IGNORED

Someone is wanting the 'Persecuted by FJ' badge

Sola

http://susangodfrey.com/ Not breaking the link because she knows about us and is chomping at the bit to be persecuted by us.

Found her via Tabby. Apparently, according to the comments, the Lord 'laid it on her heart' to call us out. Methinks she is just impatient for the FJ Persecution badge.

So listen up lady; if you are espousing the beating of children, allowing your husband to walk all over you, denying girls an education and doing it in the name of any religion, then FJ will get to you in due course.

Take a ticket. Sit down over there.

There are many fuckwits in the world and only one FJ. We'll get to you eventually.

Your patience in this matter is much appreciated.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Gosh, I remember Susan Godfrey from years back when I first discovered fundamentalist Christianity. I found her fascinating when she used to write about homeschooling and yard sales and canning vegetables and all.

That post is really funny, as are the comments:

After reading Tabby's blog today, the Lord really laid it on my heart. So, I had to write what I felt. I am honestly saddened by this intolerance towards Christians. All I guess I can really do is stand up for my convictions and faith no matter the consequences. (I miss your blog too!)

Blessings!

Susan

I wonder what 'consequences' is she expecting....? Daft apeth... :lol:

Apparently, we have had run-ins with Susan already, according to her comment on Tabby's blog :think: :

Susan GodfreyMar 20, 2012 04:13 PM

AMEN dear sister! I have had run ins with this same group of folks. It is absolutely awful how they attack others who believe differently than them. I wish that whole site would just disappear from the internet. They scream and holler about how intolerant Christians are, but they are worse and they are flat out just a bunch of hypocrites who need to get a life. I'll be praying for you!

Blessings!

Susan Godfrey

I’m amazed at how worked up these folks can get over the fact that a Christian woman CHOOSES to cover her head or wear dresses only. Do these folks honestly have nothing else to do? So, all I can say is please, if you are going to preach tolerance, then please live your life in a tolerant way.

It's not intolerant to be intolerant of intolerance. That being said, I don't know anyone here who cares if Christian women choose to cover their heads or wear only dresses in-and-of-itself. Personally, my issues lie is completely different areas- are they covering their heads and wearing dresses because they believe modesty will protect them from violence (thus perpetuating the belief that rape is causes by what the victim wears) Are they teaching women and girls to be ashamed of their bodies? Are they teaching men that they have so little willpower that a bare ankle is a danger to their salvation? Are they trying to enforce strict gender stereotypes and denying their daughters the ability to do (and be) anything their sons can?

I will be tolerant to your beliefs if you can be tolerant to mine.

Deal. I will not support or vote in favor of any laws that would prevent you from covering your head and wearing only dresses. In fact, I will condemn them. In return, I expect you to not support or vote in favor of any laws that would prevent me from getting an abortion or marrying another woman.

It's not intolerant to be intolerant of intolerance. That being said, I don't know anyone here who cares if Christian women choose to cover their heads or wear only dresses in-and-of-itself. Personally, my issues lie is completely different areas- are they covering their heads and wearing dresses because they believe modesty will protect them from violence (thus perpetuating the belief that rape is causes by what the victim wears) Are they teaching women and girls to be ashamed of their bodies? Are they teaching men that they have so little willpower that a bare ankle is a danger to their salvation? Are they trying to enforce strict gender stereotypes and denying their daughters the ability to do (and be) anything their sons can?

Deal. I will not support or vote in favor of any laws that would prevent you from covering your head and wearing only dresses. In fact, I will condemn them. In return, I expect you to not support or vote in favor of any laws that would prevent me from getting an abortion or marrying another woman.

^ This. In fact I might just steal that and post it there.

Aw, valsa is a treasure. Too right, calling Kirk Cameron a douchebag is not the same as splitting his marriage after it's occured and telling him it was never an equal relationship to other marriages, anyway.

The only thing I'd add is her 'they don't say it about Muslims' thing: honey, show me a homophobic Muslim and I'll decry them as homophobic; show me a homophobic atheist and I'll roll my eyes just as hard at them.

:D That's an excellent response.

Lol. Let's see how long it takes her to delete Sola's comment out of "tolerance". Den of vipers . . . hahaha. I love how The Lord takes time out of his busy schedule to personally "lay in on their hearts" that they should write a stupid blog and whine at people who call them out on the stupidness. No wonder he has no time to help the homeless and starving children!

It is absolutely awful how they attack others who believe differently than them.

Yes isn't it? Absolutely awful how they attack others who believe differently from them . . . (Tennessee anti-evolution bill, Personhood bills, anti gay marriage bills . . .) I mean they NEVER attack people who believe differently do they?

Oh wait. I forgot. They can attack us, because they are RIGHT. Stupid of me not to realise.

I wish that whole site would just disappear from the internet.

Matthew 5: 22

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Well if we are thither bound, then she certainly is!

Looking forward to meeting you in the fiery pit, Susan, my dear. In fact, I can envisage a little Sartrean Huis Clos hell for you - one atheist Lesbian communist, one fundamentalist Muslim male, one white supremacist Quiverfull evangelical female . . .

. . . for eternity, just think about it.

And all because, Susan, you were not charitable in your speech to your fallen sisters and brothers.

To Susan, when have we ever said that we were tolerant? I am not. Bigotry, homphobia, misogny etc will be called out on this site. Because I treat Christians as equal to everyone else, they will come under the same scrutiny that I give nonChristians. Her problem is that her beliefs are not treated as special and above criticism.

Most people on this site make the point of writing that they aren't speaking about all Christians. There are many Christians who consider their faith private and don't try to impose it on others. In general, I leave them alone because they aren't doing anything to impose their views on my life.

As far as her beef about us not attacking Muslims...I know little about Islam. The main religion in my country is Christiantiy and some members of that religion are trying to prevent others from having the same rights as the majority. I discuss what effects me the most. However, we have covered some incidents by Islam. Like with Christianity, we don't criticize all Muslims because we know that most Muslims are decent people. We only call out those who are bigoted or homophobic just like we do with Christianity.

Who is this commenter? I don't recall her.

There are women on this forum that wear long skirts, have several kids and use a headcovering.

bravo to you for calling out free jinger! you are so right about them being such a den of vipers. i became aware of them last year after they suggested i have my kids taken away from me because i had complained on facebook about the heat wave and how my air conditioner had broken! the landlord fixed it but why on earth would you suggest that? did i act like i like it and thought it was ok? NO! and why was i on their radar? because of my screen name and the fact that i was in a public group !

as you said- why do you even care that i wear a headcovering? or any of the other things i do? do i force you to ? no! and even if act superior - which i don't believe i do- why can't you simply not read my blog? there are plenty of sites i don't like- i simply don't read them.

actually we should feel sorry for them, since they have nothing better to do with their time than belittle others or make nasty comments.how sad!

actually we should feel sorry for them, since they have nothing better to do with their time than belittle others or make nasty comments.how sad!

False pity. Always so new, always so refreshing.

Cheryl (Treasuresfromasoebox) commented:

The Free Jinger people are some of my most faithful followers (lol). The first "attack" I admit freaked me out. I honestly never knew there were people out there combing the web in search of "fundies" (as they call us) to make fun of and criticize. I've "made it" on their site a few times and have been the recipient of some really nasty comments, but the thing about them that is so striking is how COWARDLY they are. Seriously! Try to follow their accounts back to answer them and you'll see it leads no where. They hide behind fake names and accounts and leave FB messages transiently, so they cannot be found out. During this last "attack" (for lack of a better word), I received many emails condemning my husband and calling him psychotic. I turned on my comment moderator and refused to give them a say on my blog. I did keep the emails to show to my husband that evening. I was certain once he read them, he would ask me to delete the blog post (which he had approved before I posted). When I told him about the comments he simply said, "Just delete them. I don't have any interest at all in reading what those people have to say." Just. Like. That. (My man is a WISE man!) After I began receiving the latest emails, my fourteen year old daughter wrote this for me: "If you're not being persecuted, you're not a Christian." ~John Wesley. So how does Jesus tell us to handle "persecution"??? "Rejoice! And be exceeding glad; for great is your reward in heaven!" Praise the Lord that you are counted worthy.

:D Consider my day made.

Attack= It doesn't mean what you think it means Cheryl. Attack is what your husband did to your dog.

Persecution= What you both did to your daughter.

I don't think we're intolerant per se, we're pointing out how under covers of Christianity, those fundamentalists are intolerant and have deleterious effects on their innocent children and sometimes on other people in their family.

I like this comment:

thank you so much ladies, for your kind comments about my blog. it took a little bit but my son was able to recover my name- i had paid for the dot com so.... and i put it back up! i believe i misunderstood the Lord. when i closed it.

:lol: :lol: Love it! Now that they are praising her blog she realizes she "misunderstood" the Lord. :clap:

Guest Anonymous
Cheryl (Treasuresfromasoebox) commented:

Poor Cheryl: she tried to use FJ's comments to get through to her abusive husband and he wouldn't even read them....

Who is this commenter? I don't recall her.

There are women on this forum that wear long skirts, have several kids and use a headcovering.

I have no idea and it sounds like she is leaving out a lot of the story.

Here's another one:

Great post, Susan! You hit the nail right on the head too...they're intolerant. And have way too much time on their hands to stalk people they don't know, read what they want to in the posts they write, and spend hours talking all sorts of garbage based on whatever they've read into those posts.

It hasn't been easy, but I've added everyone who frequents that site as a whole into my prayers. They need TRUTH, like you said.

Because someone reading (and disagreeing) with your very public blog is totally stalking :roll:

Here's another one:

Because someone reading (and disagreeing) with your very public blog is totally stalking :roll:

A blog that they put up for people to read. :roll:

I commented on her claim that FJ should stop being so intolerant towards her beliefs since she is apparently the epitome of tolerance towards the (differing) opinions of FJ. wtf?

Why do these people care what people are saying about them and dedicating posts to prove us wrong? Its fascinating to me.

Oh gosh I'm laughing so hard at her "I am honestly saddened by this intolerance towards Christians" statement. Umm isn't it christians that are trying to make gay marriages illegal, control women's uteruses, disallow BC, cut welfare spending etc..?? Intolerance alright.

Archived