IGNORED

Garlands of Grace attack Catholics

fluttershies

facebook.com/pages/Garlands-of-Grace/117793814917755

See their top post where they feel 'burdened' for Catholics to come out of their ~heathen ways. Unfortunately they don't seem to have realised this means losing a lot of customers, both Catholic and those standing up for Catholics. Not very gracious either!

Losing custom=suffering for the truth/Christ.

And they're not ungracious, they're 'speaking the truth in love'.

At any rate, I'm glad they're getting so much shit from their Facebook fans/customers. I think they probably didn't expect such a negative reaction. I'm sad though, as I did like their coverings but they are pretty expensive and I could probably make similar ones myself.

Argh. I thought I posted on this thread. LOL

A Catholic dollar is still a dollar. They have a business and it is self destrucitive to expect the majority of you customers to agree with most of your beliefs.

Can you link to them without the dot. Maybe just take off the www?

Fixed. And yeah, I wonder if they thought more people would agree with them, but there is a big Catholic headcovering crowd, as well as non-Protestant coverers from other traditions, and with the blogosphere aware of this....they could potentially lose a LOT of custom.

I wandered over to the site. She has beautiful coverings that I would consider buying --- the headbands were cute-- but as a cradle Catholic I won't send her a cent.

I'd have trouble because of the 'aborted baby in pepsi', giving them money.

They were also very actively praying against Susan G Komen helping Planned Parenthood when that stuff blew up.

Does she say what type of church she belongs to? Growing up Baptist I heard a lot of "save the Catholics!!!!" They even had mission trips :roll:

That faulty meme is all over RTL sites.

What does RTL stand for? I've seen it in a lot of different places. It amazes me to no end that people could actually believe it's true.

What does RTL stand for? I've seen it in a lot of different places. It amazes me to no end that people could actually believe it's true.

right to life

That's too bad. I own several of their headcoverings and was considering another purchase, but... Hmmm.

And yes, the Pepsi has aborted babies just started showing up in my feed on FB. Yay.

Argh. I thought I posted on this thread. LOL

A Catholic dollar is still a dollar. They have a business and it is self destrucitive to expect the majority of you customers to agree with most of your beliefs.

Can you link to them without the dot. Maybe just take off the www?

Question about this - the link is actually to their Facebook page. They can't track it from FB, right? If I was the OP, I would have used a live link bc it is FB. If I was linking to their webpage, though, I would not use a live link. Am I wrong?

Ignorance is such a popular commodity among fundamentalists.

That's too bad. I own several of their headcoverings and was considering another purchase, but... Hmmm.

I wish they had posted that a week ago. I just ordered something from them. I'm considering sending it back with a note telling them I don't support religious bigotry.

Notice that after over 100 comments they have not once responded. They'll probably post some Bible verses later today to show they're right, everyone else is wrong, just like they did when they did a post a while back about Planned Parenthood (I left a few comments there as well as some other girl and they just threw Bible verses back at us).

I wish they had posted that a week ago. I just ordered something from them. I'm considering sending it back with a note telling them I don't support religious bigotry.

Notice that after over 100 comments they have not once responded. They'll probably post some Bible verses later today to show they're right, everyone else is wrong, just like they did when they did a post a while back about Planned Parenthood (I left a few comments there as well as some other girl and they just threw Bible verses back at us).

Haha, I think I may have been the other girl :)

I am really sort of....delighted? That this has caused such a hoo-hah for them. Not pleased that they have this opinion, but that so many people have said that they will boycott them in support of Catholics. They really have shot themselves in the foot.

Wow. That's a truly inspired bit of bed-shitting, right there. It's almost Komen-esque.

There are some really great, dignified responses from Catholic women in there, however. Too bad they probably won't make any difference.

And this, my fellow FJites, is why Frothy's presidential campaign is destined to go down in flames. (That is, latent Catholic bigotry still present among more conservative Protestants.)

Absolutely stupid on the part of the owners of Garlands of Grace. Bedshitting of the first order.

Agree, there are some very dignified and thoughful responses on the part of the Catholic and Protestant women who don't agree with her.

I still DO NOT GET how headbands with a flower qualify as "headcovering" for fundie protestants and catholics. If you go to a pre vat II church, I guarantee a floral headband on an adult woman does not qualify as a chapel veil, hat, mantilla, or headcovering. I would suspect ditto with the fundie "covering my head for my headship crowd". Just don't get it. It's hair decor, not headcovering.

(snip)

I still DO NOT GET how headbands with a flower qualify as "headcovering" for fundie protestants and catholics. If you go to a pre vat II church, I guarantee a floral headband on an adult woman does not qualify as a chapel veil, hat, mantilla, or headcovering. I would suspect ditto with the fundie "covering my head for my headship crowd". Just don't get it. It's hair decor, not headcovering.

I don't get it either.

I was about to post about this. Absolutely disgusting. I commented on it earlier in the day and my FB inbox has been BLOWING UP ever since. They probably won't even acknowledge it or explain it or cry PERSECUTION!!!!

The kicker is the one picture in their profile where someone comments and they attack her with this weird reply:

Garlands of Grace

Hi (left her name out)! I couldn't help but see your profile picture:)Because I care about you, I would like to share God's Word with you:

"For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;" Revelation 22:18

Please turn away from the Anti-Christ LDS doctrine and embrace the teachings of the Bible!!!

How RUDE. :roll: :(

They do make a few longer ones that actually work as a covering, and used to have the option of adding length to those, but I agree with the headbands. I think it's more trying to serve 2 markets - the coverings as a niche and the bands for people just wanting something decorative and not doing it for religious reasons.

Archived