IGNORED

Free Jinger: Terms

meow139

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One BRILLIANT FJ poster invented:

Frumper: a frumpy, shapeless jumper. Frumpers are often made in bulk, in a variety of sizes so that every woman in the family, from granny down to the toddler can wear matchy, matchy prairie jumpers. (See early Bates family, Seven Sisters, Maxwell Family)

Do you remember which brilliant FJ?

Also J'Chelle, J'Michelle, and OfJimBob

To add to this -- calling a woman "of_________(man's name) comes from the book The Handmaid's Tale, which is well-worth reading for insight into a lot of the things we discuss here.

AD = AnnoDomini = troll around these parts; if she posts, you must reply with the post containing helpful information about free counseling near to her house.

So THAT'S what that was! I kept wondering why these 'spam' messages kept showing up. :D

There's also Crazy Janis who is a blogger who changes religions frequently going from fundie to Mormon at least twice, and has even said she was atheist at some point.

No TTC or TTH:

TTC = Tater Tot Casserole

TTH = Tater Tot House(?) I have always read it that way...

TTH = Tinker Toy House

CollegeMinus is College Plus! right?

So "howler monkeys" are just the younger children from Joy on down? I always assumed it was the rowdy boys. And the lost girls only applies to Johanna, Jennifer, and Jordyn? Personally, I think all those girls are lost but I understand what the term means.

Has anyone come up with a name for their violin screeches of death yet?

That would be "Eine Kleine Nichtmusik" :violin:

I always thought QFT was Quite Fucking True.

We really need a nickname for Anna Duggar. OfSmuggar just doesn't do it for me. Joshygirl isn't bad, but I think we can do better.

That would be "Eine Kleine Nichtmusik" :violin:

:clap:

For Anna, I was thinking Smeller (or Babyshitter, after the toilet birth), but those seem a little too mean for our Anna. Maybe Mr. Keller could be Smeller?

When I first tried to register here, the question to make sure I was not a bot was 'who is the pissing preacher?'. I had not a clue! :lol:

• 3 months later...

Only just found this but thankyou. Never understood "Riffles". :lol:

:clap:

I've never used these terms here but I conduct a school orchestra and refer to out of tune musicians as "Itchys" (they make your skin crawl), Violinists as "Scratchys" (their sound), Violists as "Angels" (Guess what I play) and Cellists as "Princesses" (very sarcastic, as they are my least feminine students and refuse to wear skirts on stage) and Bassists as "Truckers" (due to both their size and a warm up exercise rattle-rattle-dump-truck). These combine into Itchy-Scratchy, Itchy-Angel, etc. (Yes, I am aware these are all very bad teacher jokes but it makes my students laugh.)

Using this, the Duggars would be the "Itchy & Scratchy show".

Don't forget Lard Lad for Josh and Lady Lard Lad for Anna. Whoever first used those names is brilliant.

Also, Lost Girls for the youngest Duggar daughters -- Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie.

Archived