IGNORED

3/20 Duggar Episode - Joy aint no baker!

Buzzard

My husband is an awesome cook! Even now with me staying-at-home he typically cooks at least once a week plus on the weekends. Also his meals normally result in leftovers that I just have to reheat other nights of the week. My son loves to cook as well although he's only two his favorite toy is his pretend kitchen and he gets upset when there is a meal that doesn't have much that a two-year-old can do to help. We joke about how it's only a matter of time before my husband teaches him to cook better then me and I'll be off the hook.

I thought the whole "boys going off together" thing was fine. When I was growing up my dad did Indian Guides and Indian Princesses with my brother and me. If there had been multiple kids in my family of the same gender we would have gone camping or to the science center or whatever together. Jimboob did take the older girls out for something similar a couple years ago. Poor Josiah being shoved out of the way by his father. I think that sums up how Jim boob feels about Josiah pretty well. I also laughted at the getting the boys ready without the girls' help. Really you can't get a eight year old and a seven year old ready? I'm going to assume the boys over ten could get themselves ready. Especially since you know a J'slave packed their luggage.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They did that?!

YES! :bow-yellow:

I can't wait to see a clip of that! I really think TLC is starting to show the nasty side of the Dugars.

I had the same thoughts about the handling of their miscarriage. No exploitation angle whatsoever. I can only assume Jen and Bill have some editorial control over TLC, because it will exploit any tragedy it can get its hands on. In the case of the Duggars, of course, were only too happy to cooperate in order to further their anti-choice agenda.

And I’d just like to add that Jen is the coolest, most down-to-earth reality show personality I've ever seen. Stay golden, Jennifer.

AMEN! Bill and Jen put all of these people to shame. IIRC, they have a "mixed" marriage (Christian/Jewish, though Jen MAY be Jewisn(?) and no one blew a gasket. Why? Because they were ADULTS with CAREERS who made their OWN decisions about marriage. Melanie Maxwell is about 35, right? Jen's about 37-38. Look at the difference in their lives. One suffers horribly to do the one thing that women are honored for in their culture; Jen has challenges far greater than Melanie, has suffered the loss of her own embryo, wants to try IVF again as well as try adoption of a LP, and still manages to go on with life and her career with BABIES.

You go Jen. She's worth a billion of these fundie women.

I can't wait to see a clip of that! I really think TLC is starting to show the nasty side of the Dugars.

Boob is really a nasty piece of work.

Have the Duggars ever heard of EMERIL? or the guy on 'Cake Boss' or 'Hells Kitchen' All male chef's.

FWIW I'm not sure my convection oven attempts would be that great. I'm more of a microwave gal most days. However I can use a traditional oven as well.

Timing for the laser tag retreat confirmed at the Fort Rock website:

http://www.fortrock.org/news/

So it wasn't a "weekend retreat" as they claimed, but a mid-week jaunt, just a couple of days before the big doctor's appt. where all hell breaks loose. Ironic that they didn't mention Mullet's pregnancy AT ALL. Yes, it was a boy's episode, but it would have located the audience (who knows everything already anyway) in the timeline. Why lie and say it's a weekend retreat?

Further digging into that link reveals that Boob saved hundreds by being the featured "guest" at the retreat. [insert your Boob is so cheap joke here]

Marmalade = Nancy Drew

Way to go snark sister! Every time they open their mouths I just assume they're lying or distributing events. Makes stomaching them much easier. I wonder if they ever feel any guilt lying for the lord...

I love how the camera got a glimpse of JB throwing out his paper plate. Stealth tip of the hat to us, plus there were no women around to do the cleanup. I also liked how JB's strategy of 'the big shall dominate the little' in lasertag totally backfired on him. No wonder all of his political strategy sucks.

You know, not everyone has a 3 deck convection oven in their kitchen. I wouldn't know to turn it down 100 degrees if it had been me at 14. I'd cut her some slack.

Timing for the laser tag retreat confirmed at the Fort Rock website:

http://www.fortrock.org/news/

So it wasn't a "weekend retreat" as they claimed, but a mid-week jaunt, just a couple of days before the big doctor's appt. where all hell breaks loose. Ironic that they didn't mention Mullet's pregnancy AT ALL. Yes, it was a boy's episode, but it would have located the audience (who knows everything already anyway) in the timeline. Why lie and say it's a weekend retreat?

Further digging into that link reveals that Boob saved hundreds by being the featured "guest" at the retreat. [insert your Boob is so cheap joke here]

Interesting. And not surprising.

Of course, the trip easily could have ended up costing the bastard a pretty penny in hospital co-pays and deductibles had he actually managed to smack Josiah's head against that tree and fracture the poor kid's skull.

There was also a commercial for Arby's in the segment before they ate there. I only caught that on the repeat (after all the boards went down and I was pretty much forced to watch TV since my eyes were too tired to read).

My favorite Duggar moment EVER:

The scene airs right after an Arby's commercial for Rueben sandwiches

Jim Bob: "And I'll have one of your Market Fresh Rueben sandwiches!"

*Shoot to JB taking a bit of sandwich and a big smile for the camera*

Boob did offer the excuse that she doesnt get much practice because of her older sisters and MOTHER (I call bullshit!). He also said that as SOME OF THE OLDER GIRLS GET MARRIED she'll get more practice.

Oh, Boob's still pretending like he's going to let the older girls get married? How cute. Between him wanting them there for the show and Michelle wanting them there so she doesn't have to lift a finger, who knows when they'll get married.

I haven't watched their show in a long time, but if one of the girls started courting, I might tune in for a wedding episode.

Archived