IGNORED

Who's seeing The Hunger Games this week???

holierthanyou

I saw it last night (well, this morning at 12.01).

Overall I think it was a really good adaption of the novel. It would be awesome if they didn't change a thing from the book, but of course that is unrealistic. But yeah, overall, really really good. :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw it last night (well, this morning at 12.01).

Overall I think it was a really good adaption of the novel. It would be awesome if they didn't change a thing from the book, but of course that is unrealistic. But yeah, overall, really really good. :D

Care to spoil the things that were changed? :)

Care to spoil the things that were changed? :)

There were the obvious things like Madge, and the lack of the Avox story, but more majorly Peeta's character was sort of stronger and not as helpless as in the book. Also, he got to keep his leg. And you don't see Katniss get the bread from District 11 but they made up for that by showing an awesome montage of District 11 rebelling against the Capitol. I'm sure there were other things...but I think that's the major stuff. Oh! Buttercup is black and white lol.

can't wait!!! squeeeee!!! not reading the spoilers!!! I'm so excited :D I've worked my ass off all week to be able to take the evening and night/morning off :P

I might go and see it, though I've heard it's a ripoff Battle Royale. I wanted to read the books first but there's about fifty reservations on them at the library.

It has a similar scenario as Battle Royale, but honestly, there ARE no new stories out there. Everything is just a retread of an old story.

There were the obvious things like Madge, and the lack of the Avox story, but more majorly Peeta's character was sort of stronger and not as helpless as in the book. Also, he got to keep his leg. And you don't see Katniss get the bread from District 11 but they made up for that by showing an awesome montage of District 11 rebelling against the Capitol. I'm sure there were other things...but I think that's the major stuff. Oh! Buttercup is black and white lol.

Did it end in the same place the first book did? I think I heard there might be 4 movies instead of 3, so I was curious if they'd start playing around with the timeline this early...

It has a similar scenario as Battle Royale, but honestly, there ARE no new stories out there. Everything is just a retread of an old story.

I agree with that part. I have seen people complain on different forums about The Hunger Games being a rip off of Battle Royale and it is dumb at this because nothing is new or original at this point.

Did it end in the same place the first book did? I think I heard there might be 4 movies instead of 3, so I was curious if they'd start playing around with the timeline this early...

Yeah, pretty much the same place. It ends with Peeta and Katniss back at District 12. Their relationship and 'was it all for the games' wasn't really explored, so they are probably leaving that for Catching Fire.

Edit:

It actually ends with a shot of Snow watching Peeta and Katniss, I forgot about that.

I loved it - if you are unsure about seeing the movie, just go!

Seeing it again tomorrow (today) at noon with a group of friends (went by myself tonight). There was a girl behind me in line who was an awesome Glimmer but not many people dressed up. I braided my hair, had a sparkly beaded red necklace and gold eyeshadow - that was it. LOL

I was surprised they took out the part where Katniss was on stage blushing when Peeta talked about his crush on her, it makes her more human and loveable to the audience in the Capitol. Loved some of the behind the scenes shots of Haymitch working the Games. I felt like I was *in* the arena at some points - inspired film work!

I have a feeling i'm going to be the odd one out on this, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, it's good! But there were a lot of little things that were changed for no reason that bothered me, and something about the filming put me off, but I can't really put my finger on it.

Still going to try to see it again if I can get someone to watch the kids. :D

ETA - they showed a promo thing for Kirk Cameron's new movie before the show! All of the comments I overheard when it was showing were mocking him, which pleased my heart greatly.

I have a feeling i'm going to be the odd one out on this, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, it's good! But there were a lot of little things that were changed for no reason that bothered me, and something about the filming put me off, but I can't really put my finger on it.

ETA - they showed a promo thing for Kirk Cameron's new movie before the show! All of the comments I overheard when it was showing were mocking him, which pleased my heart greatly.

I'm now hoping that happens at my theater so I can mock him. I remember hearing about the Courageous trailer getting mocked before screenings of The Help and other movies last summer.

I loved it! :D Jennifer Lawrence is awesome as Katniss!

I think it's great for Peeta, we know from the beginning he's intelligent since we don't only get Katniss' point of view :D

I loved it too! The only problem was I was surrounded by teens that like to talk during the movie >:(

I'm going to see it again when the excitement dies down. Jennifer Lawrence rocked as Katniss.

Same here! I can't exactly say why I didn't LOVE it. It was really good, there was just something I didn't like about it. It may have just been my general annoyance at people I was with. They kept talking and asking me questions and making stupid comments "It's Rue!" "What's the gamemaker's name?" "Aww, she's so precious why does she die?!" When I'm in a theater I just want to watch the damn movie, I don't need a running commentary! Seriously, in the middle of the goddamn movie, my friend leans over, stares at me, and then when I didn't respond, says "Myname! Myname! HI!" WTF is that?

Sorry, rant over. Overall I really loved a lot of the acting. I thought Josh Hutcherson was phenomenal. His part really blew me away. I want to see it again.

Same here! I can't exactly say why I didn't LOVE it. It was really good, there was just something I didn't like about it. It may have just been my general annoyance at people I was with. They kept talking and asking me questions and making stupid comments "It's Rue!" "What's the gamemaker's name?" "Aww, she's so precious why does she die?!" When I'm in a theater I just want to watch the damn movie, I don't need a running commentary! Seriously, in the middle of the goddamn movie, my friend leans over, stares at me, and then when I didn't respond, says "Myname! Myname! HI!" WTF is that?

Sorry, rant over. Overall I really loved a lot of the acting. I thought Josh Hutcherson was phenomenal. His part really blew me away. I want to see it again.

LOVE your screen name :D The theater I was at was full of teenagers talking and one dipshit kept baaaing like a sheep :evil: I going to go see again during the week.

LOVE your screen name :D The theater I was at was full of teenagers talking and one dipshit kept baaaing like a sheep :evil: I going to go see again during the week.

Haha thanks! I'm pretty sure I got it from an old Orbit commercial. :p

Sounds like you had a pretty sucky experience, I'm sorry! It was even more irritating to me because it was the people I came with that kept talking. Ugh. I don't know if I'll get another chance to see it in theaters, but I hope when you go it's okay. Maybe during the week when all the annoying kids are in school? Hahaha.

I just got home from watching it and I loved it! Was it perfect, definitely not, but I guess I got used to that with Harry Potter (and they kept way more to the story with The Hunger Games IMHO). I'm going to see it again next week with a friend who can't see it this weekend and I'm excited to see it again.

Guest Anonymous

How violent was the movie? My 11 yr old is begging me to take her to see it but she is really sensitive to blood and violence and I don't know if she could handle it. She did read the book. What do you think?

Archived