IGNORED

Team Impact?

Lainey

Why We Exist

Team Impact’s purpose is to partner with local churches to reach individual communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ, to serve the local pastor and build the local church.

So if they are a Christian recruiting group, why in the hell are they at a public school?

www.team-impact.com/about

The principal claimed that she didn't know what they were about. One of the dads said that she did her due diligence, but it doesn't sound like it to me AT ALL.

From what I have seen they tend to be fundies in disguise. we have seen several schools getting stuck with them or the like.

I posted a thread about them last fall. They came to my daughter's elementary school and flexed their muscles for Jebus, gave an anti-bullying speech, and sent home an invitation to Second Baptist Church that looked like a cartoon trading card. The parents were not notified ahead of time, even though I had to sign off for my daughter to attend President Obama's speech. I'm still livid, especially because I can't even be open about my objections without staking my daughter out like a goat.

The FFRF sent a great letter to the district and I've joined their organization, but I have no doubt they'll be back.

I am sorry but if you are a principal of a school surely you can use a goddamn computer to find out about groups that are invited to speak at your school. The first link and even on their site it mentions their affiliations.

And this is why I look in to anything going on at my kid's school. Screw these people. If they have to be underhanded about it surely they should see that what they are doing is stupid.

I'll take the fundies any day, at least you know what you are getting with them.

Archived