IGNORED

"Birth Control is for Sissies" shirt

FakePigtails

Is that the surgery that's described on Wikipedia here?

Though surgery is not commonly performed, the polycystic ovaries can be treated with a laparoscopic procedure called "ovarian drilling" (puncture of 4–10 small follicles with electrocautery, laser, or biopsy needles), which often results in either resumption of spontaneous ovulations[37] or ovulations after adjuvant treatment with clomiphene or FSH.[citation needed] (Ovarian wedge resection is no longer used as much due to complications such as adhesions and the presence of frequently-effective medications.) There are, however, concerns about the long-term effects of ovarian drilling on ovarian function.[37]

Well I feel absolutely cheated. Why did my doctor "throw birth control pills" at me instead of telling me about an invasive, expensive surgery with unknown long-term effects? As for the risk of breast cancer, going off the pill won't get rid of me being an Ashkenazi Jew--another risk factor.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FakePigtails

• Minerva

• GeoBQn

• Wolfie

four months to me does not mean you're necessarily obviously pregnant. I know when I was four months along I more looked just like I'd put on some weight then having a really pregnant look.

At four months, I looked like one of those stripper whores with really big boobs. At nine months, I looked like...one of those stripper whores with really big boobs. :lol: Seriously, my gigantic boobs engulfed my tummy. I ran into someone I hadn't seen for a while two weeks before my due date, and she was gushing over how excited she was, she'd just found out the baby she was carrying was a girl, etc. I said, "Oh, how wonderful! We're having a boy, I'm due on July 5th." She gave me the biggest WTF ARE YOU CRAZY look I've ever seen, and then I pulled my shirt back tight against my body. She actually gasped and said, "You can't even tell!" :lol: Kid was all up in my ribs anyway.

So for some women, there's NO obviously pregnant.

I wonder how they'd feel about that shirt I have at the very bottom of my tshirt drawer...the one I haven't worn in about ten years. Disclaimer* I used to be RAPIDLY child free and pretty much an asshole about it. Ah, young and dumb. Anyway, I did actually wear this shirt a few times, but the overwhelming response was so negative I had the decency to stop. For some reason I haven't gotten rid of it. Anyway, it says: Abortions Tickle and I got it from tshirthell.com. Ah, here it is http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee27 ... g&newest=1

Wonder how they'd feel about THAT shirt?

She's a peach.

My kids asthma medications and my daughter's epi pens are covered by the insurance. We bought an nebulizor for $50 8 years ago for DH and it's still working - online I've seen basic models for around $50 some as little as $35. I restock the tubing once a year [for all 3 now since they all have one] meds are covered.

Her house seems nice are they really running so short they can't buy gifts and meds? Shouldn't the meds have been budgeted out or don't they have emergency funds for shit happens?

Her house seems nice are they really running so short they can't buy gifts and meds? Shouldn't the meds have been budgeted out or don't they have emergency funds for shit happens?

That confused me too. I feel like it was her way of getting pity. "Our poor children didn't get Christmas gifts BUT at least they have their brother"!!! I also find it odd that they couldn't scrounge up a little extra cash to get one or two gifts for each child yet she now is buying decent bras and dress shoes for the kids at the mall. Now I'm all about buying my son decent shoes for tennis shoes but for dress shoes I go for the cheapest ones that I can find while still looking decent. Sometimes he might only wear a pair a couple times before he out grows them. Of course we're heathens who only sometimes attend church.

I'd rather be a sissy if it means actually loving my child enough to not want to have more than we can afford so that our resources are spread so thin that none have all they need.

Also Christians and Catholics who claim to be oppressed can shut the fuck now.

Liam went into anaphylactic shock a few months ago, brought on by an as-yet-unknown allergen. I spent eight hours with him at the hospital, talking with doctors and nurses about the ingredients in what he ate and trying to identify the culprit. I was trained to use an EpiPen, and the hospital gave us a prescription for two with strict instructions to keep it with Liam, always.

We didn't have insurance then. The EpiPens cost us $280 dollars. You didn't see me barreling into a Congressional hearing to demand free life-saving medication for my son. No, the Ogre and I did what responsible adults do. We used money we had set aside for Christmas presents to pay for the necessary medication. Our kids didn't get gifts from us this year. They didn't notice, either, because they got plenty from their grandparents and aunts and uncles. If they had noticed they would have been disappointed, but the Ogre and I would have let them know in no uncertain terms that their brother's life is worth more than any gift.

Guess what else you can do to prevent pregnancy? Close your damn legs. Hold an aspirin there if that what it takes, and go ahead and call me a misogynist all you want. This medication that women are demanding for free is completely unnecessary. Completely. Guess what's not unnecessary? Being able to breathe. You can prevent pregnancy by the simple expedient of not having sex. You can't prevent an asthma attack that easily. Nor an allergic reaction, especially when the allergen is unknown. Inhalers and EpiPens and insulin and heart medication save lives. Birth control absolutely doesn't. And it makes me furious that our government and our culture value their sex lives more than they value the life of my child. The HHS mandate is an insult to the American people, and any rational person would see it as such.

Gee, universal healthcare would take care of the issue of life saving drugs, no? You would not have to scrimp, save, and scratch by to get the meds you/ your child needs. They would be available for free or extremely low cost and available to all, so no worries! If this dipshit actually did give a rat's ass about people's life saving meds, she would be all for universal healthcare.

~signed the mom who spent over $200 a month for her kid's meds while uninsured and almost lost the house.

~signed the person who works for pharmacy insurance who has to hear every day, all day "I can't aford that! What am I supposed to do now?"

Holy shit. My fiancee (and I, for several months) used to live like two houses down from this dipshit.

STREAMS CROSSING. This feels so weird. Also I want to slap her across the face.

Observe this motherfucking crap:

from barefootandpregnantblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/some-medicine-is-life.html

So, she's having an unlimited number of kids because "birth control is for sissies", yet she's raising them without insurance...and patting herself on the back for doing the responsible thing? :doh:

Guess what else you can do to prevent pregnancy? Close your damn legs. Hold an aspirin there if that what it takes, and go ahead and call me a misogynist all you want. This medication that women are demanding for free is completely unnecessary. Completely. Guess what's not unnecessary? Being able to breathe. You can prevent pregnancy by the simple expedient of not having sex. You can't prevent an asthma attack that easily. Nor an allergic reaction, especially when the allergen is unknown. Inhalers and EpiPens and insulin and heart medication save lives. Birth control absolutely doesn't. And it makes me furious that our government and our culture value their sex lives more than they value the life of my child. The HHS mandate is an insult to the American people, and any rational person would see it as such.

Let me get this straight, she thinks there are people out there who think birth control should be free but think inhalers and epipens shouldn't? What twisted reality does she live in?

Though if I wanted to be as callous about asthma as she's being about family planning, I could say that all people with asthma have to do is never leave their houses and then inhalers would be unnecessary too.

Though if I wanted to be as callous about asthma as she's being about family planning, I could say that all people with asthma have to do is never leave their houses and then inhalers would be unnecessary too.

This.

Ugh! If every married woman would just have as many babies as they possibly can without any thought to their financial situation or their (or their husbands) mental and physical capability to care for them, this world would be a MUCH better place!

So many precious babies everywhere...we all could be knee deep in babies! Miraculously they would ALL be cared for and homeschooled from age 2 because when a woman's body conceives EVERYTHING else falls into place automatically (as long as she's not a SLUT who is unmarried yet sexually active or a woman who is not a Godly Christian woman!). So says every fundy blogger..

The children? What children? Oh the former babies.. Well as long as the baby has what he or she needs everything is great and "the others" will work out their own problems. Just ask Zsu! The baby has a queen sized bed that she sometimes share with her parents. What do the other kids have?.....A little less space in a tiny house to make room for the next baby who will have more space than he/she needs. Too bad kids...you should have stayed a baby. Besides, it's the woman's job to bring them into this world and pick out a home school curriculum. Any other need like space, privacy, personal attention, security, shoes that fit, enough food, blah blah blah is not *really* needed. It's just something woman who use birth control tell themselves to justify extinguishing the potential lives in their ovaries! Obviously if they cared about their children they would give them as many siblings as possible even if it killed them or put the whole family in abject poverty. SO SELFISH!

But seriously, I really don't get it. Birth control is for "sissies" because real tough women keep their uterus occupied? It's not like they're superhumans who manage to juggle 10 kids and everything else. It seems like they lower their expectations in every way possible with the addition of every child and encourage themselves by discouraging every other woman from having a life outside of motherhood.

Not that I or anyone else should have to justify our use of birth control, but does she even think about what would happen to happy marriages if the only form of birth control was an aspirin? Divorce, poverty, etc. It would put a great strain on my marriage if we had to use the aspirin form of birth control since we cannot afford another child right now.

Also my fat thighs would make this method pointless. I don't think i could hold an aspirin between my knees.

Oh and concerning "pregnancy is a natural medicine for PCOS" is she aware a lot of teen agers get diagnosed with PCOS? Is she advocating underage marriage and pregnancies in those cases?

Anyway, I have the impression a lot of these fundie women have some kind of pregnancy/baby fetish rather than genuinely wanting a large family to raise properly.

Gee, universal healthcare would take care of the issue of life saving drugs, no? You would not have to scrimp, save, and scratch by to get the meds you/ your child needs. They would be available for free or extremely low cost and available to all, so no worries! If this dipshit actually did give a rat's ass about people's life saving meds, she would be all for universal healthcare.

~signed the mom who spent over $200 a month for her kid's meds while uninsured and almost lost the house.

~signed the person who works for pharmacy insurance who has to hear every day, all day "I can't aford that! What am I supposed to do now?"

OH MY GOD

dude this lady better cough up for the blood pressure medication I'm going to need after reading that

So, she's having an unlimited number of kids because "birth control is for sissies", yet she's raising them without insurance...and patting herself on the back for doing the responsible thing? :doh:

What happens when she has so many children that she can't afford either the EpiPens or Christmas presents? What does her family go without? Food? Clothing?

By the way, no one is asking for free birth control. They only want their insurance to cover BC. People pay a monthly fee for insurance.

I guess I will admit to being a sissy. I couldn't deliver another dead baby emotionally. I also was scared of getting hyperemesis again.

OH MY GOD

dude this lady better cough up for the blood pressure medication I'm going to need after reading that

But then her kids might not get birthday presents. She can afford Zazzle shirts and Nordstrom bras but she certainly can't afford your medication on top of birthday presents. THINK OF THE CHILDREN (since she doesn't)!!!!111!!

What happens when she has so many children that she can't afford either the EpiPens or Christmas presents? What does her family go without? Food? Clothing?

By the way, no one is asking for free birth control. They only want their insurance to cover BC. People pay a monthly fee for insurance.

No, what her shirt should read is "Birth Control is For Sissies, when in my idyllic universe, perfectly married husband with a secure job and mom who stays at home to cook and homeschool are trying for more of God's Blessings. The Lord Will Provide, to us, who are faithful. To the rest of you whores who have sex out of wedlock, keep your legs closed. That is all. And I'm better than you (oops, forgot that one.)"

I don't think CafePress will allow me that much room.

Getting my IUD was NOT a moment for sissies. I wasn't on my cycle when I went so she had to manually dilate me. BOY HOWDY! I had to do that whole focused, centered breathing from when I gave birth.

No, what her shirt should read is "Birth Control is For Sissies, when in my idyllic universe, perfectly married husband with a secure job and mom who stays at home to cook and homeschool are trying for more of God's Blessings. The Lord Will Provide, to us, who are faithful. To the rest of you whores who have sex out of wedlock, keep your legs closed. That is all. And I'm better than you (oops, forgot that one.)"

I don't think CafePress will allow me that much room.

They might, but people would be staring at her chest all day trying to read that. Though maybe that's what she wants...

But seriously, I really don't get it. Birth control is for "sissies" because real tough women keep their uterus occupied?

I would love to know what they say about me. I don't use birth control at all, haven't used for years. No kids, though. I have discussed about the subject in peer groups and I am not the only one who has heard from these xtian freaks how we are childless because we don't have a faith or if we have, it is not right kind of faith and because of this we are not 'blessed' (as children are a reward and gifts). I hate when they start to assume too much about other people and yelling about birth control is one part of that.

But, enough of my personal rant. I agree with you. I used the pill when I was single because of terrible dysmenorrhea. That type where you are so much in pain you wish you could rip your uterus out and when nothing takes pain away and you start to throw up because of the PAIN! Using the pill helped me tremendously but, alas, my body appeared to be very sensitive to hormonal intake and now hormonal contraceptives are banned. I tried different kind of methods: combined, progestogen-only, Nuvaring, patch... Nope. So I am back consuming huge amounts of painkillers.

I hate when they start to campaign how birth control is something demonic. It bloody hell helps people to live decent life. Sometimes it even helps to save lives but no, they don't care.

There's a comment that she stole the photo of the boy with the nebulizer from the About.com website. I wonder how long that will stay up!

Edited to add: Dang, that was fast. Should have screen capped it!

Nah, you'd just be ZuZu. Except she'd also have the issues with family planning.