IGNORED

Want to buy Miss Raquel a birthday present?

formergothardite

Well then here you go! She made a handy-dandy list of all the things she wants incuding colors and brands should anyone feel like buying her stuff. If she was less self-absorbed when asked by strangers on her blog what to buy for her birthday, she would have directed them to the charity she started and told them to donate in her honor. But she wants an American Eagle hoodie(not in black and white), fingerless goves (with buttons or clasp!) and Tom's shoes (in neutral colors!)

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, wow. When I was turning 18 the only thing I asked for was a laptop because I wanted to go to college and a laptop could be moved around easy and computers are very important for college. I didn't get one for my birthday, but got one as a graduation present. She's sounds like a very young teenager instead of an 18yo. All those hoodies and cards. She asks for a lot of stuff. I don't see anything wrong with someone asking what you like and giving them a few ideas for gifts, but yeah, a bit tactless.

I like that on the list of 'books by' she's written 'The Hunger Games' rather than the author of it.

Is she really turning 18? I thought she was a lot younger than that.

I'm betting a courtship between her and Daniel (the anonymous Antagonist) in the next year. Then she can list all the wedding presents she wants and completely forget about the horse God took time to buy her.

God bought it for her? Surely her parents did?

I just read her post on courtship. She sounds about 13 (though at 13 I did not want my first kiss to be on my wedding day! Don't think I have ever wanted that!)

God bought it for her? Surely her parents did?

I just read her post on courtship. She sounds about 13 (though at 13 I did not want my first kiss to be on my wedding day! Don't think I have ever wanted that!)

Nope, God did. :roll:

And last November, God gave me a horse…my beautiful Knight.

Thanks for posting this, formergothardite. I will get right on that! ;)

God took the money he was going to spend on buying food for starving children and used it to buy her a horse instead. She is THAT special.

I kind of laugh at her saying that Toms shoes are "pretty in right now". The popularity of Toms has decreased and I have known several people who have bought them and they have said they are uncomfortable.

OK, I know I've defended her in the past because she's young-ish. And I still think that if you take a random smattering of 17-almost-18 year olds on livejournal you'd find equally vapid, badly-written blogs.

BUT most vapid, badly-written blogs of teenagers are simply attempts for the writer to pour out their teenage angst. Miss Raquel's trying to emulate more serious blogs that promote the fundie lifestyle--with her interviews of boys and opinions on courtship--but other blogs that do this are more careful in how they portray the lifestyle/author/family. They either are written by older women (mothers of the family) or are heavily edited by parents (like when fathers step into their daughter's blogs to respond to comments :roll: ). Miss Raquel is too immature to realize how much she sounds like a teenager, so she can't even begin to edit herself to sound like those blogs. She ends up with this weird combination of teenage angst and fundie city-on-a-hilling that's hard to sympathize with.

TL;DR: I agree she's annoying.

Counting all the gift cards and general categories as one each, I make 30 things.

Wow. She must have lots of generous friends and readers.

(Is it very wrong that I kind of like those gloves? Except I'm not even finding them on the Claire's site.)

In May 2009, she writes:

According to the public school standards, I should be in the 8th grade, but am in the 9th! haha

So I always took that to mean she was 14 then? (Because usually you're around 13 when starting 8th grade, and her birthday is April 1st, so that means for most of that school year she would have been 13...) So that would mean now she's 16, turning 17 in April. If I'm a year off, she could be 17 turning 18.

Nope, God did. :roll:

Yeah, I hate that. See also:

God provided for Elijah in another way and we are trusting that He will provide for our adoption in another way. One such way is through our $7 for our 7th campaign at A Charity Project. The idea is simple, you give $7 and then spread the word to those you know via the web, facebook, email, or blogs and they give $7 and so on. The ripple effect ensues and we meet our fundraising goal.

(from steadfastminds-ethiopiadotblogspotdotca/2012/03/some-time-later.html)

So...actually God isn't required to open his wallet after all, YOU are.

God bought her a horse? WTF?

Also when I was 8 or so I got in trouble for passing out a birthday wish list that was a third of that. Being that specific with gifts, and so many, is greedy. Does she really expect random blog readers love her so much they'll be sending her gifts?

I want that camera lens too, but won't be asking anyone for it because it is EXPENSIVE. She's either spoiled and selfish or just plain selfish.

God bought her a horse? WTF?

Also when I was 8 or so I got in trouble for passing out a birthday wish list that was a third of that. Being that specific with gifts, and so many, is greedy. Does she really expect random blog readers love her so much they'll be sending her gifts?

I want that camera lens too, but won't be asking anyone for it because it is EXPENSIVE. She's either spoiled and selfish or just plain selfish.

I have seen a few fundie bloggers discuss receiving gifts from readers before. Maybe she has seen that and thinks some people will send her gifts. I think her wish list is mostly directed at her friends and family. I can see the friends giving her movies, CD's, or gift cards to iTunes and BN. I think Miss Raquel is selfish and spoiled. Her parents will probably get her one of more of the expensive things she wants. I have teen relatives who are a bit spoiled but they aren't extremely greedy and specific when it comes to gifts and a few of them also have part time jobs to get some of the stuff they want.

Guest Anonymous

Let's all contribute to buy her everything on the list, and have it dropped into her yard by helicopter. Or delivered to the door by someone dressed as Jesus.

Guest Anonymous
Let's all contribute to buy her everything on the list, and have it dropped into her yard by helicopter. Or delivered to the door by someone dressed as Jesus.

I'll join in a whipround to buy her a book on horse care. :naughty:

Maybe we should do that. We could buy the DVD's, CD's, and books used except for War Horse.

Or just say it is from Free Jinger and see if she publically thanks us.

Hey, forget Jesus, let's have it all delivered by Buddha, or Krishna, or the Virgin Mary, or Allah via Muhammad...

I looked at last year's birthday post and she is turning 17 this year. So I guess I have another year till she hits courtship age.

Archived