IGNORED

Bates in Peru with Gothard

formergothardite

Wow, my child has significant medical issues and has had multiple bowel obstructions and surgeries. I've never heard of implanting intestines into the brain. I'm willing to guess that the Peruvian doctors have probably never hear of that either, not unless they are using something from inside his body to fashion a shunt or something, but that's not the normal method of doing so.

So some of the Bates are in Peru with Gothard (and according to Baylee10 he paid for them to come) and there is a blog about the trip. The blog shows how crazy ATI is.

Some of the craziest parts:

The team went from there to a meeting with the top psychologist and discussed the idea of taking the principles contained in the 7 Deadly Stresses book and testing it on the patients and then documenting the results.

Keep in mind that this is from a guy who claimed all psychological problems are caused by being selfish.

Today we visited a Nursing School and spoke to the students there. They were very receptive to the message Mr. Gothard shared with them on Transforming Painful Memories and they are excited about implementing a stress resolution program in their school.

I'm guessing stress resolution is his newest kick.

The ALERT men had the opportunity to train over 200 security personal from the area. The men used the illustration of a river crossing to teach them vital character qualities that could increase their effectiveness in their place of work.

The security people look bored out of their minds.

After that, the team when to a home for guys. The ALERT men did a drill down with the group and many of the staff shared testimonies that really impacted the guys.

What is a drill down?

Today started with a visit to two of the largest hospitals in Lima and the regional director gave us a tour of the facilities.

One of the patients visited was a little boy about 5 years old named Julio. He is suffering from brain paralysis which hinders his motor skills. He had just come out of a surgery in which a portion of his gut had been implanted into his brain and he was already showing signs of healing. The doctors cannot explain why that technique is working, but Mr. Gothard was able to share with them the mind and body connection. They are working on an agreement in which VERITY institute will be able to work with the hospitals on a stress evaluation program and document the results.

:shock: WTF?! Medical Free Jingerians are going to have to explain the brain surgery to me.

We also had the opportunity to meet with about 10 gang leaders at our hotel and share with them principles for success in life

They are teaching gang leaders how to be successful? That doesn't sound like a good idea.

teamperu12.blogspot.com/

I know last year someone here posted the blog for that year's Peru trip, does anyone remember it and if it was this crazy filled?

Wow - haven't read much about Gothard but this sounds like he's got a lot in common with L. Ron Hubbard in the sanity department. Except he's actually using God to gain followers and not just pretending his lifestyle is a religion to get tax breaks.

Implanting a portion of the gut into the brain...whatever "doctor" did that is not exactly an intellectual powerhouse. :roll:

Just plain weird. The 'mind and body connection?' Somehow I never thought of merging the two with surgery. Yes, indeed, I would like to know what actually happened. 'Brain Paralysis' is another mystery. Usually paraylsis refers to muscles, and while we all know people who appear to have muscles for brains obviously that doesn't exist in reality.

Archived