I am a snarky b*tch and this woman rubbed me precisely the wrong way, I left the following on her blog. We'll see if she lets it stay up.

Susan,

Let me tell you something. You don't know what it means to be persecuted. I've had flyers with my face and, underneath, in big letters, "RELIGIOUS BIGOT" plastered around the neighborhood where I lived by a notorious space-alien cult. These same cultists showed up in front of my house on two separate occasions, again with the RELIGIOUS BIGOT signs and proceeded to picket. Did I think I was being persecuted? H*ck no. It was expected--because I'd flown out and picketed the cult's headquarters in Florida.

When you sit here and talk about taking rights away from people on your public blog, and you get an expected reaction from those who you would impact, then you can't complain about persecution. You really can't. What you are instead experiencing is a reasonable and expected consequence of your actions. If you don't want to be snarked on, then may I suggest you take yourself private? However, if you do so, you won't be able to promote your worldview as the only right one.

I've read about real persecution (may I suggest the Acts of Perpetua and Felicitas) and what you and your fan club experience on a daily basis are nothing, absolutely nothing by comparison. Moreover, you are not being persecuted when the law fails to impose your religious views on the rest of us. You are still free to follow your religious beliefs without the fear of the law hanging over your head--and by that presumably be a better example to us horrible heathens out there.

Regards,

(signed by moi with my real name)

Honestly, if they'd stop beating their kids, I think they'd see a lot of the heat go away. Because taking plumbing line to your kid is now and always will be abusive. There is simply no getting around that. Throw in the gut-churning "reconciliation" nonsense, and it's physically AND emotionally abusive. It can't be anything else. Doing it "out of love" doesn't make it not abusive. There's nothing else to call it. That's not persecution. That's just accuracy.

And please, no one called CPS because your AC wasn't working. I've noticed in my short time here that fundies tend to have rather selective memories.

Because I am a snarky b*tch and this woman rubbed me precisely the wrong way, I left the following on her blog. We'll see if she lets it stay up.

May I applaud you :clap: ...I detest the cult you're talking about with a passion. Wish they'd have their IRS religious exemption revoked.

I have no idea and it sounds like she is leaving out a lot of the story.

I'm on my lunch break, so I'll look around more later but this was the only thread on the old site that I could find that talked bout heat waves and air conditioners.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/2633/K ... A-C?page=4

On the fourth page (which that link brings up directly), there was a commenter on Kim @ LIaS's blog who talked about her baby having heat stroke or something like that while in his crib during a heat wave. I'm wondering if that's our mystery commenter.

It's not intolerant to be intolerant of intolerance. That being said, I don't know anyone here who cares if Christian women choose to cover their heads or wear only dresses in-and-of-itself. Personally, my issues lie is completely different areas- are they covering their heads and wearing dresses because they believe modesty will protect them from violence (thus perpetuating the belief that rape is causes by what the victim wears) Are they teaching women and girls to be ashamed of their bodies? Are they teaching men that they have so little willpower that a bare ankle is a danger to their salvation? Are they trying to enforce strict gender stereotypes and denying their daughters the ability to do (and be) anything their sons can?

This. I was just talking with my 'headship' last night about the princess glittery pink issue. I said something like, "On the one hand, I don't like what a lot of that stuff represents, the helpless princess deal, but on the other hand, I like pink and glittery stuff and I don't want kids to think something is less valuable because it's perceived as girly." He replied, "Well, it's like you just said - is it just something that's pink, or is it actually representative of a patriarchal mindset or something along those lines? It's just that most people decide "Well, I like this" or "I don't like this" without thinking through the reasons behind it."

Likewise, I don't necessarily think jeans on teenage girls are always a superior choice. It's that they have the freedom to wear them without being told that it makes them less of a woman or that it's going to get them physically harmed that I care about. It's that a 10-year-old girl doesn't have to worry about being sexually enticing to grown men that I care about.

The Badge of Persecution is from a while ago. Someone else gave the idea for the text, and then it just seemed too useful not to make. ;)

From one of the posts on the thread that Valsa linked to:

"One of Kim's followers posted a comment in which she asked Kim how to keep a baby safe in an un-air conditioned home.

She mentioned that she didn't run the a/c, and the baby apparently had a heat stroke or some major health incident while in its crib during the heat wave. The loyal follower seems fairly nonchalent about it, mentions that the baby is her 5th child and commented, "I truly thought the baby was dead". The baby had to stay in the hospital for a few days. Kim, always so medically wise, tells the loyal follower she's certain it wasn't heat related. "

Even on that thread, some people defended Kim so I'm not certain if this is the same person.

Because this post can't be quoted enough. I don't think there is a single FJer denying that there are Christians in this world who are persecuted. There are and it is a terrible, terrible thing. But are they being persecuted in this alarmingly close to being a theocratic country? Not so much.

Archived