IGNORED

Kirk Cameron gonna be on Today Show this morning!

longskirtlotsakids

He is will be discussing his 'controversial' position on homosexuality.

Can't wait to see him embarrass himself some more. Turn on your sets!

He is will be discussing his 'controversial' position on homosexuality.

Can't wait to see him embarrass himself some more. Turn on your sets!

They will be gentle on him. I wish that these reporters would stop treating Christian conservatives with kid gloves. Part of the reason that we have such a mess concerning women's rights is that news media doesn't want to ask religious people hard questions about their beliefs.

edited because honestly, I can spell

ugh. and the same day my local paper advertises ticket sales for a Focus on the Family parenting seminar. i need a drink.

Fairly boring interview. Of course Mike Seaver's name came up.

I didn't care for the part where he said words to the effect of - people should be allowed to express how much they hate gays through their personal friendships with gays. WTF? You don't have any gay friends, Krik. Even the guys from Griffith Park aren't your friends. ;)

Ann Curry was a pretty soft touch, though she did seem a little put off about how he gays are going to destroy society. It was a face-saving softball interview. Just what you'd expect from Today.

What the fuck? Watching the Today show and they keep giving the teasers for kirky boy at each break, and Ann Curry just said something about his new movie. This really upsets me that you can go on national tv spewing out hatred and you still get to go out and pimp your latest project. That's why Kirk is smiling like that - he knows that he can keep frothing hatred and it'll give him publicity for his shit.

Fairly boring interview. Of course Mike Seaver's name came up.

I didn't care for the part where he said words to the effect of - people should be allowed to express how much they hate gays through their personal friendships with gays. WTF? You don't have any gay friends, Krik. Even the guys from Griffith Park aren't your friends. ;)

Ann Curry was a pretty soft touch, though she did seem a little put off about how he gays are going to destroy society. It was a face-saving softball interview. Just what you'd expect from Today.

It is like the media exists in a different world. Granted, this is supposed to be a softball type show. But how can Ann Curry not know that there is a lot of hatred for gays among the religious right? She must realize that Cameron and his ilk are teaching hatred to their followers.

The only reason (it seems to me) that any celebrity goes on any talk show (from today, to colbert)is when they have a project to pimp.

I guess my biggest issue is that it's still okay to say anything you want about being gay when you team it up with your religion - the bible says ect... A couple of years ago when the Seinfeld guy (I can't remember his name) went on a tirade during his stand up show and let out a string of the "n" word, he was basically blackballed for a time and is still pretty much off the radar. Yet when it's gays, it's okay, I'm not using hate speech, this here bible tells me it's true, so anyone from has been actors to our political candidates can say whatever they want.

i am waiting for a gay (or a visible minority) to be interviewed and say "some of my best friends are homophobes/racist/bigots. Cause I wouldn't believe them either.

On the other hand, I think there is a good reason we don't hear that.

I guess my biggest issue is that it's still okay to say anything you want about being gay when you team it up with your religion - the bible says ect... A couple of years ago when the Seinfeld guy (I can't remember his name) went on a tirade during his stand up show and let out a string of the "n" word, he was basically blackballed for a time and is still pretty much off the radar. Yet when it's gays, it's okay, I'm not using hate speech, this here bible tells me it's true, so anyone from has been actors to our political candidates can say whatever they want.

For generations, people used the Bible to justify slavery and then segregation. And I imagine many people still do- it's just not on the news at the moment. "I'm not using hate speech- it says right here that the Children of Ham need to be enslaved. They're different from us/ not as smart/ {insert racist bullshit here} and that's why Jesus wants them kept separate from us."

This drives me nuts as well.

People need to OWN their opinions, and realize that observing religion is a CHOICE. Saying "Oh, but I only hate [group] because God tells me to, so I'm not a bigot, I'm a NICE PERSON, if you don't like it you should take it up with God, not ME, no, it's not MY fault I'm just following orders..." does not even remotely begin to fly in my world.

Ever notice how the supposedly "liberal" media is so soft on these types?

Bumping this to share what George Takei has to say about Kirk Cameron: "Kirk Cameron was surprised that gay people took offense to his statement that homosexuality is "unnatural" and "detrimental to society," reminding us that he has in fact been a consistent idiot all of his life."

I love George Takei!

Bumping this to share what George Takei has to say about Kirk Cameron: "Kirk Cameron was surprised that gay people took offense to his statement that homosexuality is "unnatural" and "detrimental to society," reminding us that he has in fact been a consistent idiot all of his life."

I love George Takei!

:dance:

How is Kirk Cameron relevant enough to be interviewed on national television? Serious question.

:dance:

How is Kirk Cameron relevant enough to be interviewed on national television? Serious question.

That's what I was wondering. Putting him on national TV is rewarding him for bad behavior. He wanted attention and he got it.

Matt Lauer does better interviews with assholes. I loved his interview with Tom Cruise a few years ago. Ann is very soft. She needs to stick to people like the Dalai Lama.

Archived